SeeAbility

SeeAbility Employee Reviews

United Kingdom103 reviews

individualstaffresidentsupportivetrainingroleshiftteam

Teamwork

Coming to work is enjoyable, the team staff are fun and easy to talk to. They are very helpful. You get chances to learn more skills and develop yourself

Worse place to work

Very disrespectful atmosphere and un cooperative culture. Top executive expect you to do what you been told without even giving any support. The company just shows off and will give you lectures about their good cultures but in reality they don’t follow anything. You can’t raise anything apart from just do what you been told to do so to avoid any problems. Left within 5 months of my job.

Pros

Nothing to describe

Cons

Unfriendly people and worse management

18 January 2023
I am very disappointed to hear of your experience whilst you were employed with us. We work very hard to provide a structured induction programme for all of our new managers, followed with specific support based on individual needs. Part of the ongoing support offered is to buddy with long standing experienced managers. It would be good to understand why this level of support given to you did not provide you with what you needed for the 5 months you were working with us. As you may have seen whilst employed, we have have a very comprehensive Wellbeing Programme, with representatives in each geographical area and a Head of Wellbeing always at hand to have open discussions. It is unfortunate that you didn't feel that you could have raised any cultural issues with this team. We always welcome feedback, and would be very happy to discuss this in greater detail. Please do contact the HR team or your local People Partner, should you wish to provide more information. We wish you all the best with your next role.

Insights into SeeAbility

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Work place and management

After working at see ability in Wellington for just under 3 years I really love the place and enjoy working with the PSW. I my self a year and half ago struggled with personal life matters and the management and team I work with was very understanding and as I'm closed book at home I was offered support and conversations by management that was excellent and support staff. The same as the situation I am in now the management are so understanding and helpfull with the help and advice and well just being there to talk to same as support staff....help is always given when u need or ask for it att seeability

18 January 2023
Thank you for your feedback. The welfare of our colleagues is of the utmost importance to us. I am so pleased you felt supported when you most needed it. Thank you for your hard work and all you do for the people we support.

Very cool place to work

If’s you’re a time waster and have no idea what do you want in life ,well you’re finally in the proper place.Very friendly staffs,amazing clients and great paying.Highly supportive managers with no behavioural issues (5p wage increase).If’s I will be borne again I will applying for this amazing company certainly.

A organisation you can truly be yourself

Excellent place to work, culture is open and ideas from colleagues actioned. Colleagues and people we support have a voice in how the organisation is run. Really lives up to it purpose.

Friendly, caring and fulfilling

I have worked at Seeability Bicester for 3 years now and really enjoy it. The people we support are amazing and you really feel like you are making a positive difference to their lives. If you are caring, brave and passionate you will fit right in. Management are brilliant and very approachable. The team are all very friendly and it has a nice atmosphere there. The training provided is thorough and help is always at hand when needed. The pay could be better for the job, but it is competitive for this profession and is higher than others in the area. There is opportunities for progression, I am currently undertaking a diploma is health and social care which I was offered through this job. Highly recommend.

11 November 2022
Thank you so much for your feedback. All feedback is welcome. You do work in a lovely service with a very experienced manager. We are always reviewing our payrates to ensure we remain competitive and where possible we do aim to increase payrates for our staff to be paid an"above good" rate. As well as pay you have noted one of our other benefits of offering further training and qualifications, which I am glad you have taken up. I hope you have a long and fulfilling career with SeeAbility.

Enjoyable. Teamwork

Working at seeAbility is rewarding and challenging in a good way. Teamwork is key here and you get chances to grow Ur understanding of autism and challenging behaviour. Everyone has fun when supporting the residents and do activities.

Avoid

Sadly poorly run due to management egos. No support with the team members mental health. Amazing individuals to work with. Shame the company is so behind times with its ways of working. Do not be a manager for this company avoid it

9 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It is unfortunate that you did not feel your mental health was supported. As you may know SeeAbility take well being of all staff very seriously. This is why we have a dedicated Head of Wellbeing and each region has a Well Being Coach responsible for all elements of staff care and support. I am sorry if you were not aware of this as your regional Coach would have been able to support and sign post you to the appropriate people to speak to. Thank you also for your comment regarding the amazing colleagues you work with. We work hard at recruiting team members with values that match those of the organisation and put the people we support at the heart of everything we do. If you would like to discuss your concerns further please do contact the HR team and your conversation will be confidential if this is your wish.

fun workplace

lots to do on shift no matter what time of day great managementt on site but rubbish management up above who you can ask anything off great staff team to work along side

Pros

plan your day

12 individuals to 5 staff , horrible place to work !

