Searcys Employee Reviews

Fun workplace

I met some nice people while working there, however, management wasn't the best and i had lots of issues related to the shifts as i was a college student.

Did not work out for me whatsoever

Everything was fine working there at first, but through time, I came to realise it was not my ideal workplace.It made me feel worthless and depressed. I wasn't treated fairly and the hours were too long for me. I'm just glad I'm not there anymore, I really am. I was doing everything right task-wise, but even though this was the case, 'apparently' I was doing things wrong. It was like I was being picked on for no reason whatsoever.I would definitely never work as any form of chef again after my experience of working there, it was horrible. I would never recommend working here to anyone at all.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor management, was not happy working there at all

Good company to work for and was involved with a great team.Unfortunately I’ve recently been made redundant because of coronavirus so I can’t really say no more.

Smooth job

It's a very friendly and lovely environment with an amazing team. Daily job is so smooth as the team is delivering an amazing service to the customers and not only.

Productive and Enjoyable

Fun teams to work with, typical days could be varied but had lots of fun with events and running the daily business, Learned a lot under the guidance of its management staff.

unorganised

I have only worked at Searcys for a short time and the company is already showing cracks. When i emailed in my application I got a reply reasonably quickly and was told that i had a trial shift that could last 1-5 hours which is not specific at all and that it would be in two days, I was also told that this would be the only trial shift there would be so if i couldn't make it then i couldn't get the job which on some levels is fair enough but two day is unreasonably short notice. At the trial shift there was about ten of us and we were told to just wipe tables and clean tray and in an hour we would be taken for interviews. in fact it was two and a half hours before people started getting interviewed and 3 before i got mine. When i was in the interview i was asked fist thing if i had any questions and i asked what kind of shifts would be available, they replied with well what can you work i said only one day per weekend and no weekday unless it is school holidays. I was then asked to come in the following weekend to start. When i went in the following weekend the main waitress that was on that day didn't know that there was a new starter also she was nit high enough to take me paper work which meant there would be no insurance and they didn't have my bank details so i couldn't be payed. I work that full day none stop and it was incredibly boring and many of the staff would just stand around in the back room not doing anything. We were also only allowed to bring a maximum of five pounds and as the food was expensive plus money for bus fare i couldn't get any food while i was there. -

Pros

kind other staff, young staff so fun when you are a teenager

Cons

unorganised, plain mean mangers, slow at replying to emails, don't listen to your requests, never take down information so they forget.

good place to work but not in the winter time

This job have a very kind costumers but not a very good managers and supervisors , they are so rude and scream alll the time, in rest was very nice place to work in the sprig and sumer time

Pros

just 30 min break

Cons

Fun and verry busy work place

It's nice place to work Verry busy place ,especially in the summer I had much to learn in this place ..e.x( I learned how to make coffees, how to have a very good costumer service etc.) It was a wonderful experience.

Pros

lunch and free coffee

Cons

many hours in summer, few hours in winter

Searcys

Searcys is a big company, with a wide range of teams and team members. The quality varies per location and management team. Overall it is a nice company to work for

Difficult relationship

This work was so hard because there was problem beteween the workers and shut all time. My manager was wonderfull but there is a bad relation created for the chefs.

Inner Temple/ searcys

13 years has gone quick, Good place to work, progress Helpfull office team , Great kitchen team Happy front of staff Professional when needed ! We are only humans after all

Pros

Overtime, bonuses

Fun and rewarding

Working for Searcy's is like working for Family. Team members are always there to help. It is a job wherer you something new everyday about the company and the clients

Pros

Free meals when on shift

Cons

Let employee down in every way at any time

They try to sell the 'sophisticated' company and employer image to external clients but consider their non-managerial employees as replaceable disposable item who are expected to provide quality work.

Pros

Hmm

Cons

patronising hypocrites

Worst place to work ever.

Avoid working at Searcys at Blenheim Palace with a barge pole. Managers are corrupt, lazy and have no concept of a real days work in their entire life. Staff speak to each other like they're something they've trodden in and offer no support to each other. Front of house staff turnover is very high.

Pros

Cons

Poor Management, Unsociable hours, Unprofessional staff

Nice

Fine dining , wedding , celebration, event in general Working as team leader teach you how to move between the position of waiter and the supervisor You have to be able to work under pressure in the pick time and delivery always the best customer service wich you can get

Productive and hard worked

I like working in the kitchen a typical day at work could be arriving at 8.50 with a smile face and greeting everyone with a good morning after that have a look onto my preparation list and check my fridges Then start to make everything is in my list. I am learning how to manage my time in the kitchen and improving my skills. I really enjoy being a part of a team because I am sociable person and I like to help others the hardest part of the job is sometimes to manage my personal and private time because I am willing to do my best all the time and sometimes I realise that even when my shift has finished Im still in the kitchen because I like to get ready on everything for the next day, sometimes I suprise myself working 2 hours more than It has to be but I prefer thing to be right. the most enjoyable part of the job is to be as a part of a team people whom love to cook and as well whom are positive.

Pros

free stuff food

Cons

long hours, double shifts

Searcys

One of the greats things about my time in this company is that it's been varied, which means I've learned a lot over the years and I've had the opportunity to develop in many areas. I've worked on projects in finance, operations, HR, sales & marketing, and health & safety. I started as a departmental assistant years ago, but now manage my own projects and am given a lot of responsibility. The management has always been very supportive and, while a hierarchy obviously exists, it's easy to talk to anyone at any level of the organisation. Equally, my co-workers in head office and at the other venues are a great group of people. The hardest part of the job is that some projects are very time sensitive so can be stressful. However at the same time, I also find this exciting! The best part of the job is that it's always interesting and changing, which means the opportunity for learning and developing never ends.

Pros

Supportive management, friendly co workers, delicious food and drink.

Cons

Not a great deal of opportunity for advancement in certain departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Searcys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement
  • Searcys
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?