Selecta
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Selecta Employee Reviews

United Kingdom81 reviews

Can be busy

Too many big chiefs know very little about the work they only see figures and what the money men require to get bonuses I had a great boss at Cumbernauld who thankfully took over bellshill sadly we are both finished due to the cuts

Pros

Not a lot maybe the free coffee if the machine works

Cons

Merchandisers will be hard pushed now with the cut backs

Relaxing, good management and great hour of work

Good people and management. Was employed to work in a brand new depot in high Wycombe. After getting the stock in and setting up the warehouse, also going to other depots for training unfortunately the company decided to pull out of the opening of the new depot so had to be laid off. This was very disappointing because I really enjoyed my short time working for them

Pros

No weekends. .7.30am to 4.30pm Mon to Friday

Cons

Minimum wage. Only disadvantage

They made me feel so welcome. The training I got was spot on, I learnt so much from all of them. I would recommend this place to anybody. I wish I had worked for them years ago. I got made redundant last year cause of COVID, if that hadn't of happened I would still be there now. Lovely people excellent company. Loved it.

Pros

To many to mention

Cons

Not enough pay

One of the worst places to work - Leaders have no idea!!!

The Senior Management Team spend LOADS of time promoting how good they ARE with their lovely presentations & new marketing tools. However, at the end of the day its about providing a good service to the Clients, which they are unable to achieve... As for the staff they are at the bottom of the list! They are just interested in one thing themselves and profit!AVOID!

Non productive

Difficult company to work for miss managed constant turnover of engineers and call centre staff, no advancement and a very poor training program, abusive management towards individuals.

Pros

Working on own

Cons

Extensive driving

Not the best place to work

No communication at all from team leaders or the manager, you never know what is happening and you’ll be told about massive changes with a days notice.Poor equipment, call centre staff equipment is terrible and is constantly not working. Then IT will take days to get anything sorted so your unable to do anything.Horrible work environment, it had a very school yard feel to it, as it’s very Clicky (if your face fits vibes). You don’t feel valued at all and it is clear that you are just a replaceable number to them. Before new management took over it was a wonderful place to work, unfortunately since and especially more since COVID it has gone down hill and it doesn’t feel like a nice place to work for anymore.

Pros

Ability to work from home

Cons

Poor work environment, no communication

Great Place To Work

An extremely good bunch of people coming together to create a fantastic team that delivers quality and service at every turn. Highly recommend working here.

Pros

Extensive travel

Cons

None that I came across in my particular experience of working there.

Awful

Mess you around constantly changing work pattern, lie about overtime benefits, arrange meetings that never happen, hr ignore you for weeks. Management mislead you to what changes are coming and lie about what is expected of you. Forced overtime that they lie about pay rates for.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Bad management who lie constantly

helpful friendly supportive

Due to being made redundant because of covid absolutely gutted to be be finished absolutely love that job and my boss was fantastic always on the phone if you need them

Pros

Lunch when you want

Sometimes stressful

I enjoyed working there the first year. After that management started to change a lot, even high management. Since then everything was stressful and hard. Couldn't cope with workload. I feel sorry for the ex colleagues which they are and were great.

Pros

Take van home

Cons

Long hours poor management

Terrible place to work Avoid at all costs

When I first started it was a great Company. Since Pelican Rogue has taken over it is terrible. Too much work, not interested with clients or staff. You had to take work home daily as they piled too much on you - never got paid overtime. was never praised or encouraged. Higher management have NOT got a clue and no man management skills!No loyalty from the Company but they wanted you to breath Selecta.It is who you know and not what you know.Was a great Company to work for but it all changed once they merged with PR.

Pros

Free Parking

Cons

Long hours, treated like a dog

Treat staff and customers Terrible

I have never worked for such a terrible company, they treat there staff and customers so disgusting. They are losing customers on a daily basis due to poor service. No one within the back office will take responsibility for a customer complaints, just pass it around like hot potatoe. They do not fill the machines as not enough staff on the ground (plenty in management though) and then have the check to put price rises in without informing customers (shambles and embarrassing) Are only interested in keeping management and shareholders happy. Head management are not interested in the customers or staff.. Would definitely not work for this company. Staff and customer engagement 0% they do not pay you your commission

Productive great pay

Quick joining process, personally got me into work within a few days, competitive pay, very understanding agency. All over phone/email made process easier especially in the interview process.

