Schroders Investment Management

Schroders Investment Management Employee Reviews

Very relaxed and collaborative work place

Very relaxed and collaborative work place. Highly recommend. They work in advanced technology areas with ample of opportunities to learn new areas of interest. centrally located and easy for commute.

Top notch talent pool in NY and UK

Very impressive investment management talent in NY and UK to learn from. Most people are approachable and collaborative. Better work life balance than an average NYC financial services shop. Good technology systems with no expense spared to ensure efficient processes.

Was ok but not that great.

Working at Shriners was quite stressful I was constantly given tasks that nobody else wanted to. I felt this mainly due to the fact that I was contractor. There were certain job functions that I couldn’t do again it was because I was a temp and could only access certain things therefore, I had to ask someone with access to help with certain tasks. That person only ever helped if she was in a good mood

Pros

Pay was good

Cons

No career advancement, no job security, contract was randomly ended when they longer need you

Good role challenging sponsor

Enjoyed working at Schroders. A typical day involved a morning meetings with sponsor, thereafter engaging with various stakeholders in workshops to secure requirements and secure sign off. The culture is very collaborative in nature, thus makes it easier to get things done. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the third party vendors. The most enjoyable part of the job was long lasting partnerships formed with colleagues.

Great company to work for but slow advancement

Schroders Investment Management Luxembourg has one of the best work atmospheres and cultures I have experienced. Great collaboration between teams and individuals. Work-life balance is good and the office is quite cosy. However, the size of the company makes advancement slow and difficult.

Productive Enviroment

Good working Condition with nice colleagues and opportunity to move to different department. it a place to be opened to funds with different funds structure.

Good Paced company with not much career progression

Good place to gain exposure to global stakeholders. Mid sized company with clear direction about business interests. Need to create more bottom up approach in the work culture.

Pros

Good work life balance, fun activities

Nice working environment

Flexible and comprehensive approach towards employees, clear deadlines and well defined tasks.

Enjoyable team and company.

Schroders are a firm built on history and they take good care of all employees and ensures that there is scope for progression and career development.

n/a

I only worked at schroders for a short time but found it to be a good experience and would work for them again if the opportunity came up in the future.

Good work / life balance

The people at Schroders are amazing and are good at what they do. Schroders are very good at realising and helping with work / life balance and flexible working.

Benefits

Double edged sword

A dynamic work environment, fast-paced requests to complete, rigid processes to follow. The team environment and culture is not great, as people usually act as separate units rather than a team.

An exciting and dynamic environment to work in.

Working on the Front of House team no two days were ever the same. The team was always changing and as the Assistant Manager and needed to think on my feet, encourage the team and make sure that an excellent service was provided to the company. My manager was extremely supportive. Schroders always encouraged their employees to improve their knowledge. The hardest part of the job was to discipline my immediate team, making sure that personal appearance and customer service was of an extremely high standard. The best part of the role for me was dealing directly with the clients and ensuring that their visit to the company was a pleasure.

Pros

High quality in house catering. Good people to work with.

Cons

Good benefits, but little career advancement

Good culture but a huge amount of change going on at the moment which makes for a very busy place to work. It is a very flat structure and there is little career advancement that takes place and stress levels high.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Little career advancement

Good work space, common areas, free coffee/ tea

Schroders is a good company to work for. The benefits package is good, we have dental, vision, medical, life insurance and 401k. The individuals that work at Schroders are great. Schroders N.A. has been in transition for over 5 years. There needs to be some direction soon

Pros

Good work environment, good people

Promotes from within

A fantastic blue chip Investment Management firm in London. Promotes talent management and growth from within. A fast paced and brilliantly commercial company that really cares about and takes care of it's staff.

Pros

Subsidised canteen

Cons

Sometimes long hours

Nice place to work

Its a great place to work .they are my client and they really treat us nice as we are working as vendor for them.Over all its a nice place to work and all people are very helpful.

internship

As an intern i was seamlessly transitioned into the equities team where i helped portofolio managers with a variety of tasks. These ranged from equities analysis to more administrative and middle office tasks necsssary for the streamlining of team activities.

Fantastic and highly professional

I thoroughly enjoyed worked for Schroders - it was the highlight of my working career. I learnt a lot about business, finance, targets, professionalism, team work, recruitment, report writing, amongst a lot more - a superb experience. Management were fantastic, looked after and listened to staff. Rewarded great performance with financial bonuses. Great team building events.

Pros

Highly professional

Cons

London commute

Great company to work for!

Challenging environment that allowed individuals to work independently in order to achieve real results. Management cared about the employees and their were smart, intelligent personnel in all levels.

Pros

People

Cons

Headquarters outside US

Productive and fun place to work. Good atmosphere.

It was a 6 month temp position, which got extended. I worked on a desk with 2 others trade support specialists. I would set up new issues securities in Charles River in the mornings when I would get in. Take a look at any failed trades and resolve any issues. When London would open I would send over the trade confirmations and wait for instruction. The hardest part of the job I would say is that there was not much training and I kind of got thrown into the mix. It was more of a learn as you go kind of role.

Pros

Enjoyable people to work with.

Cons

Not much job training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schroders Investment Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Schroders Investment Management with

Learn about Schroders Investment Management in popular locations

• Schroders Investment Management
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?