Sciensus

Sciensus Employee Reviews

Horrendous

STAY CLEAR! The only thing that keeps you going is your colleagues. Management is horrendous they do not care about your wellbeing after many conversations with HR and management due to illness still did not get the support and help needed. They care more about your STATS than anything else. They focus on how long you are going to the toilet, breaks etc. Repetitive workload with no support from team leaders.

Pros

Colleagues, Lunches

Cons

Management, Repetitive

All work, no life balance

Nowhere near enough time to finish route on time. Suppose to be a 10.5 hour day including 45 min break. You end taking a 15 min break and still finish late with no overtime paid. When you approach management about this they deflect and generally lie to you .You are only told your start time for next day between 8 and 9pm the night before so essentially you are on an unpaid retainer from Monday to Friday as you can't plan anything outside of work during the week.Untrained or unqualified staff in important positions.

Pros

Ongoing online training

Cons

As above

Reactive not proactive. Poor service, terrible company, toxic culture, non existent communication, but patients are great!

If you came into nursing to be a nurse this job is not for you. The patients and nursing side are great but that is where it ends. The patients are the forgotten people in this company. This company is poorly run, does not take feedback on board or learn from mistakes. I used to have faith in the CEO but not now. You try your best for the patient in very difficult circumstances. There are a lot of problems but everything is left for the nurse to explain to the patient, do not expect anyone else to sort it, most clock off at 5. Lower management try but they have no voice. This company do not help the patient have their best day everyday. They are more bothered about their reputation.If you don't like driving this is not the job for you. You will go everywhere. You will do everything. Do not be fooled by the posts for specialised roles for example a chemo nurse. You will be doing a lot of other stuff too which they don't tell you. There is weekend work, which is fine, you expect it as a nurse. The scheduling system does not work. You will wave at your colleague as you pass each other. Driving time is a complete joke. Who gives time as the crow flies? We have to go by road. You will be stressed.If you are not a sycophant but want to progress this is not the job for you. Unfair promotions, a distinct lack of internal promotion or advancement opportunities. If you have an opinion, this is not the job for you. The management do not like feedback, complaints or suggestions. They disregard any experience or skills you may have or could help with. If you stand up for what you believe -

Pros

Patients, Co-workers, rewarding job, company car

Cons

Poor communication, Senior management don't listen to front line workers, not learning from or accepting mistakes, silo working with no one taking responsibility/accountability for their actions, Blame culture, Very long hours, No work life balance.

Too many parcels/not enough hours

can you drive as fast as lewis hamilton (no) then dont applydo you want to keep a clean driving license (yes) then dont applywould you like to see your family (yes) then dont applywould you like to earn less than minimum wage (no) then dont applydo you like to be stressed (no) then dont applywould you like time to eat your dinner (yes) then dont applyYOU HAVE BEEN WARNED FOLKS STAY WELL CLEAR

Pros

Cons

how long have we got

Lack of effective leadership and poor culture

Unfortunately I believe Sciensus lack effective leadership within my current department, focusing on KPIs that have little relevance to the role and focusing on financial incentives rather than quality leadership skills. Holiday cover is very poor and work is expected to be completed before going on leave or on return. High rate of staff turnover and failure to appoint replacement staff. Compensation is comparatively low for similar roles and progression is slow. People can be offered 'promotions' without a fair interview process which can be demoralising. Highly emotive work due to often dealing with incidents and complaints from seriously ill patients, hard to switch off when not at work. Very rewarding environment when things go well and patients receive life extending treatment however not everyone's work ethic matches the serious nature of the business. Large number of complaints can be frustrating and demoralising.

Pros

Rewarding when things go right

Cons

Poor leadership, communication and culture

A month in and I'm still really enjoying it

Have worked for Sciensus for around a month now and I'm really enjoying it. I went into the office for the first day to meet my manager, some team members, and to collect my kit - since then I have been working from home.My manager is excellent and always available if I need them - the wider management are also supportive. I feel as though I am making a difference, and receive suitable thanks / praise as appropriate.

Pros

Excellent team

Great job but senior leadership take the p@@@

Great team of nurses. Love the company ethos of helping people. Clinical managers try their best to help the patients and staff whilst supporting the business.Shame senior leadership will not allow nurses adequate travel time. They also don’t allow any time for admin - e-learning, visit prep. It’s all well and good to put patients first but you need to look after your staff too!

Pros

Great team. Very patient focused

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from senior leadership

Very tough working for Sciensus

Fast pacedLong hrs driving to and from patients often 150 to 200 miles a dayNo time to eat lunchExcessive admin and online learning (apart from mandatory which is to expected) Very few face to face team meetings

Pros

No pros

Cons

Long hrs / excessive daily mileage, no time for break

Terrible company

All good until after probation period. Lots of support through probation but then it all stops. Lack of support from management. When you take annual leave you have to work double your workload before and after leave to ensure you covered all your appointments as there wasn’t enough nurses to cover your leave. Last minute referrals which had to be filtered into your workload at a days notice often adding over 100 miles to your day. Expected to cover other nurses leave which entailed travelling over 100 miles then doing your own visits too ... very little or no support from line manager

Pros

Cons

Long hours, lots of driving . Zero thanks from management

No idea what shifts you are working the next day till 8pm at night

Delivery driver... You get a text at 8pm saying what time to go in the next day. This is very poor as people need to know so they can plan and have a life to work Balance. Only 3 days of training needing more days Team leaders keep texting you and messing you about The vans are 19 plates but they look like 06 plates don't keep them clean all muddy etc I only worked there for a short while and thought job was so easy for the money you are being paid but... Not knowing what shifts you are doing to 8pm is not that good plus I got told it was 1 week of earlies and 1 week of late shifts and that was a complete lie I did more earlies whilst on agency for them than full time I was doing 3 weeks straight of lates with 1 day here and there of earlies I recommend if you are single and have no kids to work here but if you have kids and a partner then I would stay clear ... They do loads of e-learning stuff but most of it isn't relivent as it's for the nurses not the drivers they just deliver the goods

Pros

Route planned for you etc

Cons

No social life, notification of shift time for next day at 8pm

Relaxed environment to work in

Beautiful team to work with great management. No micro manegement . As long as work is done. Management good at listening to staff and quick at responding to issues.