Pros

Pay, great agents.

Cons

the worst vending company in the world

poor management, too many bosses for nothing;they have not given a pay rise for over 11 years, not even inflation;the lowest vending wages in the world, no one happy to work on this money and everyone is making fun of company and customers;no future, they lose clients every day;

Pros

nothing

Cons

unpaid overtime

Its ok, but wouldnt hold my Horses for long term employment cos they will only get rid of you to promote more managers!!

Made redundant despite being an engineer for over 20 years, cutting the workforce down during this Covid19 season because "Selecta" dont have money to keep engineers on after furlough BUT whilst this is going on they are Promoting Managements to higher positions and looking to employ more managers and Account Officers on Job websites, its all out there on job sites, so we getting made redundant who have kids/families to look after whilst they are trying to save money in the business is what they say!!! Funny eh????? And its Business is also what they say.. Not a very good conpany to work for!! Too many Chief's and not enough indians,...... just keep away!! Managers will only look after managers!! Aslong as they get their £3500 a month they dont care about nothing else!You havr been warned.

Pros

Free snacks and drinks if your a thief!

Cons

Start early and finish early!

Nightmare and looked for reason to get rid

The company offered me the job start of 1 month and took them over a month to process me into payments and didn't receive wage correctlyGot offered 4 weeks training and was only given 3 weeks (last week I had holiday but when came back didn't finish my training) and was expected to just go out and do the job not 100% confident management didn't care.My experience got worse, my route that I knew which was local turned into me driving around England and bits of Wales so now I was doing a reliefs job for less wage then should of got. Certain management have no management skills and only concerned about the business and not staff happiness. You would only get paid for 8 hours in a day and if jobs wasn't completed you were made to feel even worse then already did and not good at the job. No reason was good enough expected to work overtime for free. I loved this type of work but this experience has got me trying to change career paths. Selecta was first vending company I learned about and biggest disappointment to work for.

Pros

Provide van, uniform

Cons

Long hours, no overtime, training incomplete

Good Work place

All good working conditions, company is very flexible towards your needs and the work can be shared if there is too much . Lots of sample snacks and food, they have a summer barbeque every year which is well organised and with lots of food, the Christmas lunches are really good.

Pros

Very good Atmosphere, great samples of food, great coffee choice

Cons

can get crowded by sales people

Lovely office environment.

No support from management up the ladder.Pass the book, it's not my problem ethos. They want everything done now.No training or guidence.No support.No where to progress to.No pay rises

Pros

Free tea and coffes

Cons

No real guidence, its more if a do as i say company, no one is interested in your ideas its a pass the book kind of culture.

A lot of improvement needs to be done in the company

A company who I was happy to work for 1 year and then it went sideways since acquisition of PR. Everything has changed and got ridiculously bad. Not a pleasant job anymore. For the money you get, you need to fulfill many responsibilities. There are better jobs out there. NO RECOGNITION WHATSOEVER

Pros

Working on your own

Cons

Management pushing too much. Unachievable targets. They trust a computer and not you as an employee.

For this size of company it should be run alot better

Worked at a smaller but fantastic vending company before selecta took them over. As soon as they started the move over it went down hill. ALL of the office staff ( about 20 ) either were made redundant or left due to being treated poorly. Told of a brand new local depot for us. Didn't happen. The merchandisers felt like we were told lies to keep us onside for the merger. So a 3 hour round trip to Stone every week to fill your van instead. Was a job I really enjoyed but now you are treated as a number and given unrealistic jobs to do in the time you have as they don't pay overtime. I was told by the head of engineering ' we measure everything on figures so we expect you to fix machines ' Don't want your figures to look bad mate!

Pros

Get to take the van home

Cons

Clueless management care about figures more than staff, no communication, no overtime pay, out of date tech, lots of lies to keep you sweet, weekend work.

Shocking

Very unprofessional no idea what they are doing. Spend massive amounts of money on technology and have clowns planning routes. Zero trying to achieve its target markets. Very unhappy customers throughout and bad customer service

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Selecta. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement

Compare Selecta with

• Selecta
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?