SECURITY KINGS
Happiness score is 42 out of 100

Working at SECURITY KINGS: 14 Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews

Store Detective concept does not Work

It doesn’t matter how many shop lifters you catch if you don’t have static door guards to keep them out once they have been identified and caught they just come back. Pointless exercise, stressful.

Pros

Own clothes

Cons

The job is pointless

Unprofessional

Management are unsupportive. Expectations are excessive, poor team leading and operations is terrible. There’s no briefing or debriefing of tasks start to end. Standard of colleagues (employees) are poor

Insights into SECURITY KINGS

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Loved it!

Other than one specific manager who liked to DiK swing The managing director amazing The team amazing And the clients were amazingOver all I really enjoyed working here just a shame the way I was treated by a manager and the names I was called in an open group chat on WhatsApp Along with the humiliation people felt when they were targeted for not catching shoplifters

I have worked for Security Kings for a year, reporting to management and office staff as part of my typical day. I am always impressed with the company's work ethics and standards, making sure that everyone stays within the company's professional standards and expectations of clients so that all their services are always top level. I have only ever seen issues with employees who don't meet the expected acceptable standards. I really admire the company's mission to create safer working environments, introduce more women to the security industry and their mental health & wellbeing support app which has come in really handy. They also provide a lot of advice and support. Communication is great and management can be contacted at any time.

Dont work here

Worst company ever! Management are terrible and speak down to you like your nothing. They dont pay properly. Im letting everyone know not to work for them.

This is not the place to go

all I can say is don’t do it silly Watsap groups daily praised if you catch belittled if you don’t this has to be the worse set up there is managers are awful constantly moaning get upset if you won’t go out your cluster of shops seriously this place is not as good as they make it sound

Avoid

WhatsApp groups going off all the time!! They give you targets and make you fell under pressure to catch people stealing which will lead to false arrests. Management don’t have a clue what they are doing only care about numbers

Pros

Own clothes

Cons

Long days, pay is not worth you’re time and effort

Hardworking and busy

What you put in is what you get out of it.Sometimes it’s quiet but in the afternoon it comes to life.Working in pairs helps.Due to the type of job you rely on the person you work with for back up.Working in different stores help, but a downfall is not getting paid for travel or parking.If in London you can get about by the underground.8 hour days Monday to Friday with no weekends.Strange to me as there is a lot going on, on a Saturday and Sunday

Pros

Busy especially in London

Cons

Self employed. No payed holidays or sickness. If you don’t work you don’t get paid.

Fantastic place to work

I was working for security kings on a part-time basis & i loved every minute. I found management & supervisors are very supportive and the other SD’s are very helpful.Aslong as you do your job your left alone. Management appreciate everyones hard work.If your unsure to apply of not go for it! I have only left due to a career change.(This is my own personal experience)

Pros

Friendly team, top management, flexible (works both ways)

Cons

Lone working (sometimes a bad think)

Inadequite and Unprofessional

My findings were that management inadequacy required improvement, inadequate training standards for the role, ineffective handling in staff sickness, inadequate booking on and off, WhatsApp groups pose a risk for potential GDPR breach. Having considered all this, I do not recommend this company to work with.

Dire company and management

Worst company I ever worked for! Don't do it!! Stupid WhatsApp groups constantly going off all day for pointless stuff! Treat you like children wanting to know what you're doing the entire shift!

Disorganized and unprofessional

Disorganized company, totally unprofessional behavior, they don't care about the working condition, they only care about goals to catch thieves, you are thrown away like garbage.

Pros

Casual dress

Cons

Everything including management

Verbal communication good standard

In my view work has to be professional perseverance & proactive one hundred per cent of the time. As a whole acknowledging the members of the public formally and informally.

horrible work environment

horrible employers to work for, both owners constantly stabbing each other in the back and i was stuck in the middle of this ordeal trying to hire new security staff, conduct the interviews, conduct the training, sort of rosters that were constantly changed by the owners. all of this while i was expected to be on the store floor conducting my searches for shoplifters.

Pros

Cons

everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SECURITY KINGS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare SECURITY KINGS with

Learn about SECURITY KINGS in popular locations

• SECURITY KINGS
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?