Sciensus

Sciensus Employee Reviews

United Kingdom193 reviews

progressionpatientcolleaguetargetdrivingmedicationroutehealthcare

Inclusive and supportive

There’s sometimes a lot of pressure from management to meet targets but overall it’s not a bad place to work. Everybody is friendly and supportive and if you need something, they are approachable.

Over 8 years in role and still smiling

I love working for Sciensus, everything we do, our patients are our top priority. My colleagues are fun to work with and are supportive, knowledgeable and I genuinely enjoy their company. Yes, it is fast paced, but in a good way, we strive to be the best we can be, in delivering good quality care to our patients.

Pros

Great patient and colleagues, encouragement to progress within role.

Insights into Sciensus

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Professional development and time to be a nurse

I've worked for Sciensus for 5.5 years. I started out as a home IV nurse, progressed and trained as a Chemotherapy nurse. I have since progressed on to a SACT Practice Development Nurse. This company actively encourages development. With regards to patient care you have the time to do the job properly, and you are 1:2:1 with your patients. Despite the fact you are a lone worker you always feel part of a team and well supported by managers. I couldn't think of anywhere I'd rather work.

Pros

Development opportunities, 121 patient care, variable days

Cons

hours can sometimes be unpredictable if you have problems during your clinical day

Rewarding

I love the job i do, i am able to give personalised care in the comfort of a patients home. I feel privileged to provide this care in their personal space. Many people who i speak to are unaware of the service the company provides. Patients are unbelievably thankful to have this care provided in their own homes.

Great colleagues. Poor management from top down.

This could be a great place to work if senior managers and so called leaders listened more and did less telling. They dont seem interested in listening to the people who do the actual work and arent interested in considering peoples concerns. Different departments dont talk to one another meaning that theres crisis after crisis and lessons are never learned.

Pros

The people you work with directly.

Cons

Hardly any time to breathe let alone take a break. Poor senior leadership.

No response to application

I applied for a senior position and received an email asking for my CV in a different format. I supplied it and never received a response despite chasing them for 2 months. Very unprofessional, especially since I had been approached to my email address.

I have worked for this company going on 8 years in August. I have had the great opportunity to work within many different departments with our business and have learnt many new skills along the way. I started with the company in 2014 working in the First contact and registration team and later moved into outbound then Onboarding MS patients to working within Nurse Scheduling for our Stelara patients and more recently with our complex patients specializing in Haemo. I love my job it allows me a wonderful platform to serve all across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Island, no two days are the same. If you have a lot of compassion Empathy and love working with some awesome people you will love this job as much as I do!

Avoid!

Worst company I’ve ever worked for. Will defo leave a bad rep on my CV. Managers work as a clique to cover up faults in the business. Lots of data breaches which I am proving to local newspapers. treat staff like absolute sh”t and never reward the hard working. Longest 9 months of my life I will never get back. Would not recommend to anyone to work here as you will not like it. Everyone too bi””y

Good place of Work

I have worked at Sciensus for over 5 years now and have progressed within my role with the chance to progress further.Days can be busy but different. Good Atmosphere and great teams to work along side of.

Pros

competitive pay/bonus

Cons

Different shifts/weekends

I have worked for this company for almost 4 years. I started as an advisor on the phones and have to say it feels more like an office based role than your typical call centre role. Targets are not challenging and easily achievable.Team coaches encourage you to be your best and if you want to progress within the company it is easy to do so.In my current role there is lots of varied work which keeps you interested and doesn't feel like your completing the same mundane tasks every day.Pay is fair for the type of work with regular bonus and pay reviews.Overall a very good place to work.

Employee Engagement & Progression is Amazing

A very busy environment with the opportunity to thrive in the workplace. Progression is available and a positive and motivating job role. Staff and Management are supportive.

Pros

Great people, Good values

Cons

Hours can be antisocial but also attentive to needs of employees

A pleasant and interesting place to work.

I have been with the company for just over 4 years now and have recommended to multiple friends and family to apply for roles of which they have done and are still here today.It's an incredibly pleasant and fun place to work, with many kind and helpful people that you would soon be calling friends.this isn't a job it's a career.

