SecuriGroup Ltd

Steward34 reviews
United Kingdom34 reviews

siteshiftsecurityuniformeventwageguardcontract

Something to know about

SGL has a good record with most of its staff BUT the door supervisor job IS NOT for everyone. Just be aware that they're incredibly short staffed and they WILL pull/phone you to work outside of your normal allocation of shift. If you can help then say yes but ALWAYS remember you can say NO.

Pros

Great if you get a good Line Manager

Cons

Payroll are SLOW

Terrible employer

Very poor management who don't care about there employees and very bad pay. Boring job overall. Terrible atmosphere in jobs the wage isn't worth the hassle you get from customers and management especially when drinking water is considered "unprofessional". Been waiting months for my money back for returning my uniform in which management won't reply to any of my emails even when you leave the company screws you over. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Everything else

Insights into SecuriGroup Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

SGL is great in all ways

I love working with the SGL. I joined them in 2019 as a steward on match days. I also worked with them on the Taxi ranks on Friday's and Saturday's.It was really a great privilege for me working with the SGL. I hope when the lock down and this virus becomes a thing of the past. Everything will come back to normal.

3 years and been getting plenty of work.

I have worked with Securigroup for 3 years now. And there is always work. If you are willing to get up and show them. They will give you the work. Management can mix from difficult to easy going. But trust me there are worse company’s out there. Weekly pay. And fully paid holidays.

No communication

The supervisor wanted you to call in every Monday morning to see what shifts were available and if you could do them. I actually resigned before I heard back from another supervisor. They’re a total joke of a company and don’t have a clue about security.

was a pleasant company to work for.

Each and every shift was different, in the aspect that you were dealing with different people each time. Each venue I worked at was different, at football stadiums you could be dealing with a sometime rowdy crowd, where as at concerts they were completely different.

new experince fun

was good fun working with securigroup, visited many venues and sites also working at events was really fun meeting celebrates sometimes was hard work dbut worth it

Poor Employers

Poor company to work for, zero hour contracts, no holiday or sick pay, no employee benefits, poor management, poor staff... Says it all really. Don't work for them.

Working in events around Scotland,

Working in events such as football, festivals & council events. Something given a briefing before shift starts, ur put out on position until end of shift, at the end we do a swip of the area then debriefed. We work in all weather, day & night. Uniform is provided but it's not good for winter, can buy ur own winter uniform as long as same colour as company uniform.

Great Company to Work For

I've now been working with SGL for three years and I always get a decent amount of shifts per month, Great management always willing to help and push you to became licensed or work in other departments

enjoyable job

my job was to ensure safety at events. I felt like this job boosted my confidence and communication skills as I was dealing with customers each week. Management were brilliant with giving out shifts

0 hour contract

Not worth working for unless you are desperate barely get any work don't get paid for travel, travelled 4 and a half hours for 2 hours of work more travel sometimes than work

Pros

Non

Cons

0 hours contract

Worst company to work for

It's got this favoritism thing among management picking and choosing who does what jobs based on who they trust. The worst company to work for. I quit and never been happier since

Pros

it pays minimum wage

Cons

don't care about you a an employee

Excellent Company

I recently had the opportunity to take part in SecuriGroup's back to front initiative, which involved me being a Steward at the World Pipe Band Championships at Glasgow Green. This gave me a great appreciation for the amount of work that goes into planning each of our events, and the subsequent hard-work and dedication put in by all the staff who come together round the clock to secure some of the UK's biggest events. Working on the frontline has highlighted to me the importance of each role within the company, and that we must be mindful of all the hard-work put in before, during and after an event. I am proud to work for a company that really cares about the people.

good social

good to make friends a lot of standing around on the job getting bored best bet to have fun is on doors be prepared for abusive people for no good reason

good for uni students

It's very flexible, management is okay, pay is really good, I am able to schedule in work while studying at the same time, there is no miminum hours of work so no stress in planning when to work while studying.

Challenging and Unexpected

SecuriGroup can be a good company to work for if you get the right Supervisor. Most of the staff are great and really supportive of each other. Management could be improved, serious lack of communication. Generally enjoy shifts but can become sparse during winter, be prepared to work in the cold and rain for anywhere between 4 and 16 hours a day at times. Lots of fun to be had and lots of things you'd never imagine will happen.

Good Environment

Worked as an events steward on and off throughout the past few years. A good range of events, lots of opportunities, and great people I really liked working with. Wish stewarding paid more, but I suppose that's just the industry.

Pros

excellent people

Cons

pay could be better

Good company

Respectful management and colleagues, good place to work in general. Good organisation and atmosphere, lots of international students as well.

Safety Steward

You have to carry yourself through every shift, know your own rules and have your own skills and self interest pushed towards this career. I found myself never doing much or not entirely recognizing my boundaries as an employee of the company and underwent no training. It's something you can definitely pick up, but it is a very mind numbing job and for this reason I was always reluctant to pick up a shift. When offered shifts you always seemed to receive the worst events and found it hard to negotiate your placement over the phone, never given full information and coerced into bad shifts. I found myself put down for a 4 hour Dundee shift. I live in East Kilbride.

Pros

Well Natured coworkers and diverse experiences. Ability to travel with work.

Cons

Potentially infrequent hours and mind numbing work.

Fun Workplace, Friendly management

Responsible for being the main point of contact in the event of any emergency or security incidents that occur on site. Working as part of a team via a day and night shift combination, Responding to emergency situations as they arise and dealing with large and small amounts of the public and being first point of contact to the public.

Pros

friendly staff, Fair pay, New opportunities

Cons

not enough shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SecuriGroup Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement