Schuh Limited
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Schuh Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom485 reviews

Best retail company to work for.

Featured review

Schuh Limited selected this as a representative review
A retail company that actually cares about its staff. Fast paced and target focused environment. Targets can be high but are more realistic compared to other footwear retailers. Lots of benefits from discounts to commission. Great training and a great place to progress within. Put in hard work and you do see the benifits.

Easy interview process, good hours and good place to work. People and management were nice, flexible working, good rate of pay. I was only there for a temp position

Insights into Schuh Limited

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Fast paced workplace

Co-workers were really nice and welcoming, the store was a very fast paced environment and sometimes targets are unrealistic which leaves you feeling a bit underwhelmed. The pay is also okay, but not the best for the amount of work you have to do.

Fun place to work, can be stressful though

-Fast paced-Stressful-Good first job-Friendly staff-Easy to pick up-Ask a lot of you-Supportive management-Management on the shop floor with youOverall a pleasant experience!

Pros

Shorter shifts

Cons

Management can be rude

Great first job

Great experience, was my first proper job and I’ve enjoyed it so much, improved my confidence so much! You meet lots of different people and it’s a great company with great morale.

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

Sometimes not many hours

fun

it was okay you could put availability down whenever but the managers are quite awkward and they don’t really help much the new starters, the coworkers were fun tho.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Managers

Fun place to work

I think schuh is a great place to start working, it gives a great time schedule you can work with, contracted hours are low but you get a lot of overtime. The managers are great, lots of help and really nice with good energy. Staff team is great, a lot of fun and always have inside jokes. Working there is quite easy but fast paced.

Pros

Staff team is great

Cons

Not many hours

not paid enough for what is expected from you

You are expected to eat, sleep and breathe schuh.if you are in a trainee position you are expected to do a lot of work in your own time aswell as working 40 hours a week.Don't get paid for tea breaks even if you can't take them. good opportunities for advancement.good support system

Pros

good oppertunities, always help available if needed

Cons

long hours, high expectations

The pay was good when I started in 2017

It was ok I started when I was 16/17 in 2017 and the pay was good the managers was okay the work load was balanced my colleagues was nice and friendly and helped when I was struggling

Fun but stressful

I loved working within my team however the job can be stressful in regards to having to hit targets. It really depends on your store management team to how enjoyable you will find the job.

Pros

Fun work environment

Cons

Rude customers

Fun workplace but not right for me

Having worked at schuh for a few months, I would always be working Saturdays as my contracted day, however shifts are short as it was a 4 hour contract per week. While they are flexible for hours, it’s very difficult to pick up extra shifts when you need them. Managers keep you active and help you get sales if you do struggle and give good advice. For me I don’t think schuh is the right place as I struggle to keep up with the high demand especially with physical issues like back and knee pain but it is a good job considering the hours I do. Expect to carry lots of shoe boxes that can be quite heavy. I do like the stockroom aspect of the company but the job is very quick paced and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. I do sometimes dread coming to work and struggle to talk to managers about holidays and to talk with colleagues about changing or swapping shifts. If you have a talkative and extroverted personality schuh is a great place to be for work.

Relaxed & enjoyable environment but low pay & only 4 hours a week!!!

I love working at schuh, the staff are great and management is amazing BUT the pay is low compared to other jobs and I am contracted to 4 hours but was told I would get more with my flexibility but I still only get shifted 4 hours a week (which is their max contract for a sales advisor) and its extremely not realistic to live off £30 a week especially in the cost of living crisis as this only pays for my petrol!!! I love the team but am disappointed with the shifting and am unfortunately looking for another job. Will miss schuh.

Pros

Breaks, enjoyable & fun team

Cons

Short hours & low pay

Good first job

Schuh is an amazing company to work for, your always on the go, never not busy, there’s always something to be doing; like serving customers, putting away deadstock, and then cashing up at the end of the night, I’d recommend schuh to younger job seekers that are looking for a part time job that can open so many options to put on your cv for the future, like introducing your roles that you were involved in, schuh opens so many opportunities for people, for example they can give you a better contract that includes more hours which is better because you get more money.The wage £8.60 an hour was fantastic for me as a first job but I only worked very little hours so I didn’t get paid much at all, make sure you are flexible and reliable and good with time management and most importantly available, to work because the managers will ask for people to work during the day at random times between 9-5 and then on the Sunday 8-4.

busy during school time

Were accommodating to Rota requests etc. Training was also good. I worked during back-to-school and they expected a lot from you despite very little pay.

Pros

Good training

Cons

pay

Will miss working here!

Having worked in hospitality previously, I was so lucky to have gotten a job in retail at Schuh. Genuinely the first workplace that hasn’t completely ground me down due to the friendly management, great colleagues and general work culture. Very accepting workplace and even in very busy periods the staff are always there to help each other. Managers do not push targets to the level where they become a hinderance and a strain but are still strong encouraged and they become very achieveable the more you learn. Will miss working here and I recommend to others!

Pros

Staff discount on shoes, central location, good work environment

Cons

5.5 hour shifts in busy periods

It’s okay

Okay for a start up job, targets are very difficult and you feel rushed a lot when it’s busy but nothing to do when it’s quiet. Hardly any hours.

It's schuh. Nothing more to say.

I was there for cash, but it's a cool place if you're into shoes and don't mind annoying customers all the time.

Cons

You'll still be there after your shift is over or they will ask you to stay longer.

Great first job

Love working here as a 16 year old, pay is really good compared to other places and is a really good environment to work in, managers are friendly as well as the customers, it's just generally a great place to work!

Pros

Good hours for students

A lot of great people and memories with schuh

Some fantastic teams around the region and some great opportunities for those wishing to progress. The training is extremely advanced, I’ve actually taken a lot of my customer based and sales experience from the training provided by schuh and it’s made me very successful for someone my age. Team bonding and a good work life balance is all that’s needed to keep a good store running at shoe, as well as the motivation to exceed targets and do well.

Work life balance isn’t the best, neither is pay. Management are good and staff too

The job is okay but the pay is no where near enough. I know people who work multiple jobs as the salary is not enough for the amount of work done, and people leave due to this

Not the best

It’s alright if you’re applying for management, however if you want to be a sales assistant id advise looking elsewhere. Hours are awful, contracts are for 3 hours, which isn’t the best at all. Managers are very cliquey and fake nice, if they don’t like you they won’t put you on for shifts. Awful place to work i wouldn’t recommend

Cons

No Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schuh Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement