Search Consultancy
Happiness score is 71 out of 100

Search Consultancy Employee Reviews

United Kingdom339 reviews

Productive busy place to work

Left to your own devices targets to hit daily supportive management coaches other team members are happy to help out with work load when needed can be repetitive

Aviod

Waste of time avoid . leave agency as no work . Get job at company was at and they block you under 13 week rule . They don’t own you and it shouldn’t be anything to do with them

Cons

Typical agency

Insights into Search Consultancy

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Work hours are flexible and you meet some great people

I’ve enjoyed working for Search and find them to be good employers. Tesco are flexible and I’ve got a good home/work balance. Home based but can work in the office too

Pros

Home based working

Cons

Weekly pay

Good if you want flexibility as a support worker

I changed to becoming a SW as I needed to travel often and needed flexibility. The shifts are posted via a business whatsapp and u have to be quick in your responses to get shift. If u need a great deal of flexibility this agency (in their healthcare division) is right. They don’t stress or call u if u haven’t taken shifts on for some time. If you are a good SW and get good Feedback from customer, they will continue to put u forward to the client. If u work well as a SW u can build good relationship with them. Weekly pay & always on time. Also good when short of money. If u like agency work and want more of your freedom, this is good. But there will not be any other benefits such as working somewhere perm. You are a on your own. For traveling & flexibility is good. They got lots of shifts all over Manchester. Good if u drive

Pros

Flexibility. Weekly pay. Lots of shifts. U can be alway registered with them, good when in need of some quick income

Cons

Sometimes don’t give enough info on the healthcare provider when taking on new shifts.

I gave them an over all rating of 3 in terms of fairness and a bit of transparency when shifts come in but in terms of salary they fair poorly .

I was surprised that what they put on their website before applying for the job as salary was not what I was paid when I started working for them . The pay is not encouraging and they should not put a false pay range on their website.

Pros

Long hours shifts available

Cons

Poor pay.

Good

In my experience Search have always looked after the staff when it come to work back up and amount of work. Were excellent in driving the government on furlough for agency workers during the first lockdown. Wages though have to go up, I believe but not sure, that wages are capped with certain companies for a year. It was time to go back to them after the first and second lock down with a realistic plan of attack, where jobs for head chef and chef managers were and are still around 11-11.50 per hour range. With CDPs commanding £17-18-19 due to a, not local or national but a world wide chef shortage. Chefs have been paid way below what they are, in my opinion, worthy of. In this industry most people stay because they love it. But agency pay parity has to be brought into line with national rates at this time.

Pros

Great back up system, and generally good people, company

Cons

Wages need to be addressed with demand

Good amount of shifts offered

I'm happy working as an agency carer for Search. They have plenty of shifts on offer and there is good communication with the consultants. They communicate their available shifts every day on WhatsApp.

Pros

Shifts available every week

Super good

Very good agency and helpfull. Was pleasure to work there even short time. Plus they arensending a lot offers for work. Everywhere. So if u looking for a job. This is good place to be.

Fast and slow paced

Had no issues at all really enjoyed working along side ad baker and working for search best company so far to work for in the cscs labouring game hopefully continue to work for search in the future

Pros

Working

Cons

Not working

Busy and a fun place to work

It's a busy workplace but it is easy work everyone is kind and helps if your stuck It's an amazing place to work your always busy so your not just standing about doing nothing there's always something to do

Pros

3 breaks, easy work, fun

Cons

Long hours, not enough money

Good job

It has been a good job but I wish it was for longer than 4 to 6 weeks also it has been a great learning experience and worth while working at the job site

Pros

Help

Travel is a pain, but hopefully search can relocate.

This is my first agency, overall it’s fine.working on site other agencies are pay a bit more doing the same job?Would stick with this agency as they seem professional.

Pros

Cons

Travel is a nightmare. Also no parking!!

An excellent company to work for, great career development/experience.

I have worked with Search for a few months now. Such a great company to work for and I am proud to be representing them. I have regular shifts, pay weekly and a team I know I can rely on. Would 100% recommend to anyone looking for work/experience that will develop their career further as well as giving you the benefit of no commitment to shifts as you choose when you work, effectively your own boss.

Pros

Regular shifts, competitive pay

Cons

Not being guaranteed shifts

Good agency

I have had a very positive experience with Search. Staff are super friendly and positive, proactive in their efforts and communicate well. There’s also no fee for getting your wages unlike many agencies. I would recommend them, I’ve had an excellent experience in getting labouring work from them.

Good at finding a good fit

Site labourer job with a national house builder.It is ok but probably short term.I have an open mind about this type of employment.It is fairly straightforward and uncomplicated most of the time.

Pros

It’s near to home so no long commute.

Cons

None really

Good company

The company is amazing, I’ve loved working within them and I’m happy with the job they put me with. It’s good hours, wages and very close to my home.

Pros

No deductions of breaks

Fantastic place

I have worked for search for just over 1 week now, and have to say it is one of the best jobs I've ever had the pleasure of having. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Yes it is fast paced and can be stressful at times, but you always have support on your side, but other days it can be so much fun. My first week at work I made many new friends that I hope to keep in touch with throughout my lifetime.

Pros

Friendly staff, fast acting consultants, job satisfaction

A lovely company. The interview was cool. They stood by their words

I will strongly recommend search for a friend. They were so helpful through out my application process. And the recruitment team are honest . I enjoyed every part of the recruitment process.

Pros

Very good

Cons

Reasonable hour

Plenty of work

It is quite a while since I worked for Search. I found the Company as a whole friendly and welcoming. However, often felt pressured in to taking shifts further away from home , when I had made it quite clear where and when I wanted to work. In all fairness, I needed the money and took on everything offered. Annual leave was paid, hourly rates, though not great were better than most of the Agency's where I live, in Crawley, West Sussex. On reflection, I would say as a short term solution very good. As a full time position not so sure.

Pros

Plenty of shifts on offer

Cons

A lot of pressure to take on shifts outside your agreed hours and distance of travelling

Fun, rewarding nice people

Lovely atmosphere, friendly colleagues and managers. Great working environment down to earth and friendly feeling office environment.Good perks progression, commission if you work in a sales role.

Falsley adverised job

Was told in job description that it was 8-8, 5 days from seven and fully flexible working hours. In reality it's 10 hour shifts 4 on 4 off an not flexible at all. Also in description was that we would have inbound calls. In reality they are outbound calls.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Not the job that was advertised

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Search Consultancy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Search Consultancy with

• Search Consultancy
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?