Schroders Investment Management

Schroders Investment Management Employee Reviews in London

London15 reviews

Very relaxed and collaborative work place

Very relaxed and collaborative work place. Highly recommend. They work in advanced technology areas with ample of opportunities to learn new areas of interest. centrally located and easy for commute.

Was ok but not that great.

Working at Shriners was quite stressful I was constantly given tasks that nobody else wanted to. I felt this mainly due to the fact that I was contractor. There were certain job functions that I couldn’t do again it was because I was a temp and could only access certain things therefore, I had to ask someone with access to help with certain tasks. That person only ever helped if she was in a good mood

Pros

Pay was good

Cons

No career advancement, no job security, contract was randomly ended when they longer need you

Good role challenging sponsor

Enjoyed working at Schroders. A typical day involved a morning meetings with sponsor, thereafter engaging with various stakeholders in workshops to secure requirements and secure sign off. The culture is very collaborative in nature, thus makes it easier to get things done. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the third party vendors. The most enjoyable part of the job was long lasting partnerships formed with colleagues.

Productive Enviroment

Good working Condition with nice colleagues and opportunity to move to different department. it a place to be opened to funds with different funds structure.

Enjoyable team and company.

Schroders are a firm built on history and they take good care of all employees and ensures that there is scope for progression and career development.

n/a

I only worked at schroders for a short time but found it to be a good experience and would work for them again if the opportunity came up in the future.

Good work / life balance

The people at Schroders are amazing and are good at what they do. Schroders are very good at realising and helping with work / life balance and flexible working.

Benefits

Double edged sword

A dynamic work environment, fast-paced requests to complete, rigid processes to follow. The team environment and culture is not great, as people usually act as separate units rather than a team.

An exciting and dynamic environment to work in.

Working on the Front of House team no two days were ever the same. The team was always changing and as the Assistant Manager and needed to think on my feet, encourage the team and make sure that an excellent service was provided to the company. My manager was extremely supportive. Schroders always encouraged their employees to improve their knowledge. The hardest part of the job was to discipline my immediate team, making sure that personal appearance and customer service was of an extremely high standard. The best part of the role for me was dealing directly with the clients and ensuring that their visit to the company was a pleasure.

Pros

High quality in house catering. Good people to work with.

Cons

Good benefits, but little career advancement

Good culture but a huge amount of change going on at the moment which makes for a very busy place to work. It is a very flat structure and there is little career advancement that takes place and stress levels high.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Little career advancement

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Schroders Investment Management?

Promotes from within

A fantastic blue chip Investment Management firm in London. Promotes talent management and growth from within. A fast paced and brilliantly commercial company that really cares about and takes care of it's staff.

Pros

Subsidised canteen

Cons

Sometimes long hours

Fantastic and highly professional

I thoroughly enjoyed worked for Schroders - it was the highlight of my working career. I learnt a lot about business, finance, targets, professionalism, team work, recruitment, report writing, amongst a lot more - a superb experience. Management were fantastic, looked after and listened to staff. Rewarded great performance with financial bonuses. Great team building events.

Pros

Highly professional

Cons

London commute

Productive and Learning environment

A typical day would be a 7 am start and a 19:00 pm finish. Because I cover so many duties in my portfolio, I have acquired an unique set of skills and completed various courses that the company has provided for. The hardest part of the job is the long hours and it is very challenging to work in a male dominant environment as an only women.The salary is also not very lucrative for the amount of duties that I perform. I quite enjoy the Reception part of my job as I cover 3 different buildings and Schroders also caters for other companies that are tenant in one of the buildings the company occupies,duties includes;managing all in and outgoing mail and couriers, client bookings, email management and facility requests.Meet and greet of clients and office administrative duties.

Pros

Good benefit system

Cons

Long hours, I want to do reception work exculsively

Good learning and growing opportunity

Great experience and good exposure to business. Good environment over all.

Pros

Good exposure to Finance business and knowledge

Cons

lack of opportunity to move within the organisation

Undergoing change

Change initiatives are reshaping the culture and work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schroders Investment Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement