Seasalt Cornwall

Seasalt Cornwall Employee Reviews

Really liked my job at Seasalt (most of the time) Some customers were nice and some were NOT! But you have that with all stores. Management was up and down especially with area managers which kept changing. Didn’t always feel appreciated at my store and got put down a lot for not getting customer data. I thought selling the clothes was more important but Seasalt seem to want to post brochures through customer doors more. Don’t think I would work there again.
Pros
Pay (no age gap pay)
Cons
Rather get a postcode than sell clothes
Great team, inspiring and funVisual merchandising and team socials are topTraining is excellent Uniform and discount is aceCohesive company Perfect job
Seasalt’s foundations are rooted in admirable ethics. A family run business that has in expansion managed to keep hold of that family feel. Products to be proud of, makes the job easy, especially with such a fabulous bunch of people to work with. You’ll never have felt as much of a part of a team as here!
Pros
Great clothes. Super people
Cons
Targets can get you down (if you let them)
Seasalt seem to convince their sales advisors that they are working for the best company in the country, so therefore they put in extra time for nothing. There are no bonuses, instead you feel that if you don't jump through hoops you are not trying hard enough. I was not allowed on the till for the first month, so I always felt stupid when I had to serve someone and had to ask for help. There are no breaks, you have to constantly roam the shop tweaking clothes. There was an air of fear about not being the best shop , as it was VERY competitive. And the company cares more about profits than they care to admit.
Pros
nice colleague's
Cons
not caring about the little people
Had a great time working for Seasalt. Company take real care of their workers. Instructions was eassy to follow, break times really well designed. Every single worker knows what they must do and the best part is, when someone has a hard time finding the answer or figuring a problem, you just go and ask managers, they will happily help you.
Pros
2 breaks
Cons
A great environment to work in, the team is like my other family. My position has provided me with a great work/life balance. I love the opportunity to meet new people and I adore some of our regular customers.
Pros
Free Uniform
Cons
I really enjoyed working for Seasalt and have made some life long friends from my time with the company. There's always something interesting to do and managers support and try to help you to the best that they can. Everyone I met and worked alongside was helpful and a joy to work with, no matter the position they held within the company.
Pros
Focused on developing people.
Cons
Pay is lower than most other competitors.
For being such an ethnically driver company they are still the same as every company worried about numbers and money rather than employees welfare. They don’t want to deal with mental health and still have stigma attached to it. There are also certain members allowed to bully openly because of their senior status in buying roles.
It is a relaxed and friendly place to work with a polite clientele and team whom all fully embrace the Seasalt brand. Clean and bright store with lovely and original designs and clothing.
Seasalt is a fun place to work with the bonus of working with beautiful clothes. Most of my day was spent on the shop floor with some time in the stockroom unpacking boxes of new stock. The team I worked with were absolutely lovely.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Seasalt Cornwall?
Seasalt is a lovely company itself. Unfortunately there's not enough hours to work to afford to live on let alone the pay is low especially for a Supervisor role. The team were lovely and very friendly. I had a great laugh with them all as well as getting to know the company. My only negative response is unfortunately down to training. Within the role I felt the training wasn't strong enough for example I had three former managements (Store Manger, Assistant Manager and another Supervisor) training me all in their own ways which I felt wasn't helpful and got very confusing and wrong most of the times. I do feel that they should come up with a buddy up system and be trained on by one management which should be the manager herself then that way they'll see what your progressing or need further training on and also have the ability to progress within your role. Like I mentioned it is a lovely friendly company to work for but it is down to training unfortunately which is what made me really struggle within my progression. It is a shame because I do like this company and the team.
Pros
Good uniform choice
Cons
not enough hours and low pay
Friendly team, if you get the right shift. Very busy, fast paced, problem solving. Answering calls, emails and Livechat. Good benefits and staff discount.
There is a great team at head office. They are very in tune with what's going on. The clothes are stunning and you get free clothes every month. My wardrobe has had a much needed boost. I worked with many managers at Seasalt. On the whole they are good eggs. Customers always comment on how much lovely stuff there is. It's getting more corporate and structured at the moment which means flexibility is key. They have been flexible around childcare. They don't pay a fortune but it's essentially a job in retail. I love it.
Good values, fantastic management- take a real interest in furthering your career (even if just a student, they help you in whatever way they can). Interest in your mental health, decent holidays etc...
Great products and friendly team. Very poor communication between HO and shops. Was hired for a new store, this was delayed so worked elsewhere for a few months and, only when I asked for a update on the new store, was I told it was not going ahead yet and I was made redundant - they’d forgotten I was there, and why hire me if the building was not ready to be furnished?!
A basic day would be running round doing jobs no-one else wanted to do. Being a young woman in a male dominated workplace was very intimidating as there was a lot of verbal assault.
Lovely luxury items beautiful place to work excellent environment very relaxed Super people very friendly love everything about seasalt brand and the beautiful clothes
Lovely place to work that really care about your well being. Good training and the team are close as well as welcoming. Would defiantly recommend if you're interested in retail.
Great for parttime work (i.e as a job alongside studies or a summer job) but perhaps a bit 'too much' as a full-time job; given the location/constant busyness of the shop, the feeling of being overworked is not uncommon. Generous uniform allowance and discount, plus some lovely customers!
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Seasalt. The management was phenomenal and always very accommodating in regards to my study time, it felt like one big family.
My boss didn't know what she was doing half the time and was not at all welcoming, made going into work very difficult. I also had issues when trying to leave.
Pros
Free Uniform
Cons
Not managed well
  1. Employee reviews