Selby Jennings

Selby Jennings Employee Reviews for Principal

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 6 reviews

High Pressure, High Reward

If you are content with earning $80k a year and working 9-5, then this is not the right place for you. If you are okay with grinding a bit harder and making $130k-$160k or even more, then this is where you should be. This probably won't happen in your first year, but is a very real possibility in your second or third. I have seen some people make $100k+ in their first year, although it is not common. Any sales job comes with pressure/stress and long hours, including this one. A lot of the negative reviews are harping on this aspect of the business, but if you don't like these things, then you should not be at a recruitment agency or doing sales. We actually work less hours than most other recruitment firms. We also recently put a flexible working hour policy in place which lets individuals that have shown success within the business leave up to an hour earlier than our normal hours. I've had a positive experience with management - being taught everything from the ground up from day one, being pushed and motivated to work harder and better. From an opportunity standpoint, this is one of the most meritocratic environments ever. It doesn't matter what your ethnic, academic, or prior work background is. The top performers are the ones who get the opportunities for advancement first and it's all about the money you bring in - there is a leaderboard that everyone has access to which makes it pretty crystal clear who is doing well. There are 25 and 26-year-olds that are managing teams of 5+ individuals, some even at 10+. This is not common at most companies and this is why -

Pros

high earnings potential, great people to work with, fun incentives, not a corporate environment

Cons

pressure to perform

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Selby Jennings. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2