SECUR-IT

SECUR-IT Employee Reviews

Not bad

I worked there for 10 years and didn't get work pension. They got rid of me by phone cause there contract was terminated where i worked in camphill..

Pros

No free lunches

Professional

Worked with the company for 2 years now. Never a problem with pay and paid over the living wage and good job progression and promote development in my skills by enrolling me on courses etc. Would recommend

Pros

Award schemes for employees, good pay, supportive management

SecurIt

Great security company that has great skills in management of their security officer. Very respectable company.........................................

Pros

Great hours

No training poor management

Started out pretty good with good management and good hours appreciated then management changed and screwed up more then once with client and so did other staff next Thing hours cut and not knowing what was going on and no training or standard operating procedure book or files case here’s site get on with it and only hear from them when there’s a problem Some of security-it is great but lots need improvement

Good

Good to work for. Good bunch of lads ............ plenty of hours just sometimes late nights which is 5 days A week so if you have young kids no good .

Productive and very understanding and very easy company

I will recommend that this secur-it company is very good very understanding and management team is amazing and I will recommend that you should start working for secur-it, Best of luck,

Pros

Very good communication with staff

Disappointed

manager is a cocky person who tells random people he's the manager, always expects you to cover shifts, we were also promised work after Christmas so I stayed instead of joining mitie, and they would say mitie staff are mad they're losing work to us, all lies now I'm unemployed, don't waste your time

Didn't feel part of a team

Work politics, it was mostly staff I was working with on shift that gave me the bad experience .I have had the same experience in other security roles , didn't feel like a team .

Elite guard

Very professional security company with sites all across the country, higher rate of pay than most other companies and a very good work/ home life balance. Management make you feel like you actually matter.

Pros

Higher rate of pay, professional company, good hours, professional management team.

Cons

None.

A fantastic forward thinking security company

Secur-it is not just a guarding company they offer various security solutions for clients. There is a variety of job opportunities within their business from Elite guards, account managers, administration assistants, installation engineers, cctv controllers, projects managers, sales team, plus many more. A great company to work for offering opportunities to develop oneself within the security industry. Listen to ideas and keen to move with the times introducing new state of the art products to offer a bespoke service to our clients. The negative reviews were a while ago secur-it are going from strength to strength and I am proud to be part of the team.

Pros

competitive salary paid on time

Elite Security Officer

It is very unfortunate that Mitie have pulled out the contract for Sainsburys from Secur-It, as I really enjoyed working with them. Management is upfront, helpful and efficient. Pay is wonderful and paid on time always. Excellent company and well managed.

Don't do it

I would not recommend accepting a job with them, they treat their staff poorly and you can never get hold of management. Zero hours contracts so you just have to hope they can find you some hours.

Been with the company 5 months now and never had an issue. Plenty of work and support from the office whenever needed. Great place to work would definitely recommend

Pros

Good hours, good pay, great support from the office

Bolton site

After working at secur it for a few weeks what I thought would be a great job turned into something else. After now waiting over 2 months for my payment I suggest anyone going for this job with this company look else where. As am still in process of getting my payment but being Ex forces this company is very UNPROFESSIONAL!

Cons

12 hrs shifts

Very bad management

Worked for them for a few months. No job induction and just left to your own devices..don't pay for badge renewal..not really interested..just a door firm with good contracts but still just a door firm..

Pros

Pay on time

Cons

Everything else

Very Poor

Mis-managed, poor communication and in over their heads, long hours expected, expected to work at a moments notice, only offer zero hour contracts and minimum wage despite working long night time hours

Terrible company.

Terrible company to work for, avoid going for a job at this company. they expect all from you but don't want to give, they will not pay you on time, take money off you unlawfully threaten you with no work being zero hour contracts which is basically the sack if you try to phone in sick, the list goes on.

Pros

Cons

working for the company

Not a good company to work for

I worked for them for over a year. They only took me on because they could find nobody else to work over Christmas. The only good thing I can say about the company is they pay on time, but then a lot of companies do. The management is not flexible in any way, they expect you to do work miles and miles away even if you rely on public transport, and they don't even pay for breaks. not the best security company around so look elsewhere if you have just got your SIA badge, in my opinion.

Pros

Cons

Expecting you to jump when they tell you to. No notice as such.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SECUR-IT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement