Selby Jennings

Selby Jennings Employee Reviews for Consultant

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 6 reviews

Fun Work Space, But Long Hours and Unrealistic Goals

I started my career at Selby Jennings thinking I would have this career for at least a few years. However, I was out of there in about 8 months. The days are very long and extremely difficult to get use to (10 plus hours a day). Managers there are very money driven, and if you didn't start off as one of the 10 people who helped grow out the NYC office, there is no room for growth, no matter how hard you work. Its all luck with this type of recruiting job, and if you don't hit the "targets" set by your managers, you are labeled as "lazy" or "not working hard enough". They attract young, out of college kids because they make promises they can't keep, such as guaranteeing that you will make over 80,000$ your first year off commission, which is completely unrealistic. However, since everyone in the company is so young and energetic, it does make for a very fun working environment. Maybe not the most professional, but definitely fun. Random outings, company paid trips, Thursday night Pub night, Team Nights just to name a few of the fun things the company does to bring the company together. Overall, very good learning experience, but wouldn't exactly suggest it to somebody who is just coming out of college and doesn't want to end up in recruiting for the rest of their lives.

Pros

Fun Co-workers, Company Sponsored Events

Cons

Poor Management, Long Work Hours, Unrealistic Goals, Low Paying Salary, No Room For Growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Selby Jennings. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

3.8Job security/advancement
  • Selby Jennings
  • Consultant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?