Securitas

Securitas Employee Reviews

work culture is ok but most . staff are from the x forces so if your not into it as in conversation it can get very boring as that's all they know. meeting new people ,is something i looked forward to on my shift. Pay was not bad but you have to put in long hours. i was not 1 for travel but had to spend lots on fuel been sent to really far locations all in all i worked there as i was from a security back ground .after 29 years i called it a day fun times.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
long hours/ location
This company has really bad ethics and seems to have no concern for the health and safety of it's employees. I started working for Securitas as a result of a TUPE at the National Gallery. After Securitas took over the security department they changed almost everything even after telling us they wouldn't. Significant cuts to staff were made and security standards have dropped. Most of the original staff have been made redundant or resigned.
Pros
Cons
Incompetant managers
Work is work but when poor management surrounds the environment it becomes inconvenience and at times problematic. Too much office politics and poor communication.
Pros
Poor Prospects
Cons
Discrimination
Have worked for this company for near 2 years. Work hours and locations change with very little or no notice at all. Told to check portal for work. Deep seated favouritism. Management not available at weekends nor do they visit site. No paid breaks. Managers working from home and sometimes unprofessionaly shout at at staff over the phone. Workplace culture is stale and breeds contempt from and between staff. Pay is up and down, can be dropped from 56 hours down to 42 hours.
Pros
Easy job and some good co workers.
Cons
Management, pay.
The wages are low and the management is not good alot of favouritism for the white people no working ethics no diverse management as securitas cliams in the covid-19 times no ppe provided and in cold weather they will make you work on the roads for no reasons literally for nothing they make security stand in minus tempratures which is very dangerous and against health and safety security treated very bad no proper crew rooms no social distancing
The company was great to work for. Always someone at the end of the phone. Good conditions, friendly staff. Rate of pay was good for security work. Parking was on site and free.
Pros
Cons
I experienced none
The shift patterns are not great. I worked at the University of Bedfordshire and they were making me work from 5.30pm-6.30am every Friday. I would only have Sunday’s off. I worked there for 4 months and I couldn’t manage.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Long hours and not much work-life balance
Working with various clients, front of house and control room. Also have worked retail sector for the company on occasions. Hou most of the time have to work as a lone worker on different sites.
Pros
Work solo
Cons
Management lack a few skills other then that its okPay is always on time training is paid for SIA badge is paid for pick and drop available sometimes
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Pay could be better
managers and supervisors do not have a proper training to manage people .they are rude instead. Head office is run by immature group where they all are related to each other and more!perhaps thats why they don't care about the security officers .no wounder no officers last longer at this company. You can't have social life ,consitant calls on days off for shift covering at different sites .if you don't agree they will start threatening you of sacking you . Or your hours will be dramatically reduced ,I ended up getting 30 hours only for the entire month .Do not work for securitas.
Pros
Cons
Calls on days off
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Securitas?
Terrible man management skills useless managers and no interaction with staff about rotas or anything pathetic wages and terrible company to work for
Pros
Cons
Long hours rubbish pay
Security employment depends wholly on the site you're allocated. They vary to such a wide extent. Some are over demanding and regard security staff as general purpose lackeys, others can be bearable and then if you are really fortunate you'll find pure gold. Treated with respect ,fairly paid and friendly staff to work with and for. I have experienced several of a wide spectrum and have a great deal of sympathy for those placed on sites with absolutely no merit at all. Sadly it is a lottery.
Pros
Clean comfortable and warm work station. Personal efforts trusted and appreciated
Cons
Any outside work in foul weather and no shelter.
The communication is atrocious managers are bland buck passers. The perks aren't perks. They expect the world for as little as possible. Thankless unrewarding and dull. Avoid.
Pros
Cons
Many
After 11 years of working for the company, I was singled out by the management team and made an example of as they saw me as an easy target when compared to other staff, there is a culture of bullying and intimidation which starts at the top and filters all the way down.
Pros
Acceptable wages
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, ineffective outdated and minimal training, bullies for management.
Cant fault the working job role and pay is not bad for the roles I found it more rewarding before Corvid but then changes happened and people become more anti complying
Pros
Breaks are flexible
Cons
shift can be hard to get
Great place to work cooperative staff flexi time schedule Stress free environment to workCommute to work is stress free not too far to travel easy to get work closer to the home
The site i worked at was run by a manager who was full of himself and ran the staff like he thought he was commanding special forces not security at the shopping centre.Made to learn military acronyms which were wrong anyway.Staff were two faced and would stab you in the back soon as look at you.
Pros
Hometime.
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
teribble company no loyaltymanagers dont care about staffpay is rubbish and long hours. no bonuses no help during the pendemic covid 19. company needs need managment who values the hard work of employees.
Pros
Cons
management
Managers need waking up a bit as have no real idea of what's going on on sites just breeze in to visit,ignor most of the staff then leave. Most of the staff you work with on site are ok.
Pros
Free uniform.
Cons
I worked with securitas for 9 years as a retail security guard on the M&S contract I walked when mitie got the contract they are the awfully no support
Pros
Great manegment
Cons
Pay was poor
Since being with securitas I have qualified upto bronze, management on site is amazing & very supportive. Hardest part of job is learning the overall job of control room officer, most part i enjoy is working with members of team I get on with.
Pros
Working with good people
  1. Employee reviews