Pros

Excellent managers

Cons

More driving

Very fast paced role but highly enjoyable if paired with the right team.

Staff is very friendly and always happy to help but the role is more like a production line rather then a pharmacy.Expect to work to an hourly KPI, doing very repetitive work, but other then that the role is very easy.

Pros

Free lunch provided

Cons

Very repetitive

Best Company

Company is good. Give you best experience in the work. Give you best salary.The company is best and i get payment on time . Help there workers and we feel safe there.

Fantastic management, great place to work with brilliant colleagues and interesting work. Flexible working with fantastic training and opportunities to progress

Pros

Free parking, great relaxed atmosphere

Cons

No cons, great place to work

Productive and collaborative work place

A great place to work as its fast paced and collaborative to achieve more. There's always progress being made which is good but not always communicated in a timely fashion. The culture is great as its very supportive and colleagues are helpful.

Pros

Work from Home opportunity

Cons

Management communication

23 November 2020
We’re really pleased to hear that you’re enjoying working here. All the finance team are doing a fantastic job – keep up the great work!

Work

The actual place of work is superb with very friendly supervisors and the staff in general however the real issue lies with synergy who you are actually contracted too as they promise 5 days of work every week but as in my experience their were times when I was only getting 4 days through the week so had to work a Saturday to make the 5 days even though I was willing to work 6 days

Pros

Great staff at depot

Cons

Not getting enough work or routes

Could be better

Not a great company to work for, underpaid with not many company benefits. Management lacked experience and were not professional.Not much room for progression.

Pros

Company Car

Cons

To much driving

16 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We review our pay and rewards on an annual basis and have a number of flexible and enhanced benefits that can be accessed via our central perks portal to offer individuals a choice. We’ve also invested heavily in our leadership development over the last 12 months and with our development programmes, I’m sorry we couldn’t support you in your career development. We do wish you well in your next role.

Destroyed my mental health

As a young worker who left due to the environment being so toxic, please don’t put yourself through this stress. I left within a month of being made permanent as I had to do work that other staff members couldn’t be bothered to do and had to come in early. They didn’t receive any disciplinary or action. And I didn’t receive a thanks. Management intimidated me and made me feel very small. I cried almost every day for 3 weeks as none of the work I did was ever good enough. No praise received and staff aren’t treated fairly. If you go to management about problems and issues, they make excuses for it or even subtly blame you. Teams are nasty about each other and you don’t get much help with new tasks. Management didn’t speak to me for my last week here and ignored me and didn’t even say bye.

Pros

Made a few good friends who understood

16 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time to highlight your experience. We are working hard to learn more about all our colleagues lived experiences, and your insights in respect of our approach are invaluable, may we ask you to reach out to the EDI group. They are a group of colleagues that are reforming and enhancing our approach but cannot do this without your help. Please email EDI@hah.co.uk confidentially where a member of the EDI steering group will be happy to talk with you to understand more.

Still waiting for a job offer

Starting in March 2020 through synergy job agency, first 2 weeks were OK, then hardly any shifts, went and passed job interview and driver assessment, was promised they would give me a full time job, next month, next month I was told, and all along employing men that had started months after me, I feel being female has hindered me greatly while newly recruited men were offered employment, long tiring days, driving upto 400 miles, getting home so late and tired I never had any dinner, was asked to come in at 7.30 am after getting in at 1.00am so not even rested properly, some vans had bald tyres, some routes were hard to keep on schedule due to some locations were impossible to find in rural locations, I would not recommend this job, no home life at all,wages sound great until you reliase that you get get payed £94 for being out for upto 12 hours, horrendous

Pros

Going home

Cons

Long tiring days

16 November 2020
Response: Please can you email recruitment@hah.co.uk to discuss your application for a permanent position. As I am sure you’re aware, we’re keen to transfer our temporary drivers across to permanent employment and we’re keen to look into this asap. Many thanks.

Toxic workplace

My manager is grossly incompetent as are almost all managers I have encountered. Extremely dated working practices and similarly antiquated views on diversity @ inclusion. The rot starts at the very top.

21 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to highlight your experience. We are working hard to learn more about all our colleagues lived experience, and your insights in respect of our approach are invaluable, may we ask you to reach out to the EDI group. We are a group of colleagues and are reforming and enhancing our approach but cannot do this without your help. Please email EDI@hah.co.uk confidentially where a member of the EDI steering group will be happy to talk with you to understand more. Additionally you may wish to join us to help us on the journey ahead. Once again we thank you for your review and hope you will reach out to us. Damien - Head of leadership & inclusion.

Busy focused team work

Enjoyable experience with the team and team leader planning and support offered and training achievable targets, flexibility in shift patterns. Decent place to work

21 August 2020
Thank you. We appreciate the time you’ve taken to write a positive review from your time with us. We are glad that you felt supported and had training to help you to be the best in your role. We wish you all the best in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sciensus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9