Selco Builders Warehouse

Selco Builders Warehouse Employee Reviews

Fairly relaxed place to work

Transport manager is clueless and isn’t willing to listen to any advice given. Work home life balance not the best, health and safety go way to far, Branch manager and deputy have no clue about what there doing and are trying to keep everyone happy and it just doesn’t work.

Pros

Good rate of pay

Cons

Poor management

Poor management

Management is very poor here they don’t communicate with each other. As for training that is poor too you get upto 2 weeks of basic training and then left on your own to it on with it. Everyone is basically left to there own devices to get on with jobs even if they are not sure what they are doing with hardly any help. Well As for the trade counter everyone is trying to do each other jobs then loads of things gets mixed up and no one wants to takes responsibility for it. The lies that are told to customers is absolutely unreal. Many of customers are promised things that the company can’t fulfill. Many of the products on the shelf’s are priced incorrectly and the company does absolutely nothing about correcting it. Also for deliveries I never seen a company with so many fail deliveries and then lies to the customers why they didn’t deliver. Well for admin staff they are completely rude and unprofessional and they even scan the company receipts and writes a review for the company their selfs to make the company look good. The company is a complete shambles & a joke

Pros

Good salary & good on site cafe

Cons

Poor management & no prospect

Selco thurrock van driver horrible place to work after new management

Worked at selco west thurrock as a delivery driver from September 2020 until July 2021, started of a good organised place to work after a big change of management the place went down hill, employes leaving left right and centre but no one could see the problem even the regional manager. The organisation in the store was horrendous. Inexperienced staff running departments. Having to work through lunch hours and overtime and Only getting paid for normal hours. Having to deliver ridiculous heavy items for one person to carry with doing a manual handling course which meant nothing at the end of the day. Anything that was against the rules was ok if it suited the management. In the end if you complained management made up lies and stories to cover their own mistakes. Certain trade desk people would over sell stock that was not even in stock at the store so you would have to go to other stores to pick up missing items before your delivery, wasting time and petrol. If you're looking for a nice job avoid this one at all costs.

Pros

Going home

Cons

Going to work

Great Place To Work

Working in the York Dept. as a Hiab Driver great company Benefits and great staff to work with.Strict H&S policy so no worries about driving limits being breached or infringements and decent wagons to drive as well maintained.The management are great and all the staff work all as a team.Really enjoyable place to work just a shame about the commute for me otherwise would still be there.I would recommend working here.

Pros

Cons

Non

Wouldn’t recommend bad management and company perspective on ethnicity people

No good words said about Mitcham store No comments needed. As well as the customers bring disrespectful atmosphere. Management are big on discrimination. Learn a lot from the company for better experiences in life, however some of the team was very supportive.

Management are useless

Barely any training and support, managers happy to twiddle their thumbs while customers queue up waiting to be served, when asking for help you get treated like a moron by troglodytes that have zero people skills...However the rest of staff can be incredible.

Pros

Cafe

Cons

Management, pay flexibility

Business running by Incompetent people

You can't plan your day as you getting push to do more and more work every day.You can't develop your self as management make you do massive step backward with your work achievement self confidence at work and work culture. It's so enjoy to Cooperates with all that Incompetent managers.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Everything a part of pros

Don’t be fooled by the salary

I wanted to leave it for 24hrs after exiting this company, before writing a review.This is by no means, a bitter rant, it is an honest account of my experience within the company.So, initially, I was drawn by the wage. 29k is a good wage for a class 2 driver.Their speed at supplying relevant training, was impressive.Forklift and side loader training within the first few weeks of starting. And my hiab refresher too.All of which, was fake!!! It was impossible to fail. The answers to every written test, were either handed to you to fill in, or were read out to you.At this point, alarm bells are ringing.A nice gesture the company makes, is handing out “Rewards” to the group as a whole. Pizzas, doughnuts etc. None of which, I ever accepted, personal choice. I reward my pets with food treats....it just felt the same!!“Some” staff are friendly and approachable. You always get the odd few that clearly have places in “deliverance” or “The hills have eyes”The branch I was lumbered with, every second person was a manager!! Maybe giving them a position with a title, will encourage them to perform better? This clearly failed.My original position was to be a driver out of a local hub. After visiting it, I’m glad to be out of the company. But good luck to anyone that ends up there.Very quickly, I became demoralised. Staff slating each other....other staff slating the people I would have been working for.....it just ruined the whole experience.One in a managerial position, couldn’t tell me the load capacity of the vehicle. Didn’t even know how to eject a tacho card!! -

