Search Consultancy

Search Consultancy Employee Reviews

I have been on the books for months, I have had 5 shifts and still waiting for a review on what I was paid? They send out shifts via whatsap, but I could not message back on there system. The pay was ok, but not the best.
Pros
Cons
too many miles travelling, and the raffle well ill not comment.
The lads at search got me job and constantly kept me in work. They went out of there way to make sure I kept employment. And the rate of pay was fair. Would use again.
I have only had one job through search as i just started with them but was very understanding on why i had left my job they try to get u work the girls are very nice to speak to and help u with anything they can😀
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
They only care about money if you work for them in anyway it’s all two faced they say they care an support you do not believe this your not even a number your a nobody worst agency ever
Pros
Cons
Don’t go there
Very unprofessional and shady, paying less than agreed or just won't pay you your hours. They will ignore most of your phone calls and emails and didn't bother to get back to you. Quite disappointing.
Cons
Day after manchester bombing, I was took into a meeting to be warned for being late into work, absolutely ridiculous. The sales training was awful and so realistic, having to stand up and sell a pen infront of people on the spot, then made to try learn a MASSIVE script word by word. I was told by management after making sales that because I couldn’t do the script, recruitment might not be for me. I lost confidence but didn’t give up, left the company and started another recruitment role which i was the top sales person. Scripted sales is not the way to achieve! I would never know want to go through all that again for low pay, way to stressful for long hours and £18k!
Pros
My manager was lovely until she went off sick and was managed by a ridiculous manager
Cons
Long hours, confidence dropping sales training, strict management and no job security
If I can some up this agency, it will be Full on useless c**ts ......... False promises and lies .... The guy who sorterd the Parcel Job at DPD is a right lying c**t Don't sign up here ...
Pros
Liars
Cons
Liars
I have worked with the dunfermline office on off for about 10 years as a labourer and they always try and keep you in work if they can I would recommend them
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Pay
Have been at search over a year and don't have one complaint. Management are great and all office staff are very approachable and understanding. Very good at finding work for me always pay my wages on time. Will be with search for the long term.
Pros
Work life balance, office staff approachable and friendly, always paid wages on time
Cons
Shambles. Lies. Where careers go to die. Avoid. You’re a number who has to do nothing other than hit numbers, you’ll be told it’s about relations but it’s not. This is a total shambles of a business. They’ll make up dates and figures and pass it off as fact. Acted with utter disdain to too many people during the pandemic, what’s left is just toxic.
Pros
Finish time
Cons
The next day
When I accepted this job it was because I was told it would be emails and 30 hours per week with 2 weeks in house training then home working for Tesco. Turned out it was none of that. It was phone calls and a 40 hour week but only paid for 35 hours as they don't pay for breaks and after 2 weeks there was 2 weeks more training which didn't work for me. Tesco also cut corners during training and teach you things you won't be doing just to confuse you. Search also asked for all my work and personal documents about 10 times including to send via email to several people, which doesn't seem safe at all and they still managed to get my NI number wrong on my wage slip. No room for flexibility. Just a number on a conveyor belt because tesco can't keep their staff they use these guys. Temp 3 month contract so prob never get the £9+ an hour thats advertised either. Avoid
Pros
Instant work as they will literally hire anyone
Cons
Lied to constantly. Breaks arent paid.
Be careful when taking a role from search consultancy I have been placed with them before and after my first pay did I realise it was less than advertised. I have recently used them again search for another job. And again they offered less money than what they had advertised for the role on their website.Be careful.
Pros
Lots of job opportunities
Cons
Lies
Still haven’t been paid from two weeks ago. Only had hours sent today. Office blaming payroll. But as per payroll saying only received hours today.. worked agency b4. Search stopped me getting work through mutual friend. Search send guys what didn’t last a day. Sent more guys what didn’t last. Stil won’t send me. Had a word with someone on site. Search told them I’m no good despite the work they do is my bread and butter.. spoke with manager. About as much use as a chocolate fire guard
Pros
Good money if you get what you were told and emailed.
Cons
Not getting paid on time. Not first time.
Waste of time applying for jobs that you match 100% and you are unsuccessful at securing even an interview. Very strange!! It seems they have there own ideas about who to give the positions to. No wonder so many people choose NOT to work these days!!
Friendly staff, positive attitude, reliable, in touch with their employees all the time, good pay, great working environment. One of the best recruitment agencies I’ve come across.
Pros
Reliable
Cons
Complaints not handled correctly for a start. Just want people in and out for money. Under paid majorly. Discriminated by 2 members of search staff and The “director” after me emailing them about a matter stopped contact after i mentioned discrimination . If you want treated poorly then search is for you .
Would not recommend a job through these bandits, you're just told what you want to hear. Absolute no support for anyone with mental health, simply just don't care. If i could give no stars I would.
Don’t work for this company. They will have you turn up to shifts that have been cancelled and don’t have the decency to tell you. YOU WILL BE UNDERPAID AND IGNORED WHEN QUESTIONED. Rude managers, very unorganised
Pros
Easy to get shifts sometimes
Cons
Get paid incorrectly. Shifts cancelled half the time. Bad wage
Working at selected businesses does vary and have limitations in what you can do, so every day it is not a typical day. You get flexibility in how much you want to work. You don't get constant hours if you already have another permanent job, unfortunately! The recruitment advisors are good at keeping you informed and checking what you can do.
An ok company to work for, typically have to work 6 days if you can to earn enough.And work can be 1 or 2 shifts one week to 7 shifts another week. There are better agencies out there
Good work, good money, not enough shifts work is very difficult to get. It took around 3 months after an interview to get my first shift and once the coronavirus got bad i haven’t had a shift in over a month.
  1. Employee reviews