Securitas

Securitas Employee Reviews

Great company, have had nothing but help from management from static and mobile.Always available and on hand and will deal with any issues to ensure staff happiness. Would recommend this company for job security and progression
Pros
Communication
Cons
Low pay
Lack of pay for what is asked of youPoorly staffed due to low p/h rating Lack of support poor management Energy draining not a positive place to work
Cons
Poor management, sending under prepared and under qualified officers to site, allowing long serving securitas staff to do what they want and not follow site instructions while staff recently tupe'd over get treated differently, appointing team leaders who are lazy and have zero management skills.
Pros
Pay for SIA renewal
Cons
Poor management
The job is a good job. The Branch Manager doesn't get round site so therfore doesn't know the job or the people.Very clicks which brings double standards.The branch manager deals with the same situation dependant on who you are. The officers. They have an engagement manager who you never seem to engage with.
Pros
Regilar pay
Cons
Dont really care about the welfare of the staff. Bottom line is their only concern
I never met managers. They worked from home even before pandemic. They never gave me work and made me casual officer through spite. Hr are not worth a **** they pass it back to manager and mite as well not be there. Font come to this company.
Pros
Cons
Boring long hours.
I have seen some negative posts, however I am a guard in the Herts and Essex area. Our line managers T&A are always supportive even through covid. We had calls daily, emails of support, meets outside with the management team. Thank you for hard work awards,assistance with training, the bronze training is amazing and I thank my managers for putting our team in silver training
Pros
Training and Mangement
Cons
Worked with securitas for off and on since 2012 great relationship with staff loads of hours if able to put the time in feel should be higher pay Securitas has great sites over the board
Pros
Great location of work
Cons
Whylst all my work colleagues were absolutely superb the evil minded management spying on staff thru the crack in the office door and consequently having 17 dissaplinariess in 1 day just enforced the view that management were not suitable to hold their position.. A position of threat and fear ruling
Pros
Work colleagues the best
Cons
This company has really bad ethics and seems to have no concern for the health and safety of it's employees. I started working for Securitas as a result of a TUPE at the National Gallery. After Securitas took over the security department they changed almost everything even after telling us they wouldn't. Significant cuts to staff were made and security standards have dropped. Most of the original staff have been made redundant or resigned.
Pros
Cons
Incompetant managers
Work is work but when poor management surrounds the environment it becomes inconvenience and at times problematic. Too much office politics and poor communication.
Pros
Poor Prospects
Cons
Discrimination
Have worked for this company for near 2 years. Work hours and locations change with very little or no notice at all. Told to check portal for work. Deep seated favouritism. Management not available at weekends nor do they visit site. No paid breaks. Managers working from home and sometimes unprofessionaly shout at at staff over the phone. Workplace culture is stale and breeds contempt from and between staff. Pay is up and down, can be dropped from 56 hours down to 42 hours.
Pros
Easy job and some good co workers.
Cons
Management, pay.
work culture is ok but most . staff are from the x forces so if your not into it as in conversation it can get very boring as that's all they know. meeting new people ,is something i looked forward to on my shift. Pay was not bad but you have to put in long hours. i was not 1 for travel but had to spend lots on fuel been sent to really far locations all in all i worked there as i was from a security back ground .after 29 years i called it a day fun times.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
long hours/ location
The wages are low and the management is not good alot of favouritism for the white people no working ethics no diverse management as securitas cliams in the covid-19 times no ppe provided and in cold weather they will make you work on the roads for no reasons literally for nothing they make security stand in minus tempratures which is very dangerous and against health and safety security treated very bad no proper crew rooms no social distancing
The company was great to work for. Always someone at the end of the phone. Good conditions, friendly staff. Rate of pay was good for security work. Parking was on site and free.
Pros
Cons
I experienced none
The shift patterns are not great. I worked at the University of Bedfordshire and they were making me work from 5.30pm-6.30am every Friday. I would only have Sunday’s off. I worked there for 4 months and I couldn’t manage.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Long hours and not much work-life balance
Working with various clients, front of house and control room. Also have worked retail sector for the company on occasions. Hou most of the time have to work as a lone worker on different sites.
Pros
Work solo
Cons
Management lack a few skills other then that its okPay is always on time training is paid for SIA badge is paid for pick and drop available sometimes
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Pay could be better
managers and supervisors do not have a proper training to manage people .they are rude instead. Head office is run by immature group where they all are related to each other and more!perhaps thats why they don't care about the security officers .no wounder no officers last longer at this company. You can't have social life ,consitant calls on days off for shift covering at different sites .if you don't agree they will start threatening you of sacking you . Or your hours will be dramatically reduced ,I ended up getting 30 hours only for the entire month .Do not work for securitas.
Pros
Cons
Calls on days off
Terrible man management skills useless managers and no interaction with staff about rotas or anything pathetic wages and terrible company to work for
Pros
Cons
Long hours rubbish pay
Security employment depends wholly on the site you're allocated. They vary to such a wide extent. Some are over demanding and regard security staff as general purpose lackeys, others can be bearable and then if you are really fortunate you'll find pure gold. Treated with respect ,fairly paid and friendly staff to work with and for. I have experienced several of a wide spectrum and have a great deal of sympathy for those placed on sites with absolutely no merit at all. Sadly it is a lottery.
Pros
Clean comfortable and warm work station. Personal efforts trusted and appreciated
Cons
Any outside work in foul weather and no shelter.
The communication is atrocious managers are bland buck passers. The perks aren't perks. They expect the world for as little as possible. Thankless unrewarding and dull. Avoid.
Pros
Cons
Many
  1. Employee reviews