Pros

Wage

Cons

Poorly organised loading. Constant lies to staff and customers. Clueless management.

Ok

It was ok but some of the staff are helpful and others are not the time to start is silly who gets up that early job role is a bit boring and the staff don't get u other members of staff I no who work there even started to get annoyed the only thing good is the cafe the cafe the bee neees

Okay workplace

The job its self was actually open and the staff are very friendly but the management was just all wrong and they didn't really care about you as a person. Other then that its was a job you could just turn up and do and then go home. Not really stressful.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Cons

Bad management

Jobs at Selco Builders Warehouse

See more jobs

It was a well working place just sad the manager I had wasn’t the best or I’d still be working there

Working nights at Selco was the best job I’ve actually had. I like the people I was working with and the other staff I’ve met that does days, If I could work there again I’d do so within a HEARTBEAT. Just a shame the manager I had did hire me after 8 mouths but chose someone else that took credit for my hard work

Pros

No I worked nights

Cons

9 hour shifts

Lazy coworkers

All good but most of cooworkers was lazy at my site when they see your working most of young workers hiding betwen the shelfs doing nothing chating.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Luck of training to work in team for young people

Great company

It was great to work for Selco. They supported me with new initiatives that I implemented after I was hired. The manager was very flexible with the working hours to fit my family life.

Pros

They make me feel valued

Cons

Low salary

Worst place to work for

Horror show of a company when I worked there. Store Manager didn’t know what he was doing and was only using they place to get another managers job near to home . Don’t care about staff and anyways has something to moan about once a task is complete.

Pros

Good food in cafe

Cons

Everything to do with the place

friendly atmosphere

Friendly and collaborative work culture with some flexibility required from employees about shift work and week end work. Competitive and target oriented to a certain degree.

Pros

Flexible to certain extend and bonus

Cons

week end commitment to work and shift duties

Excellent business model. Apart from shift patterns

Would happily return if the wages were a little more realistic. Great business model and fantastic benefits. Some excellent staff and excellent ideas.

Pros

Excellent benefits

Cons

Bad rota planning

Bad company to work for Run for your life don’t waste your time.

It was most stressful company. I ever work for. Management stress you out specially if they don’t like you. Management don’t care about you they care for themselves. No matter how good you are they don’t see it. Don’t work there save your life. If you want a job you can work and be happy not here. You will be dressed Everyday and is not job stressing you is management and some bad colleagues too. You will be sad every day. Run

Pros

Bad company to work for

Cons

Because of management poor

Productive but no support

I loved working there with the employees amazing atmosphere different to being on the tills as I was shopfloor. But they didn’t help you. Was like one rule for one and one rule for another.

Pros

Amazing people to work with

Cons

They don’t help you like they say they will

Good job to start your working life with of you like working with kids

The only thing about the job that is a little difficult is the shifts otherwise the job is great and the managers andy and ross are great always a good crack but when neededthey handle problems brilliantly all the staff get on great and help is always at hand if needed all round great team.

Pros

Canteen

Cons

A few undiserables in the junour management team

Wouldn't recommend to an enemy.

Awful and incompetent management who don't appreciate hard working employees. No career progression and a lot of hard work for basic pay. I regret ever working for this company and the bunch of clowns who are useless as managers.

Pros

Cons

Bad management

Great people to work with

like most jobs people come and go. I work with some brilliant people who have become great friends. The management team are good and will help out on the trade desk and shop floor.

Pros

Looked after well especially during lockdown

Cons

need more staff, working weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Selco Builders Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7