Select Healthcare

Select Healthcare Employee Reviews

At the present moment with Corona Virus its very difficult for staff and families. Also Deaths have been in the work place .But as Team we are pulling through these difficult times.
17 June 2020
Thank you for your review. We hope you are receiving all of the support on offer to our staff whilst in this pandemic.
Shocking place to work, home manager an absolute nightmare Not appreciated at all and too much work expected with very little pay or appreciation. Do not work here
Pros
Cons
Not appreciated and picked on
I worked at Primecare in Basildon. The managers were unprofessional, unsupportive and completely unapproachable.They let their favorites get away with constantly breaking rules, turn up late and allow the school playground bully culture to thrive between staff.
Cons
Long hours, bully culture, unprofessional management
Under staffed, poor management, non confidential. Disregard for staff and residents.Poor quality food , poor quality care by senior members of staff.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Short staffed, due to new manager cutting down to save money. Therefore putting residents and staff at risk.
13 January 2021
Thank you for your honest feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve and become better for both our residents and our employees. If you do wish to escalate your concerns, please contact head office on 01384 217 900. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate people.
If you like being treated well by management , love support, have a good work life balance and be appreciated then please don’t go there . I liked most of the care staff but they were clearly unhappy there but needed an income . Some of the staff brown nose too much to managers but then are sacked when they find new brown nosers .
Pros
Leaving after a shift
13 January 2021
What can I really say about this place I would never work for the home again I felt like I dont belong there and the staff some are nice and the rest are 2 face and if your not in the click with one of the senior and her best pal you anit got a chance there no wonder there so many staff leave more then food coming out the kitchen the work load is to much
Pros
The home manager
Cons
Some staff
13 January 2021
Staff and management are rude and unprofessional. People are very rude and don’t seem to care about the residents at all. My experience there was short but I had an awful time so had to leave the job
Pros
Cons
Extremely unprofessional
16 November 2020
Lovely place to work, feels like family, amazing staff, lovely residents, you fit in like part of the furniture. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for a job.
Pros
Amazing team to work with
Cons
Really long hours sometimes
16 November 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Its nice to know you enjoyed your time working for Select!
Horrible place to work manager is a Jekyll and Hyde character or Bi-polar. Smokes all day with most of her lazy staff. The krays were more honest than her. Cover ups well yes they need an undercover investigator to reveal the happenings in that place, Bullying and favouritism if you don't lie for her you don't fit in to her click. DON'T work here avoid like the Coronavirus she allowed spread through the building
Pros
You having a laugh
Cons
How long you got
16 November 2020
Island Court (Coseley) Terrible experience at this Home, Residents really lovely. Most of the Staff and Manager spend more time outside Smoking. Leave most of care to other staff, so residents suffer. They Gossip about staff. Couldn't work there any longer Manager not fair say no more.
Pros
Cons
Unfairness
16 November 2020
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Select Healthcare?
Shocking workplace. Management Let abuse go on, even when reported. Manager is a bully along with deputy, some staff are amazing and the place wouldn't run without them but others shouldn't be carers. Residents can be left in dirty pads to walk around in, they are also ignored when they ask to go to the toilet..
Pros
The residents
16 November 2020
Do not work there . The management are a disgrace they bully staff which is why people leave . They have hardly any experienced staff and the care is poor . The manger makes people cry . Seniour care assistants think they are management and also bully staff
Pros
Cons
Awful place bad management
16 November 2020
During 5 months of working there - received no uniform of any kind and no ID badge... However, they charge ÂŁ4 from your salary every month for drinks regardless! Poor management and non-existent leadership, very low morale, constantly hearing swearing from members of staff, seeing bad manners and just rudeness. This place would suit someone really tough, who can develop in toxic workplace somehow without any support, and who finds joy in gossip and arguments. The company cares about the business only and it's obvious from what kind of residents they admit and whom they wouldn't let go of!
Pros
Free car park
Cons
Not appropriate room for staff to have a break
17 June 2020
Thank you for your honest feedback. We are dedicated to ensuring every single resident within the business is cared for, as we would care for our own family. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate people.
I work for select healthcare is is ok company to work for hence I worked there before and I have returned to them. I enjoy the job it can be very rewarding but also very stressful. This job isn't for everyone but if you have a caring nature I would recommend this work.
Pros
Can be flexible
17 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Its nice to know you have enjoyed your time working for Select!
My time working at select healthcare was a great opportunity. Of course the work is fast paced, we are working in health and social care. Friendly staff, welcoming manager and happy residents
17 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Glad you hear you are enjoying your opportunity!
i have worked in Victoria Lodge for 2 months and i love the place because i got to interact with wonderful residents very funny and smiley .. and you can tell that the residents are very well looked after by the staff . The home manager is good and supportive and most of the time hands on towards the lovely residents.When i decided to quit she was very helpful trying to transfer me from another carehome under the same company.
Pros
good working hours
17 June 2020
Thank you for your review. It's nice to hear you are supported in your role!
The manager is nice I did 2 shifts and left due to staffing being 1 nurse and 1 carer down stairs and one senior and 1 carer up you have to put people to bed and administer medication while jugling housekeeping etc the residential unit as end of life residents and the nurse comes up to administer drugs I've never known this in a residential home
17 June 2020
Thank you for your honest feedback. Island Court is a Nursing home hence the reason for Nurses. We're always looking for ways to improve and become better for both our guests and our employees. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate people.
I love my job as as a nurse and always wanted to be a nurse from age of 6 .I have had alot of experience in different fields of care from being a carer myself working in care homes, on the community then in a hospital where I was seconded by trust to do my nursing I stayed in the trust for 12months but then went into nursing home care setting .
17 June 2020
Thank you for your honest feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve and become better for both our guests and our employees. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate people.
Would not recommend! Majority of staff unhelpful and in most cases bullying, you feel belittled for even doing your job. Very poor quality of care, constantly being asked to do more, very stressful.
17 June 2020
Horrible management, two faced staff, one rule for one and none for the other. Lazy unresponsive staff, the managers are none existent and if you are not friends with their tight group then good luck, they have all known each other since school so it's basically staff full of family. You'll have no career and talking about problems just gets you fired. GDPR out the window and they couldn't care less.
17 June 2020
Thank you for your honest feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve and become better for both our guests and our employees. If you do wish to escalate your concerns, please contact head office on 01384 217 900. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate people.
I love my job, it is is very rewarding, the home is like home from home with lovely decor and surroundings, great team who work very hard, excellent manager who is very hands on and is always out on the floor working as part of the team...wonderful place to work!
Pros
very supportive manager, lovely homely place to work
Cons
can be fast paced but rewarding
17 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback! It is great to hear that your are enjoying your role!
  1. Employee reviews