Securitas

United Kingdom15 reviews

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 24,161 reviews
siteofficersecuritypatrolcctvguardrubbishuniform

Not very staff friendly

Security receeption Supervisor Everyday is different when working as the front of house supervisor

Pros

Plenty of oppertunity for overtime

Poor Management

Management here does not care about you at all. They only pretend to care if they need you to do them a favour, and if you don't want to/are unable to they will either guilt trip you into it or just make you feel bad for not doing this for them when there is no benefit to doing so (e.g. no time and a half/overtime rate pay). Often asked to work short notice and long hours with little more than a 'thanks' for helping them out - because the pay isn't worth the extra hours. Management can't even proofread their own emails, and the communication is often poor. Definite superiority complex and think that they are better than their staff, even though they are certainly not qualified for the job. No benefits to speak of, company sees all its employees as a joke, lack of professionalism, no wonder there's such a high turnover.

Insights into Securitas

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

enjoyable place to work

a typical day for me is busy and lots to contend with, i have learnt a lot working with Securitas and i find the management and officers are very compassionate and understanding. I find them to be firm but extremely fair, hardest part of my job is trying to fit everything into one day, but i enjoyed what i did.

Long hours and inaccurate pay

I worked for Securitas after applying for a job in Leeds. Spent most my time in Normanton office/York/Lincoln. You work long hours and then have an unpaid drive on either side of up to 2 hours. Managers are often unhelpful. Every pay day the wage was wrong

Pros

Lots of training

Cons

Long hours expected to drive 2+ hours not reliable with pay

Securitas stars division - divert course!

Dear everyone whom maybe reading this, I joined Securitas as a STAR which means security receptionist. I had the most worst experience ever, once I joined I was promised on my start date a 40 hour contract, 4 months later after constantly chasing for this and being moved around from different site to site as a cover body to fulfil contract needs, I received a zero hours contract. My experience as a STAR: I was racially abused and staff made homophobic comments which went no where with HR which was extremely distressing. Management: there was only one very very good operations-support manager who would support me and have my back no matter what (names shall not be mentioned) unfortunately she had been assigned to another division and another incompetent STAR had been promoted by the protective services branch manager only due to the person gaining enough brownie points and them being “best friends” he instantly got the job :) also not to mention the protective services branch manager who covers the whole UK she is okay at times however when you email and or text her you will be seen as a “burden” same with the new operations support every time you email or contact them they just see you as a burden and nothing more. Other STARS experience: STARS that I encountered would often moan they are on a zero hours contract for almost 1 year and keep getting promised a permanent contract these STARS would often be moaning about management being non supportive they would also complain about pay rates being very bad and how other staff treat them, new STARS that join and -

Pros

Cons

Racially abused, no hours, Low morale, management stress you out the list goes on...

Great work place

Good company to work for.. gained alot and the pay is very good also. Meet new people chance to move up.location of your choosing. They give you your suite you get your size everything would recommend to anyone with SIA badge.

Terrible Local Management

Local management need more training, they have no idea of how to cover shift patterns they constantly are begging you to cover even though you have already worked 72/84 hrs shift patterns. They give you a day off after working 6-7 days of which most of it is spent recovering either in bed knackered or sat in your home like a zombie. They dont take responsibility for any actions they take and pass the buck to somebody else to blame. If you are unfortunate to be ill due to being over worked you are treated with contempt and continually harassed with phone calls or texts. All in all a shabby run company on a local level i just hope senior management above Area level are aware of just how bad things are.

Pros

Good money if you dont want a life and are a robot

Cons

Long hours, not enough time between shift patterns to relax with your family, Local management a joke

reception/security

Great company to work for, pay always correct,uniform provided, regular breaks, be sorry to leave the company. nothing bad to say! always find you regular work

Pros

lots

a cool place to work

productive and fun workplace, management are super supportive, company has an international outlook, this is a company that is going places. the building that iam working in has excellent management.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

micro management

Enjoy job, low wage

Nice place to work however the pay could be better. The management is okay but could be more organised. On the whole I do enjoy my job and feel secure

great

really happy with this company never had any problems with them pay always correct, always on time uniform provided easy to communicate with senior staff

Busy and interesting

Check emails for any car bookings or visiting guests. Answer the phone and deal with the call or transfer it to contact. There are lots of managers, learn how to help them.The hardest part of the job is trying to keep all aspects of it in their own slot and not get them mixed up. The most enjoyable part of the job is when there is a problem, we sort it out and only people who know about it is us.

Pros

Subsidised Restaurant

Cons

Long Hours

Productive. Fun enviroment.

• Accountable for the office administration, management of staff and delegating work-loads through a computer roster system. • Collaborating with local businesses, local media, charities and third parties to raise the profile of the company in the locality and obtain new contracts. • Liaising with the Senior Management team through all communication aspects such as email, phone and face to face. • Organising contract meetings with potential clients for senior management to attend. • Maintaining staff records and all training are up to date and also conducting regular site visits. • Responsible for the day-to-day running of the office and among key accountabilities the developing of profitable performance by motivating employees.

Good Company

The area that I am based is vey enjoyable. I am given different challenges to complete with makes the day pass really well./

Pros

Friendly team to work with

Cons

Long Hours

Not to good

There are alot of guards sent to site to cover that are not front of house people and have been sent of site, I am the only girl in the team and at times can find this extremely stressful and pressurizingThe management are not really aroundJust actually doing my job which I enjoy, attending to Internal and external cutomers

Pros

near to were i live

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Securitas with

Learn about Securitas in popular locations

• Securitas