Search Consultancy

Search Consultancy Pay & benefits reviews

United Kingdom338 reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

Good if you want flexibility as a support worker

I changed to becoming a SW as I needed to travel often and needed flexibility. The shifts are posted via a business whatsapp and u have to be quick in your responses to get shift. If u need a great deal of flexibility this agency (in their healthcare division) is right. They don’t stress or call u if u haven’t taken shifts on for some time. If you are a good SW and get good Feedback from customer, they will continue to put u forward to the client. If u work well as a SW u can build good relationship with them. Weekly pay & always on time. Also good when short of money. If u like agency work and want more of your freedom, this is good. But there will not be any other benefits such as working somewhere perm. You are a on your own. For traveling & flexibility is good. They got lots of shifts all over Manchester. Good if u drive

Pros

Flexibility. Weekly pay. Lots of shifts. U can be alway registered with them, good when in need of some quick income

Cons

Sometimes don’t give enough info on the healthcare provider when taking on new shifts.

Work hours are flexible and you meet some great people

I’ve enjoyed working for Search and find them to be good employers. Tesco are flexible and I’ve got a good home/work balance. Home based but can work in the office too

Pros

Home based working

Cons

Weekly pay

Insights into Search Consultancy

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

I gave them an over all rating of 3 in terms of fairness and a bit of transparency when shifts come in but in terms of salary they fair poorly .

I was surprised that what they put on their website before applying for the job as salary was not what I was paid when I started working for them . The pay is not encouraging and they should not put a false pay range on their website.

Pros

Long hours shifts available

Cons

Poor pay.

Super good

Very good agency and helpfull. Was pleasure to work there even short time. Plus they arensending a lot offers for work. Everywhere. So if u looking for a job. This is good place to be.

Busy and a fun place to work

It's a busy workplace but it is easy work everyone is kind and helps if your stuck It's an amazing place to work your always busy so your not just standing about doing nothing there's always something to do

Pros

3 breaks, easy work, fun

Cons

Long hours, not enough money

Good at finding a good fit

Site labourer job with a national house builder.It is ok but probably short term.I have an open mind about this type of employment.It is fairly straightforward and uncomplicated most of the time.

Pros

It’s near to home so no long commute.

Cons

None really

Good company

The company is amazing, I’ve loved working within them and I’m happy with the job they put me with. It’s good hours, wages and very close to my home.

Pros

No deductions of breaks

Plenty of work

It is quite a while since I worked for Search. I found the Company as a whole friendly and welcoming. However, often felt pressured in to taking shifts further away from home , when I had made it quite clear where and when I wanted to work. In all fairness, I needed the money and took on everything offered. Annual leave was paid, hourly rates, though not great were better than most of the Agency's where I live, in Crawley, West Sussex. On reflection, I would say as a short term solution very good. As a full time position not so sure.

Pros

Plenty of shifts on offer

Cons

A lot of pressure to take on shifts outside your agreed hours and distance of travelling

Really poor communication with employees

Really poor communication, paid my wages a week late and when they did arrive I had been underpaid. So much hassle. Don’t go near this agency. Plenty other ones out there far more beneficial !

Pros

Cons

Under payment and late wages

Ok

OK job but long hours and long time to travel from and back to work and costs 53pound a week and job is good people are friendly and helpful and will help you in any way possible work related

Pros

Work

Cons

Long hours and travel is 1 half hour

Great, easy and straightforward

Good, efficient. Easy process and well explained. I'm in my job position which I've been looking for. Good pay and always on time. Very easy to work with and if any issues the help is always there.

Pros

Good rate pay

Cons

Can not think of anything

Great work environment

Generally, it is a great place to work with opportunities always popping up for the growth and development of soft skills. Could be hectic at times but all jobs do come with some of those and the amount of work done is not commensurate with the salary but I am sure a room for improvement on this.

Pros

Enjoyable

Cons

Mentally draining

Good workplace

A pleasant working environment, friendly colleagues, very good working hours compared to other jobs, quite good pay compared to the effort. The hiring process lasts a day which of course is paid and which also establishes the working hours available in 3 shifts!

Fun at first but gets boring after a while.

It starts off great and there are lots of benefits to keep you engaged and bringing in the money for the business. However, once the novelty of high performer events and the Christmas do wears off you realise its quite a mundane job. Progression is really in title and salary only, and your responsibilities don't change a great deal as you progress. There is little investment in any development. I went on a course in 2012, which everyone had to do, but didn't go through any formal training after this. It took me a few years to realise, but you essentially get given a phone and a login to a desktop pc and then are left to it. The commission is competitive, and there are loads of great people who work there (or did). Can't fault my managers, and some of the leadership of the business whilst I was working there. However, I worked there for 6+ years and its got a very high turnover rate. If you are looking for a starting point in recruitment then it's a good choice. Otherwise, they don't really offer anything different from any other agency.

Pros

decent commission, people are generally quite nice who work there

Cons

nothing major, just dont do much differently.

Good agency to work

Always find you work very quickly when you give your availability. No problems with pay always paid on a Friday. Consultants are very nice to chat to.

Pros

Always have work for you!

Excellent agency

The lads at search got me job and constantly kept me in work. They went out of there way to make sure I kept employment. And the rate of pay was fair. Would use again.

Seems not enough shifts under 45 mile round trip to get there n back home

I have been on the books for months, I have had 5 shifts and still waiting for a review on what I was paid? They send out shifts via whatsap, but I could not message back on there system. The pay was ok, but not the best.

Pros

Cons

too many miles travelling, and the raffle well ill not comment.

Very supportive company

Have been at search over a year and don't have one complaint. Management are great and all office staff are very approachable and understanding. Very good at finding work for me always pay my wages on time. Will be with search for the long term.

Pros

Work life balance, office staff approachable and friendly, always paid wages on time

Awful

Don’t work for this company. They will have you turn up to shifts that have been cancelled and don’t have the decency to tell you. YOU WILL BE UNDERPAID AND IGNORED WHEN QUESTIONED. Rude managers, very unorganised

Pros

Easy to get shifts sometimes

Cons

Get paid incorrectly. Shifts cancelled half the time. Bad wage

Good Work

Good work, good money, not enough shifts work is very difficult to get. It took around 3 months after an interview to get my first shift and once the coronavirus got bad i haven’t had a shift in over a month.

Good

Work for this company during the commonwealth games in Glasgow. I loved this job very physical and long hours but great management, brilliant pay and even won a couple of awards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Search Consultancy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Search Consultancy with

• Search Consultancy
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?