ScotForce Healthcare

Working at ScotForce Healthcare: Latest ScotForce Healthcare Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews

staffhourcompanyworkofficegreatpayshift

Best move I ever made

I had worked in the same care home in Glasgow for 6 years and wanted to try something new. I thought about doing agency for a bit more varied experience but wasn’t sure it would give me reliable hours and I had a mortgage and a car and didn’t want to put them at risk. When I spoke with the recruitment team they were really lovely and supportive and put me at ease about joining and I have to say it has been the best thing for me joining this company. The services I work with are perfect for me and I have been getting block bookings so great hours and works for my work life balance. Best company I’ve ever worked for, I don’t see myself moving anytime soon.

Pros

Flexible availability

Cons

Wish I had joined sooner

Relaxed and friendly

Scotforce is the best employer I’ve ever worked with in 16 years of care. Everyone from bookings to management genuinely care about you not just as an employee they genuinely do take time to get to know you as a person. Always at the other end of the phone for you nothing is to much trouble for them been with scotforce for over 3 years now and I have never went without work if your looking for a new challenge scotforce is the way to go I’ve never looked back honestly love being a scotforcer

Insights into ScotForce Healthcare

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things

Great agency

Working for scotforce gives me the flexibility to study my nursing degree and still have a good income. I was worried about joining an agency due to the uncertainty about hours or income however in the Yr I've worked here I'm never short of hours. I would say be prepared to travel although they do try place you close to your home town as much as possible.

Excellent employer

I have worked with Scotforce since Jan 2021. The recruitment process was smooth & everyone within the company has been helpful and supportive. There is flexibility built in with the way Scotforce arrange shifts & I have always got the hours I need. Pay is weekly & the rates paid are better than most agencies. I have felt valued & supported by their excellent team. I definitely recommend Scotforce to anyone as a great company to work for.

Interesting and very good communication

I recently joined ScotForce as a care assistant, I have been given all the hours that I have asked for and they have been a very easy company to get in contact with if I ever have any questions and the team of office staff that work the or are very reliable and helpful. I would highly recommend ScotForce as an employer if anyone is looking for a reliable employer.

Brilliant management

The staff and management at Scotforce are brilliant. Always there to get you work and concerned when you're not well. A very well put together work force. Totally professional

Pros

Mileage paid, uniform paid for, double pay holidays

Cons

Health care is always hard work anyway

Great Company

Great company to work for. Flexible work-life balance, good pay, travel expenses, friendly staff.Lots of hours available, mostly booked in advance and consistent.

Pros

Flexible work-life balance, good pay, travel expenses, friendly staff

Cons

Been here a month and loving it!

Really helpful office team, from initial interview to starting work they have been very supportive in making feel welcome and part of the team. Super easy to do my availability and usually have my work the week before which is a big bonus for fitting things around my kids. Just love it! 5/5

Pros

Helpful office team and guaranteed shifts

Cons

Wish I had an app to use but don't mind using the staff portal really

Worst company Ive experienced

Scotforce is the worst company I have came across. Was promised all these hours that they could not provide, my availability was mad available for the prior 3 months and they still couldn't get me shifts that was promised at interview. When challenged they use any excused they may well have said the dog ate all the jobs because it was all pretty pathetic. They double booked me and another person to one job on more than one occasion and refused to pay the one who went home for travel or anything. Training is poor aswel, raised a number of concern to them about the care I had seen nothing was done all that's cared about is the money they can make not the staff, the homes or your residents living there.

Pros

Choose working hours

Cons

Double booked, no help, lack of training, cant give you work offered, poor management

Ronseal of approval... This job does exactly what it says on paper/interview

Absolutely loving my job with Scotforce can honestly say I have never worked for a more reliable helpful encouraging and appreciative company in all my working years! (and there has been many) never short of work without over loading at all and they accommodate you in whatever field if possible, management team are first class not only on work issues in general too. Cannot rate this company any higher. Hope to be a Scotforcer for life!