Love My Job

I have worked for Sciensus for eight months, and, despite my initial reservations about accepting the job (having read the horrendous reviews) I can't say how happy I am that I ignored them. The job is rewarding you're learning everyday and colleagues are very supportive. The team coaches are very approachable and will always help when needed. You get rewarded for your hard work and you feel appreciated for your efforts. There is great team spirit amongst staff and a great working atmosphere. It is, I have found, a very welcoming and friendly environment and you get treated well. There is a lot to learn, and at the start it can be daunting but it is well worth the perseverance. You are dealing with patients on a daily basis via the telephone, it can be challenging but there's no better feeling than knowing you've helped a patient. My experience so far of management is that they listen, they take on board the feedback they receive from regular meetings and are very pro active in addressing matters raised. You get treated well. The office has a lovely, welcoming, friendly feel to it and is a lovely environment to be in both aesthetically and atmospherically. People you meet are friendly and will happily chat to you. There is a lovely canteen on site, and there are drinks stations located in the office providing free tea and coffee. The company offers quite a lot of flexibility and you are able to work from home sometimes if you want/need to. There is also free parking on site. I was a little sceptical about the shifts and weekend working when I first joined the company, but -

Pros

Colleagues, Office, Canteen, Free Parking, Free Tea & Coffee, Support, appreciation

Cons

Off the top of my head I can't really think of any....I will update if that changes

Excellent place to work

Fantastic place to work, especially within CPS. Fast paced and making a real difference to our patients. Great opportunities for development & always looking to promote within. Pay & holiday really good and a great atmosphere with CPS staff and leaders!

Pros

Pay/Holiday/Progression

Challenging but Rewarding

I’ve worked for Sciensus for nearly 3 years. Excellent to help you develop your skills within the business and have the opportunity to flourish. Some days can be challenging but this what makes this job interesting but once the day is done you are praised and encouraged. The overtime rate is a brilliant incentive (when available). We have had some challenges and some changes along the way but overall, it has been a good experience.

Not a bad place of work

Can get quite stressful at times meeting the targets set. However, the team have made the job enjoyable. I would not recommend this as a work place for anyone looking to join simply because of its stress and lack of good management. Seriously think before you apply.

Pros

Work from home option. Team culture

Cons

Poor management. Stressful environment

Enjoy my job

Enjoy my job but don’t feel valued as a member of staff. Lots of short term contracts and managers tend to ignore you. The company as a whole appears caring , enjoy speaking to patients to making a difference

Opportunities to grow into interesting areas

Sciensus have really supported me from entering the business as a Pharmacist then developing into Management before becoming the Chief Pharmacist for over 6 years. I then have been given the opportunity to expand my career further by building new businesses in Clinical Trials and Aseptics. I highly recommend Sciensus and they are also supporting my MBA.

Good Pay and Colleagues but very unsociable hours

The colleagues here are really nice and you meet some good people. However when i first started you do get the impression that Managers are overstretched and don't have the time for colleagues who need extra support. Pay is very reasonable however it is not uncommon for their to be mistakes made by the accounting and payment team. The hours are also quite unsociable (5 days a week 8:30am-5pm) as well as at least one weekend a month. I would say that in terms of what hitting targets management is not overly strict, which is good especially for people new to a call centre setting. However job progression appears to be non existent. I would recommend working here in the short term or part time, but not as a long term Career

A very rewarding job with lots of opportunity for development and learning.

I haver been working for Sciensus for 5 months now. A typical day is usually very fast pace. However, the focus being on accuracy rather than speed, but the whole team are drawn to get all of the pharmaceutical products to its customers on time. The management at Sciensus are all very approachable and friendly and highly knowledgeable in their field.

Pros

Hold a ''Blue light Discount Card', Opportunities to work overtime, Fast pace and the time flies

Cons

Most of the working day is spent on your feet.

Extremely poor management

Everyweek there is a change in process which is no training is provided for. Complaint after complaint from patients. Managers refuse to speak to any patient even when patients want reassuring. Pharmacy side is appalling - huge backlogs. Can’t get hold of any pharmacist or team coaches to get work authorised. Very poor managed and extremely incompetent. I believe if it was privately run and not contracted work through NHS this place would not be running. Expected to work 7 days a week. Including weekends. Not able to have a normal routine due to rotation shifts including working weekends and finishing at 8PM.

Pros

Nothing apart from easy to get the job

Cons

Long hours. Working 7 days a week including weekends once a month

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sciensus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Sciensus with

Learn about Sciensus in popular locations

• Sciensus
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?