Schlumberger

United Kingdom172 reviews

Found 172 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,501 reviews
oilcareerindustrytrainingtravellongprojectchallenging

Collaborative workplace

Great place to work with strong attention to Health, Safety and Environment. Friendly people and a good collaborative environment. Reasonable pay and benefits. Industry however does suffer effects of periodic downturns.

Poison by some “managers”

Mates are in, poisonous people in some positions that managers need as they do not know the roles. Many good people at this company but some get off with nastiness due to time at the company!

Insights into Schlumberger

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Apprentice

Don't care about apprentices no plan and bad management no time spent learning what we need to and the college course had no relevance to the work side.

Great place to have worked. All staff extremely friendly and helpful.

I sadly had to leave because they relocated to where it was not possible for me to commute. It was a professional company and very welcoming and laid back attitude.

Best trainers

I started my job with Schlumberger as a welder but looking at my previous rig experience I was selected to attend the defensive Driver's Coordinator course in Oklahoma City USA.After successful completion of the course I was offered a job as a trainee Cementer and later own I was promoted to Cementing Supervisor and continued working for them for many years worldwide. Thanks to Schlumberger for boosting my career.

Pros

Free lance and well as permanent staff

Cons

Terrible employer. No work life balance

Expected to work away at very short notice, often in awful conditions. They have a fire and hire culture so no job security. Expected to work in own time to complete learning modules to progress. Simply cannot emphasise how bad a place it was to work.

Pros

Uniform.

Cons

Long hours, poor higher management, not great pay.

Fast progression

Overall a good company to work for. Definitely a leading company in terms of ensuring employee competency and compliance to QHSE. They will always push you for courses and cross training

Pros

Salary + bonus

Cons

work life balance

Good attitude and co operation

I spent a very nice 3 years with Schlumberger Saudi Arabia, I regret for resign, but I think about money that Halliburton offered me more than Schlumberger

Strong company on the decline

I worked at Schlumberger for one year as a contractor in Accounts Receivables. Great colleagues, working conditions and work-life balance, and pay was decent enough for my level of experience. Unfortunately the company is vulnerable to fluctuations in price and demand of oil, which lead them not to renew my contract with them.

Could do better

Over qualified people ran by under qualified people. Managers lack foresight/understanding/ Lack of structure, a lot of waste, poor communication. Image over substance. Who you know rather than what you know.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Lack of control

Schlumberger is a very technical service company who expect a high level of dedication.

Schlumberger give great opportunities to learn and develop. They are keen to make sure you keep developing your skill set throughout your career. Responsibilities are given early on in Schlumberger and this make of a stressful but rewarding development opertinities.

Fast paced work environment

good experience and fast pace work environment. lots of opportunity to succeed if you put your mind to it and participate in training programs. Lengthy training programs.

Nice place to work

Nice place to work, just a shame this wasn’t a permanent position. Friendly people, relaxed atmosphere. Good working hours and flexibility. Also supportive

productive environment

adhere to schlumbergers work policies and standards career progression service quality HSE KPIs company objectives compliance global workplace culture

All good

Company is a good for a new comers and experinced people. If you want to get a good experince in oil field you have to get opportunity work for Schlumberger.

Fun place to work

I worked as an intern performing lab tests for employees ranging from trying different concentrations of solutes and noting the difference in reactions or taking multiple microscopic photos of various sample produced within the lab

Good company to work for

Good access to learning tools, self development in own time. The work is varied and stimulating. The people are varied and motivated to deliver excellent work product.

Pros

Free fruit

Good employees terrible Management and Ethics

If you want to be a machine work for this company. The pay is good eventually but they expect total loyalty when none is returned. Schlumberger will lay you off the very second you are not required. If you leave they will never (under most circumstances) employ you again even if you had a valid reason to leave.

Pros

Most things paid for by the company for work purposes

Cons

Long hours will send you around the world (literally) to save $10 on flights

Productive, inspiring an fascinating place to work

Excellent company, excellent place to work. Would happily go back and work there again. Schlumberger is a productive, inspiring an fascinating place to work.

Challinging environment

It is an environment that requires time and patient to develop and improve because of it's tough work. In there you will be able do develop your skills in communication as you will interact with different people from different countries, whom you are working with.

Good work environment

It was a good place to work.People,company structure and the work environment was a positive and encouraging to give your full out put. I would recommend this company for any professional who is looking for a challenging career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schlumberger. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Schlumberger with

Learn about Schlumberger in popular locations

• Schlumberger