ScS

ScS Employee Reviews

They tell you no pressure but always on at you about first visit fixes. Its not about the customer or product but about making money. Too many jobs and not enough time
Pros
Company van, wages
Cons
Everything else
Can be fast paced when something needs doing but then levels out and more relaxed.Working as a painter and decorator for the various stores.Some travel involved but not too bad.
Pros
Staff discount.managers reasonable.
Cons
Some travel
Enjoyed working for S.C.S. Everyday was a different experience. Good work life balance. Good Holidays and a great pension scheme. Management are not bad. Over haul not a bad place to work.👍👍👍👍
Pros
Good staff discounts
Cons
12 hour shifts + weekend work
Having started working for SCS in Feb 2020, I felt my job may have been unsecure however, after a chat with HR it was made apparent that they were not going to sack anyone due to the pandemic and look after everyone the same and the did just that!The only downfall is the way a few managers speak to you. I'm sure this is the same in most places but it shouldn't be like that.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
Long hours. Unpaid morning meetings
No work life balance I worked for them for a while, very old school mentality jobs for the boys if you face fits etc. I was a high performing staff member and earned good money. If you are young and single good place to cut your teeth in sales.
Pros
High earnings potential
Cons
No work life balance very old school management style
Kept busy most of the time good rate of pay daily pay. Never got complaints off management they were always helpful to get jobs done in time and to high standard.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Joined ScS as a greeter in September, and have really enjoyed my time with the company so far. They really look after their employees especially through the pandemic were most companies paid 80% wages scs paid 100% for the furlough scheme.
Pros
1hr lunch, good management
Cons
Days can be long especially when quiet
Enjoyed my time with scs. Allowed you to progress your career if thats what you wanted. Friendly team and management always willing to go thr extra mile
Stressful workplace we are told to blatantly lie to customers all the time. Their Sofas are very poorly made and the Carpets. On a daily basis I had to lie to customers who was getting very stressed on a couple of occasions police was called to aggressive customers who had lost all respect from ScS. I had to deal with many angry people on the phone and in store.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hour told to lie to customers
I go to work and try to enjoy it but there's a lot of pressure with the amount of deliveries we have to do.iv worked for scs for seventeen years on minimum wage all that time without a great deal of respect
Pros
Long weekend every three weeks
Cons
Having to do two runs after we've already done a wagon full
Was on agency but regular drivers all said the same - Load the lorry full of large heavy furniture - sometimes on your own while everyone watches and taking the Micky while you really struggle - customers nearly always complain with the quality of the things you have delivered and sometimes you have to deliver in very tight drives or streets with cars parked all around while the drivers mate (if a bad one) shouts at you for making wrong turns or not being fast enough for them while smoking like a chimney and chucking rubbish out the window and then once back at yard bad mouths you to all the staff behind your back . When there is less work it’s horribly boring and you are stuck sweeping up etc in an unheated cold warehouse while the boss (who is horrendously rude constantly for some reason ) has a lovely warm office with electric heaters . Don’t be fooled by 4 days off this only happens once every 3 weeks and other time off is only a day in total . No finishing early if you have worked hard and completed the work - everyone waits until late or even Sometimes are sent out again with extra work .To sum up this job only suits the low end of society that can’t do anything else or have no brain power to progress to a better job or to get their class 2 license for career progression .Don’t say you have not been warned .
Pros
Going home eventually
Cons
Health and safety- no social life - always exhausted
I worked with the scs group for some years,I moved up the ranks and helped with opening up new store.Great place to work,but the hours no longer suited my family live and this was the only reason I left
Pros
Good rates of pay
Cons
Hours every weekend every bank holiday and no time at christmas
scs Suck At making sofas, I got a sofa bed & insurance for about £2,000, The top off the sofa keep coming off & the 10 year insurance it worthless, The only part scs is A Specialist in lying, I hop scs go bust & out go out of business so they do not rip any one else off.
Pros
0 Pros
Cons
the company is A CON, That make cheap over priced sofa
DO NOT APPLY FOR A JOB AT ScS. The managment are twisted and will always change your shifts to work longer because they want to go home early. 9/10 times if your on an early finish forget it, the managment will also try and take away your deals or sales for themselves and find 'problems' with the sale to enfore their actions of transferring it to their code. Managment speak to you like trash and show no respect as a person not only condescending but also rude and insulting. I wanted to try something new but I wouldn't ever think about working for this company again.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, managment, no work life balance, no respect, treat like a work horse
Good promotion prospects I was promoted 3 times finally to senior sales manager very competitive sales floor you need to be hungry for sales but every time you closed a sale the feeling was great
Pros
Worked Locally
Cons
Holiday pay
To top heavy, few management are stealing a wage. Sit in office all day and want everyone to to pick up their job! Guys you work with are amazing and the job itself it easy. Hours and pay could be better, it’s all about money with the company.
Pros
Guys you work with
Cons
Badly run
As above,, I was told that after 3 weeks that I was still in the Premier league table for warranty sales and reduced finance etc, this was due to how high my sales were compared to other staff in the North West,, but got rid of me because I had only been there 6 months and not hit my target, but no one else had, last in 1st out,, rredic
Pros
Good team, friendly
Cons
Target driven, when can't be reached that doesn't matter.
An evil, filthy rotten company! The management is corrupt from the top downwards! There is a Regional Manager deserving very special attention. He is one who visits stores in the East and West Midlands; this person is a snake, a cockroach, par excellence! One would have to delve into a Stephen King novel to find a more heinous, immoral and sinister character than this disgrace of a homo sapiens. His lack of integrity, deviousness, selfishness, crookedness and dishonesty have no bounds. He hides behind the corrupt, debased smugness of the diabolical structure which is ScS. He is actually the face of ScS; a true representation of an organisation that has no soul, vile and despicable in the extreme! Branch managers talk to you like you are dog dirt and they assume they are superior beings, infallible and all-knowing! They have favourites to whom they give special customer orders. That salesperson has to fulfil tasks for the Branch manager and sales manager by doing their tasks for them from time to time. These favoured salespersons become untouchable, despite receiving poor Trustpilot reviews for incredibly poor and disgusting service to customers in-store. They are given time off and can choose what dates to have off for holidays; other salespersons are restricted to what days they are told to have off! This company has devious ways of trying to manipulate customers with so-called money-off vouchers, window posters and 'reduced' prices on the items they sell, and in their TV, and radio advertisements. The following are only a few excerpts from just one northern newspaper, - more...
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
It is is disaster area. An awful place of miscreants and sociopaths
Good job quite hard at times but rewarding. Can be difficult with traffic to get around especially in Manchester. Overall a good company let down by sale people who tell customers that everything fits in.
Pros
wages
Cons
Saturday
Avoid with your life!!!!! Too many chiefs & not enough Indians!!!! Face doesn’t fit then you won’t last long ...... lazy irresponsible managers who are related to higher management ..... many years age difference might I say !!! Keep looking for a better job !!!!!
Pros
Cons
Nonexistent
Great team and fun place to work KPI Driven like any other sales job. Like in other sectors if you do your fair share the business will love you great company.
Pros
Team effort decent pay
Cons
Work weekends
  1. Employee reviews