Pros

Excellent hours and pay. Flexibility, suitable field of work. Excellent office staff. Approachable friendly management teamt

Cons

Absolutely zilch.

avoid

All starts out well with scotforce pretending they are a big family who respect everyone and are understanding, doesnt last long though! Not all but a select few office staff and one manager are nothing but bullys, forcing you into shifts, not allowed to decline a shift even though its agency, treat you with nothing but disrespect and attitude. They phone and wake you up after your nightshifts to get you todo more work and when u say no they get you in bother for it! They advertise as paid holidays but actually the holiday pay is added into your hourly rate so when worked out your pay is very average compared to other agency’s! They advertise wrong pay alsoIf your time sheets arent sent in by a certain time they deduct your mileage after they have sent you on a 100 mile round trip!!!

Pros

Cons

Bad staff, bad attitude, bad management skills, terrible pay

Excellent company to work for.

Excellent company to work for. I've always been given as many shifts per week as I requested so no shortage of work. Great communication at all times and the office staff and manager are always willing to listen and sort out any problems at any time (there's 24 hour on call cover).Great rate of pay which is paid weekly. This company looks after its staff and I'd recommend to anyone considering agency work.

Pros

Weekly pay, weekly emailed rota, good communication

Cons

Have to buy 2nd uniform, long travel distance at times

Best company ever

Worked for newcross before this who were a joke this company has great staff amzing office team and best management they have your back always a phone call away for support and always check up to see how u are ur not a number there ur treated like a meber of family best part of the company its basically a big family amzing

Excellent company

From interview, to day one of working; I have been supported by all the brilliant staff at Scotforce. They always go the extra mile to make sure I get plenty of shifts and I would thoroughly recommend them as an employer.

Great company

From the outset this company has been supportive and honest and has given what they are able to help you settle in. I recently had a bereavement and my ops manager emailed personally to offer support. Also received a tin of shortbread for Christmas. The monies good with as many hours as you can work available. The coordinators are braw. Ag and Sh really go above and beyond.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Not permanent

Great company

I’ve worked here for a little over a month now and they’re great. Had a personal tragedy when I first started and I was offered support and understanding from my direct line manager to the highest level. I work in one place and am treated very well. I feel valued and my experience was passed along before I even arrived at my placement. I feel other agencies could take a leaf from their book to be honest

Great company to work for.

I have been with scotforce for a year now and I really enjoy working for them. All staff are friendly and on hand to help and give advice whenever you need it. I am able to choose my own availability to work around family life and have never been without any shifts. I feel like I'm a valued member of the team and I always feel appreciated.

Pros

Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Flexible hours to work around family life. Good pay.

Cons

None.

RGN with 40yrs experience in various settings at home & abroad.

I've worked for Scotforce Healthcare for the last 18 month. If you want to work in a just culture where you are valued & respected then Scotforce is for you. I'm proud to be a Scotforcer, truly the best nursing agency out there.

Pros

Friendly staff always available for support, help & advice.

Cons

Great company to work for.

I joined Scotforce in November and I am loving it. The staff are lovely and very helpful. I have never been without work and am able to choose my own availability to fit in with my personal life. There is always a human on the end of the phone regardless of time and day which is a bonus. Never have an felt pressure or unappreciated if I decline any extra work.

Pros

Fuel allowance, great team in the office taking care of us, great training before going into the field. Good wages. Flexibility.

Cons

Zero hour contract.

Great company

I have being working with them for 6 months . Got a permanent job through them. Never had any problems at all. Wages are great office staff are always helpful with shifts ect. No problems at all. A company that understands what you are wanting. Balance between family life and work. Which is rare.

Pros

Great company great pay

Amazing company

I have worked with scotforce for nearly a year now and theu are amazing to work for all office staff work extremely hard to support and accomodate their staff i love working for them by far the best company i have worked for.

Pros

Great salary, amazing staff, friendly work enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ScotForce Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare ScotForce Healthcare with

Learn about ScotForce Healthcare in popular locations

• ScotForce Healthcare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?