Sedgwick

United Kingdom82 reviews

Found 82 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,396 reviews
lindseyclaimovertimeteamofficestaffclienttraining

Not great

Minimal training, long shifts and overtime is expected even at weekends. Company is reliant on temps so the standard is never high. The pay is minimal and it sometimes feels as though departments are working against each other rather than together.

Don’t work here

You will not get any proper training, you’ll be dumped straight into the deep end and expect you to know what you are doing. I cried multiple times to my team leaders because I was so stressed but no one ever listened nor cared. You are just a number there! Massive case load with little time

Insights into Sedgwick

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things

Highly reccomend NOT working here

I was hired at the end of September after I graduated my masters. All the staff are very friendly however you are just a cog in a machine. Worked from home & in the office. It is purely based on tasks completed and complaints filed - nothing more nothing less. Everyone there was either working towards leaving or in the process, one hired one out the door every month. There was not a lot of pay increase in progression so motivation was not there realistically. I worked there for pretty much a year - made some friends that made it bareable but not worth it. Worst thing about it was the phone system. You would be put in a group and any calls come in you'd be transferred to them. A complete nightmare trying to do your own work while dealing with someone elses claims. If you were 'away' from your phone you'd be messaged by managers saying get back to work basically. Once you find a job you actually like - you realise how rubbish this one is. To summarise in one sentence it would be:"Cog in a machine dealing with the abusive general public with minimal progression and pay" - would not reccomend.

Pros

One hour lunch

Cons

repetative & no progression

Management are awful

Management are beyond awful - work employees into the ground on awful pay and have zero respect for the staff. Overtime is expected with no additional pay. No work-life balance. Salary is horrific and completely unbalanced between employees doing the same role with the same experience (albeit different genders) Awful maternity pay and no benefits.

Pros

Opportunities it lead me too outside of the company

Cons

Too many to list…

appalling company

appalling company outsourced all the long term people who had been loyal to the company, very little training given, some lovely people worked there but senior management poor

I joined the company in 2007 as a handler and am now a Client Director. I have always been supported by my direct line manager and have had my work recognised.Insurance claims is a fast paced environment and to work for Sedgwick you'll need to think on your feet and be prepared to be trusted with responsibility and accountability.If you are an individual who thrives in a collaborative culture where you work hard and are rewarded for it, I highly recommend Sedgwick.Finally, there are so many avenues to explore with Sedgwick, including overseas work as they are in so many countries globally

Supportive and great environment

I came into Sedgwick as an external employee, I know nothing about the companies or the services, they took the time to train me and pace me into the job where I was comfortable. Great flexibility

Great environment and supportive

I have worked for Sedgwick just over a year now and I have really enjoyed working for the business. Lots to do and get involved with, and things are always on the go. The people I have met and work with all appear to be pushing in the same direction and they have a genuine desire to deliver for our clients/customers. Lots of support when needed and overall its a great place to work.

Very stressful and low paid job for the demands

You are taught everything from online "mentors" who are overworked and stressed and then take that on you. I found the job extremely difficult because any queries while learning all had to go through the computer and you had to wait for your team leader to answer. If there was an extremely difficult customer, the team leader would still refuse to get on and help out. It's a very fast paced job where the phone calls and complaints don't stop and you have to fill in a twenty five minute, confusing form with someone constantly complaining on the other end and with hardly any support. The pay is shockingly bad for the amount of pressure put on the staff and the amount of work they expect you to do. I was thankfully fired but for a disgraceful reason. They told me that my dyslexia was too bad and that I wasn't getting through enough calls because of it. Despite being told by a manager that "if it takes six months, we'll train you." I didn't want to stay there and that was why I didn't pursue it. The team leader I had acted as if it was his company and was stressful and rude when I made any mistakes. When I was offered support, the managers got their wires crossed and I was fired the next day. A terrible and very, very, very stressful company to work for. It's basically a call centre from he'll done from home. You can't teach ppl from home, or support them and this made the situation worse. They make out the company is all about empathy, but even though I had a ninety per cent quality reading while talking with clients, they obviously just want to go through ad many clients as -

A place to grow and learn.

I initially came into Sedgwick with customer service experience and have gained so much knowledge within the insurance and industry through training and opportunities.

Pros

Weekends are your own.

Cons

Sometimes overwhelming learning the role.

Good for the cold hearted

Having worked at the company for many years, it doesn't seem to have any interest in improvement. No attempt to retain good staff and on the flipside, no consequences for staff that slack off.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Attitude of management

Not doing enough

Team loses good employees every year bc they don't do enough to keep them. Recognition to employees that do extra is nonexistent. Some managers clearly more qualified than others.

Pros

Some nice workers trying to make a living there

Cons

Salary, management, recognition

Extremely stressful

Very stressful company to work for. Extremely understaffed so they constantly hire temps to take calls but they have no idea what they’re doing which sometimes leads to more problems. Training and support is extremely poor. I was told I would have 1 on 1 side by side support and this has not happened.

Avoid

Awful company to work for. Very low pay for a demanding job. No progression opportunities unless you’re related to senior management. Always understaffed so claims handlers are overloaded with cases and calls. If you bend over backwards and get the best possible productivity score the maximum pay rise you get is 2% so effectively a pay cut considering inflation

Pros

Some nice colleagues on the coal face

Cons

Very stressful work for very low pay

Poor wage for stress of job

Underpaid and overworked. Managers don't care. It's all about the numbers. Not enough staff at all times so customers suffer. Training is terrible. It's sink or swim. No empathy.

Not a great experience

From too to bottom as sense of urgency needs to be injected into staff.For too many genuinely 'urgent' issues were ignored or buried under a mass of processes/minor nitpicking points

Pros

Good Location

Cons

Terrible pay Awful Customer Service

Good but can be stressful

Can be stressful especially when you were busy & had several tasks to complete however overall good workplace environment. Working at home however could be demotivating.

Avoid if possible

Salary as little as they can get away with, year on year increases were minimal if anything. No real chance of progression and culture was not one of staff development. General attitude of management was for the most part that employees were disposable. Nicest thing I can is that it was a job. Maybe a place to get some experience if you’re starting out but not somewhere to give too much of your career to if you can help it.

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

Loads - see my review

Overworked and Undervalued

Once you join Sedgwick prepare to wade your way through never ending torrent of work while being promised more resourcing which never comes as they cannot keep staff. No training is ever received as no one has the time nor corporate structure in place to do so. Management will expect you to stick to outlined claims practices but once a complaint is submitted by a loss assessor or customer this will be quickly ignored by them just to clear it from their desk making your life more difficult as it sets a precedent. Management are out of touch with reality and are for the most part under qualified for their roles with some lacking the personality required to manage staff.

Pros

Nice colleagues, city centre office

Cons

Long Hours, Out of touch management, disorganised

Fun place to work and lovely people

Pay not good and limited opportunity for carrier advancement .Staff are really nice to work with and overall very flexible with working hours . The big bosses get the big pay

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Bad pay

Outright awful!!!!

Awful team leaders, the managers aren’t any better! You have to suck up to TLs and managers just to pass your probation. If your not liked your not passing your probation. Not racially or ethnic friendly!

Pros

Pay

Cons

Team leaders, managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement