Scottish Autism

United Kingdom2 reviews

2.1Job security & advancement

userautismrotaorganisationbullysupporttextservice

No smoking policy

Currently I am a manager with Scottish Autism and frankly I have had enough now, new NO SMOKING policy being implemented as from 01/06/20. So if you smoke like me then it will not be possible "AT ALL" to smoke whilst you work your hours from Scottish Autism. Under no circumstances can you smoke or instruments to help with stopping smoking if you are on shift whilst working for SA. Staff do not get paid breaks so staff have to work ridiculous hours without a break or a cigarette. Good Luck with that one SA !!!!!

Challenging but rewarding

I have worked for SA for approx. 15 years first as AP before progressing to SAP.Over that time the number of services and the geographic reach of our services has vastly increased. Unfortunately, as is the case in most social care settings, it takes time to get new staff started in the services due to background checks, training, induction period etc. Many individuals that apply for jobs within Social Care are students at the nearby university; this means that often staff only stay with SA until they have gained qualifications and leave for a job in the field they have been studying for. As with most Social Care settings we are often short staffed; which in turn puts more pressure on staff and management to cover extra shifts/services, COVID has contributed to this also.The individuals we work with are the reason we do this job, to see an individual progress over time and achieve goals they have set is incredibly rewarding and humbling although the journey to achieving that goal can be difficult for the individual and their supporting staff.The hours can be long and we can't work Monday-Friday only because we are supporting individuals requiring 24 hour support 7 days a week. However master rotas are usually out in advance so staff should know when their days off are. There is a generous holiday allowance which also increases once you have worked with the company for 5 years, so if you know you need a specific day off you can book it in advance.You do have to genuinely enjoy helping people to enjoy this job. When I have had queries or concerns regarding any aspect of services -

Pros

Good staff rewards programme, job security, rewarding career, supportive colleagues and management, inclusive employer

Cons

Variable rota, staff turnover

Insights into Scottish Autism

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scottish Autism. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement