SECURE TRUST BANK

SECURE TRUST BANK Employee Reviews

stressful

Too harsh on time management. Toilet breaks times. Poor salary. However they were very supportive when i had personal problems. Tough shifts and not very flexible, poor higher management but lots of nice people who work there.

Pros

decent office, flexible shifts

Cons

stressful, target driven, money orientated, poor management

Really good place to work

I have been with secure trust bank for afew months and the staff are just so brilliant not 1 colleague I don’t get on with everyone’s so friendly and helpful. The role is hard to get to grips with at first but once you do it’s very rewarding. Couldn’t be happier. having most weekends off and normal shifts it’s a blessing for me coming from previously doing night shifts. The best introduction and training to a job I’ve ever had also they really help you every step of the way and don’t forget about you or push you too hard.

Pros

Lovely staff, nice canteen, good break times and shifts

Cons

Could do with an air con or fan in these summer months

Summary

I did not feel valued in the slightest. I made a complaint about a Team Leader choosing to move into the office I worked in, purely because she had "nobody to talk to" where she should have been. I feel that following this, they were looking for any mistake in order to get rid of me!!! I was not allowed to carry out tasks for which I was trained but always asked to call customers that Managers should have been calling!!!

Pros

great friends on my team

Cons

Unapproachable management!!

Wasted my time

I was offered a job there and was messed about so much. They had a delay on their side for doing my checks so they pushed my start date back by a month then completely ignored me and sent me an email about the delay on the checks even though I sent everything I needed to. I tried to contact HR numerous times to find out what was going on and I was promised to be called but never was. They caused me to fall behind on my bills as they pushed my date back for no reason and then continued to ignore me and didn’t contact me again about my start date (even though they offered me the job) sounds like the didn’t want to own up to their mistakes and instead mess me about for 2 months. AVOID this unprofessional mess

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Time wasters

Cons

Time wasters. Liars. Offering jobs and not going through with it. How unprofessional.

Productive and good place to work.

Good people, excellent culture and a good team. Provides a challenging work environment and recognises hard work. Issues with advancement as there were not too many opportunities in my field but would definitely recommend to anyone.

Great place to work,very friendly staff and plenty of opportunities for growth if you know your work and have a clear idea how you want to progress.

My time at STB was fantastic, I learnt a lot, had a great team I worked on and very friendly management. The management team are very helpful and will honour if their way to help you.

Best place I worked

I loved my time at Secure Trust Bank, an excellent place to work. No surprise it's listed on the Great places to work because, it is literally that. Fun and family-like culture where the management is open and welcoming to any issues you may face. A progressive and forward-thinking working environment which is continuously improving and with lots of support from coming from the top. I got involved in interesting and challenging pieces of work which I feel helped me grow personally and professionally.

Stressful

Staff are friendly, call centre environment can be stressful. Dialler system not suitable for everyone. no hold on calls so cannot even sneeze without customer hearing you. Management sack trainees at a moments notice. If your face fits there is progression, if not you will be out the door. All staff get on except managers, none of them seem to like one another and non are too be trusted.

Shocking

No flexibility, a demeaning almost bullying culture. I'm all for equal opportunities but this is a very woman orientated workplace where your gender is only important if you can physically give birth. The only good thing about this place was the pool table in the canteen. Shocking management, especially in the savings and complaints department.

Interim Role

I felt well integrated and supported in my role. It was a close knit team. The Group has great values and clear goals with a collaborative and fun culture. Despite its ambitious plans to expand STB does not lose sight of its original foundations. A very good company with clear salary and career paths, matched by a competitive benefits package.

Jobs at SECURE TRUST BANK

See more jobs

Think before you leap

too many managers for a business that size. Very hectic, low autonomy, lacks in atmosphere The parking is super difficult, on-street grappling on a daily basis

A pleasent place to work

Good experience of residential mortgage lending. Very good team ethic and cross team communication. Introduction to mortgage related databases. Great shame the job ended

Productive and fun place to work

Very good company that cares about progression. I learnt a lot here to set my career up. Great for young people without a degree to get started, money isn't great which is the only downfall.

Good company to work for

Good company with an established management team. Decisions made are considered rather than made quickly. It's a relatively small bank so career progression maybe challenging.

No strong views

No strong opinions to share. “Ok” place to work Broken down communication Culture is that of a dealership Would probably not recommend to friends Pay/benefits

Good culture

The Mortgage Operations team where I worked were all served with redundancy notices. I enjoyed working for this company, good culture, excellent management and felt like a family. If not for redundancy, I would still be working there

Good Team to work with

Good setup of people to work with, you cover a varied number of things for the company, parking was not very accessible, also salary was not the best.

Nice people, poor systems

It has been some time since I worked there so things have hopefully changed. I don't believe I met anyone there I did not like, everyone was so approachable. The downside was the systems which would often go down at least once a month leaving customers without access to their money. This obviously leads to a large influx of calls from unhappy customers which doesn't create high job satisfaction especially when it is completely out of your control.

Awful

Unstable company, constantly selling other parts of the business to make it look like they are making profit to pay shareholders dividends therefore they keep investing. Don’t put your money at risk!!!

Pros

Cons

Hours, pay, job security

Bank

Professional banking environment on a much smaller scale than traditional. Dealing with door to door cash collection reconciliations for hundreds of entries. Meticulous and careful accounting for cash and deposits into bank account to reconcile.

Pros

Easy tasks

Cons

Not challenging enough

Initally gret place to work until management change over

Not what it used to be, had big ambitions as a company and positive ideas but the management has slipped over the years and the focus on looking after its staff has shifted dramatically and consequently seen a rise in staff turnover recently.

Pros

Great people to work with below management level.

Cons

Management are power made and staff arent treated like adults.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SECURE TRUST BANK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement