Search Consultancy

Search Consultancy Pay & benefits reviews

A pleasant working environment, friendly colleagues, very good working hours compared to other jobs, quite good pay compared to the effort. The hiring process lasts a day which of course is paid and which also establishes the working hours available in 3 shifts!
It starts off great and there are lots of benefits to keep you engaged and bringing in the money for the business. However, once the novelty of high performer events and the Christmas do wears off you realise its quite a mundane job. Progression is really in title and salary only, and your responsibilities don't change a great deal as you progress. There is little investment in any development. I went on a course in 2012, which everyone had to do, but didn't go through any formal training after this. It took me a few years to realise, but you essentially get given a phone and a login to a desktop pc and then are left to it. The commission is competitive, and there are loads of great people who work there (or did). Can't fault my managers, and some of the leadership of the business whilst I was working there. However, I worked there for 6+ years and its got a very high turnover rate. If you are looking for a starting point in recruitment then it's a good choice. Otherwise, they don't really offer anything different from any other agency.
Pros
decent commission, people are generally quite nice who work there
Cons
nothing major, just dont do much differently.
The lads at search got me job and constantly kept me in work. They went out of there way to make sure I kept employment. And the rate of pay was fair. Would use again.
I have been on the books for months, I have had 5 shifts and still waiting for a review on what I was paid? They send out shifts via whatsap, but I could not message back on there system. The pay was ok, but not the best.
Pros
Cons
too many miles travelling, and the raffle well ill not comment.
Have been at search over a year and don't have one complaint. Management are great and all office staff are very approachable and understanding. Very good at finding work for me always pay my wages on time. Will be with search for the long term.
Pros
Work life balance, office staff approachable and friendly, always paid wages on time
Cons
Don’t work for this company. They will have you turn up to shifts that have been cancelled and don’t have the decency to tell you. YOU WILL BE UNDERPAID AND IGNORED WHEN QUESTIONED. Rude managers, very unorganised
Pros
Easy to get shifts sometimes
Cons
Get paid incorrectly. Shifts cancelled half the time. Bad wage
Good work, good money, not enough shifts work is very difficult to get. It took around 3 months after an interview to get my first shift and once the coronavirus got bad i haven’t had a shift in over a month.
Work for this company during the commonwealth games in Glasgow. I loved this job very physical and long hours but great management, brilliant pay and even won a couple of awards
We shall see. Disgusting service so far, no complaints or customer service department, just a hoard of cold calling telesales staff paid wage minimum wage.
Staff friendly and always shifts available with some lovely care settings available. Some cancellations but this is not down to search itself. It's very flexible at times and pays ok.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Cancellation
Really enjoyed my job role, however due to the environment of the office, the overall vibe of the place was quite negative. No salary incentive, no bonuses.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
office environment, no incentives to stay
After I was working for minimum wage, I had to call every week to get my money right. If you don't struggle to receive what's yours you won't get. Been sacked overnight without a notice and without a reason. I wanted to be part of the company I worked for but I got sacked immediately before the agreement ran out. Thank you.
Pros
The job
Cons
No job security, low wage, no customer service, bad management
I work for search in Alloa. It’s okay, you come in do your work and go home. Unfortunately, they’re pay rate hasn’t gone up in over 10 years which is quite disappointing as it’s now down to the minimum wage. You’re paid weekly with search with is a bonus and it’s always on time. The workplace culture is miserable down here at the glassworks but that’s nothing to do with search.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Do not expect to pay ure bills lucky if u make more than the dole as they clearly have favourits no back up wen services say u made a mistake.wotst part no work comes ure way unless ure in the search click
Pros
Can afford beans on toast .
Cons
Just about
3 May 2019
I'm very sorry to read your review. I'd really appreciate it if you could drop me a note to carole.swan@search.co.uk so I can follow this up with your consultant to see what might have gone wrong.
Worked as an LGV 2 driver for a green and white logistics company in Tullos, Aberdeen. Serious concerns were raised with Search over blatant overloading of vehicles, concealment of Hazardous goods loaded on vehicles where they knew the driver didn't have an ADR license and the last straw was being asked to take out a vehicle with brake and lighting defects that had been defected daily for the same defects every day for the previous week or so. Search does not care about driver welfare or safety and is only concerned about profit, I walked out one morning over the issue with the unroadworthy truck after I was assured a few days previously that all the above problems would get sorted out. I have not been paid for the previous days worked before I walked out and the idiot dealing with the contract who works out of the Inverness office thinks he can get away with it because I'm from Aberdeen, how wrong he is! hahah. Had I reviewed the numerous negative reviews (especially about nonpayment of wages when you leave) about Search that are all over the internet I wouldn't have touched them with a barge pole and if you do get paid don't think for one minute that the rate you signed up for is the rate you will receive. Bank on it being about ÂŁ1 an hour less! AVOID AT ALL COSTS, You have been warned!
Pros
Cons
Dishonest, don't pay you when you leave
3 May 2019
I have worked with this company in the past and they werethe best among those I have worked for.I will still love to work with them if possible. I have worked in different care homes and I have also worked as cleaner in an hospital annex . Their present director was my consultant and He was very good to me and am sure He is still good.
Pros
They pay mileage or transportation to a far distance
Cons
Not getting much hours
Good agency to work with all ways have plenty of work on the go and pay good rates most of the time good bunch of people who provide good opportunities
3 May 2019
Thanks for the great review. You clearly had a great experience and we'd be delighted if you continued to pass that on to friends and family. We love referrals!
They pay minimum rate of pay. Do not give any work. If they booked me for the shift they would cancel within 5 minutes (most likely giving the shift to someone else) Didnt pay me for my last shift at all. Avoid by any cost Waist of time and effort
Pros
Cons
No work, minimum pay, cancelling shift to give work to someone else
16 January 2019
Was good to work,but when got my contract finished for something I never did they then never put you forward for other work even though your Cv is good enough it is as though you no longer exist and aren't good enough
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not interested in helping you
I love search and intend to stay even in permanent employment as I get paid weekly. As I'm qualified in many fields I can get jobs easily and pick where I want to go.
Pros
Weekly pay.varied jobs.pick my shift. Long days or nights.
Cons
No sick pay. No advancements in job.Not getting the same placements.
22 November 2018
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review. Much appreciated.
I have worked satisfactory with search Consultancy since 2017 to current and have been happy with the overall management . They provided awesome benefits to the employees and are very flexible on employee employer relationships.
Pros
Stability