I don’t know where to start to be honest , I Started this job because it was close to my new house but it was a horrible mistake. I worked in care for 8 years and I have never seen such bad practice . It was so stressful because there was never enough staff to even get personal care and meds done let alone give the individuals opportunity to go out , also the errors and stress that came with this too. The place is so institutionalised And Due to having no staff and so much to do everything was rushed, I was letting a client choose all they wanted to wear and a member of staff said “don’t bother giving them a choice it takes too long”. Not only were they able to make a choice but it is their basic human rights that they were deprived of , There were individuals who was supposed to be one-to-one who were left on their own for the majority of the day and also clients with high needs care packages who again that we just left on my own for most of the day. I understand every care company has an element of money motivation but I don’t understand how this company get away with this and it is all about the money and nothing to do with the care . I was told to write on the individuals notes that they had way more support time than they did to keep their package (the more hours the more money in the company’s pockets), Like it was absolutely horrible and so straining. Believe me every care company have it cons and none of them are perfect but this is the worst place I’ve ever been to

24 August 2022
I am so sorry and disappointed to read your comments, which of course will be escalated to the local and regional managers. The majority of our staff teams, demonstrate care and compassion to the people we support on a daily basis. The main purpose of the role of a Support Worker is to provide a safe and nurturing environment in their homes, whilst ensuring they also live a fulfilled life as equal citizens, including freedom of choice. Based on the majority of feedback from the people we support, their relatives and staff members, I am confident that we provide good quality care & support. However, If you would like to discuss your concerns directly with the senior managers, please do get in touch as all feedback is valuable to us. Thank you.

People we support make everything worthwhile

Every service is different at Ashtead we are very lucky with the managers , the people we support and their families, enjoyable environment to work in and to see the achievements the people we support achieve is incredible.

5 August 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We know the team in Ashtead work really hard to provide a fulfilling life for the people we support.

Seeability Banbury

fun at times with service userslack of consistent management, managers never stay. low pay rateTraining inadequate ideal for first job/ school leaver

Pros

Support individuals with activities, rewarding

Cons

low pay, lack of management, training inadequate

Long days no support but good pay

Avoid if you want life balance and a stress free job no chance. Only plus us the wage you earn and ongoing training you can do online as you progress but no support given during work time itself

24 August 2022
Thank you for your feedback. Please do speak to your line manager to look at the rota to see what can be altered to accommodate a break up in hours worked. The wellbeing of our staff is very important to us and is taken very seriously. Please also speak to your local Wellbeing representative, who may also be able to support you with the conversation with your manager. Thanks again for your feedback.

10 years association

I miss working for SeeAbility. I did several different roles in various chapters of my life and I gained an abundance of skills. I also made lifelong friends, memories and developed a zest for life. The people I supported were the best thing about my workplace - I loved it.

5 August 2022
Thank you for your years of hard work and dedication. It is always appreciated!

It is a nice place to work everyday is extraordinary for the PWS.

It is a nice place to work . There are a lot of opportunities to achieve the goals that you set for your own development.Supportive management , supportive staff, good quality training provided.

Relaxed and friendly

I work in Horley- Surrey for Seeability and I have been pleased to come across this company.Since I started working until date I have been doing my job with no interference or any worries whatsoever.Everybody tries to work in a team and be fair.We are been rewarded for every effort we put at helping the workplace to be stress free and pleasant as much as possible.Our salary have incresed twice in a matter of couple of months and there are lots of opportunities in terms of self development and earning extra money at Seeability.I recommend this place if you are looking for a good environment to work in.

Bad management

The manager and one of the deputy managers have their favourites and if your not one of them, then there is no place for you there. The shifts are ran by the nurses and seniors but some support workers seem to think they run the shifts. A lot of the time you work back to back shifts while very short staffed. If there is a problem the management doesn't care. Would not recommend working for Seeability at all.

Cons

Back to back shifts, poor management.

14 March 2022
Thank you for providing a review and your thoughts on working for the home. We are sorry that your experience working in the home didn't live up to your expectations. We will feedback your initial concerns to the management team at the home. If you would like to discuss it further, please get in touch with the HR team.

Friendly and caring

I've worked with seeability for 5 years in a supported living home where I care for 6 individuals, every person has such an amazing, unique personality in their own way. Everyday day is different and full of activities...you can take individuals to morning tea and coffee, to day trips out and even on holiday. I love to see them smile and be happy as I'm making a change in their life as well as mine, it's an overwhelming feeling.

Pros

Enjoying days out

Cons

Lack of staff

Relaxed and calm envinronment

If you want to compare the people we support with others from other companies, they don t have serious behaviour challenges, so it s not difficult to work for them. Some of them they have capacity, so it is a pleasure to support them doing their activities. They have lots of activities where they need to attend, so every day is different and you can have a lot of fun at work. The colleagues are helping you if you are at the beginning and what I really like the most is that you can choose most of your shifts how you want to work and if it s possible they will offer you the days you can work.

Very worthwhile company to work for.

SeeAbility is the forerunner in supporting adults with complex disabilities and visual impairment. The training is excellent and the support given to employees in the first few months is good. The company ethos is positive, inclusive and encouraging. Never two days the same, and the feeling of having made a difference to others lives is reward in itself.

A great charity to work for

I have worked for Seeability for 6 months now and I find them to be a great employer. My manager is very supportive and we have great team spirit where everyone helps each other out. We were given bonuses at Christmas and breakfast during January while we had to work extra hours due to Covid. I would definitely recommend it as a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SeeAbility. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare SeeAbility with

Learn about SeeAbility in popular locations

• SeeAbility