Selfridges

Selfridges Employee Reviews

I was a part of the Christmas team a few years ago & it was such a great experience. Aside from spotting the odd celeb or two, the management & associates were incredible to work with. I was grateful to have had my contract extended & would have continued working there if it weren’t for university commitments.
Pros
30% staff discount
Cons
Quiet periods
I started working here in december with an agency. overall the enviroment is pretty good, colleagues and people are amazing, I became kind of internal team leader in 2 weeks because I handle very good my position and other positions in the deparment, they maked me a very nice and cute publication in their internal social media. but the job finished the last week of january because low online orders. I wanted to keep working there but i couldn't. I think I am returning soon, but with the agency again and how they didnt offered me a contract directly with selfridges I am looking for other job. because with the agency Is just €9 per hour €6.72 after taxes and they just pay 6.00 hours per day, so I cant give the best of me in selfridges with that few money to live. but anyways very amazing place
Pros
amazing enviroment
Cons
few money and hours(with agency)
the environment is so stressful, brands are pushing their staff so hard to make the sales even though it isn't very rewarding. Managers are clueless and don't deal with staff as human. Some areas are very slow-paced and dead. Customers are polite and nice. Rules are extra strict in terms of looks and outfits. Overall, My work work experience ever.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
everything
Friendly place, amazing management. Check and control of the work, tasks and goods! Always you ask a question always they give you answers. Correct guidelines
it’s a laid back job and your just done as your told and go with the flow given it’s quite a big company you do make friends and establish great work relationships given the events that they do which is quite nice. The environment was quite toxic there was a huge divide between staff and they made a distinction between “original” “agency” “temp”. And personally it took me a good few months to settle. There is a huge competition between staff you work with given the commission based work staff tend to abuse this system and take away sales from those who earned it, I’ve seen it with my own eyes where a co-workerHad took a sale off a new temp due to her “targets being low” they like to abuse their power in terms of how long they’ve worked for the company. Personally my manager was quite off putting as I felt targeted weather it was because I was new or hadn’t worked as long as everyone else I’m not sure.
Pros
Pay was good, especially given I was a student it was a great balance and there was plenty of over times
Cons
Personally my experience wasn’t as good as my manager was not the kindest, and the environment is quite toxic.
Absolutely chaotic Poor pay especially for store that takes millions every dayNo incentive You will have to pay for own uniform and no dry cleaning allowance No staff food, everything overpriced in staff canteen just to pump more money out of workers Took years to have a normal safe locker roomEveryone getting frisked daily Most people work there sad and stressed for years just to make 25k They should do drug and alcohol test daily Dirty store rooms, saw mice poo and even rats around You have to scan your hand to clock in but they had no sanitizer prior to covid Rude management Everyone with hangover daily they should have alcohol tests
Pros
You'll learn to leave retail
Cons
Chaotic rotas, hard to get time off, no overtime pay
Selfridges is an excellent company to work for. Everyone gets along with eachother and works as a team. We have a lot of benefits such as staff discount, long breaks and also company parties for christmas. All the managers are lovely and very understanding. Even during the COVID-19 situation we have been furloughed and selfridges has topped up the remaining 20% of our wage.
Pros
Very friendly environment
Cons
None.
The atmosphere is very stresfull and there is a lot of pressure on stuff especially frkm management whi desperately want to hit the target . Stuff isn't promoted through theirs experience but the fact if they are liked by managers.
Pros
comission
Cons
stress
I really enjoyed working at Selfridges as a Christmas Temp on the contemporary accessories team in Birmingham. Management were fair and the accessories manager at the time was one of the best managers I’ve had, he was supportive and really lead by doing and helping. I’d work there again happily! Lots of staff bonuses, commission if you achieved your sales, and a glamorous atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Employee schemes, staff cantine, friendly workplace
working with Selfridges so far was an amazing experience in comparison with the other jobs ive had. the balance in everything we do is amazing . hope to stay here in the years to come if not grateful ive managed to experience the Selfridges way of working:)
Pros
cool people, great teams, amazing management, surrounded by amazing fashion and designs' pleasure to go to work everyday
Cons
no cons at all
Not worth the hassle. Management doesn’t value employees. Sales associates are treated as insignificant. Colleagues were friendly but that’s about it.
Working as a customer service advisor, money isnt great but the hours are really good and the people are friendly, dress code is relaxed i hope my position goes permanent lots of overtime available to bump your money upTraining is good lots of practical exercises to do while learning a lot of information overload but its good.
Pros
Free tea/coffee/fruit
Cons
Minimum wage
Long hours on your feet all day, i was a agency worker and you get treated badly or like a less of a person because you are a agency worker. And the pay is low
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours, boring work, stuck up colleagues
The management favoured looks over work ethic A lot of micro-management and unfair treatment among staff.Employed really young inexperienced staff so sometimes it feels like babysitting when the store was busy. With the right team, it can be a fun place to work. Great staff areas.
Pros
Great Commission
Cons
Poor Management
I was a concession manager for 2 years, at first i thoroughly enjoyed it. However, you get treated a lot different to own bought team members. Because i was part of a concession i was excluded from a lot of thingsz in particular our brand never got any recognition for our hard work, we always had good customer feedback but this was never shouted about. Own bought team members think they're more superior than concession team members, they are rude and arrogant. The only thing that kept me going was my own small team, we just stuck together and ignored the rest. Management was okay, sales managers have split personalities one minute they love you the next they are shouting down your neck. Nothing pleases them. You can only make friends on your own floor/department, every other floor turns their nose at you especially 4th floor luxury designer. It was quite draining during peak times although we smashed our company targets, it simply wasnt enough for selfridges. We also didnt get staff discount but expected to give own bought team members discount off our concession!! Theres only perks to the job if you work directly for Selfridges, otherwise theres none. Security guards are more concerned about chatting up staff than doing their own job and vice versa. I would avoid.
Pros
Cons
Treated different to selfridges staff, security guards are weird and staff un-friendly
When I first started there as full time, it seemed to be dandy and I was excited. But, the cracks started to appear. I was in a department selling jackets, so they would freeze our room in order to sell jackets, probably below legal limit, RIGHT in winter which led to a lot of illnesses, then being penalised for actually being ill. Management have no consideration for your personal life or what you're going through unless you are their own personal lap dogs, and there is a very weird superiority complex. Genuinely a horrible place to work.
Pros
Good pay, good discount
Cons
No work life balance, horrible managment, don't care about. employees
start with clocking in, brief with other concessions located next to. your concession, opening. up and cleaning/ organising in order to open up and start the day
Managed well workplace, strict and smart casual wear.A typical day at work will be signing in, then attending the workplace, get started, try to make contact with customers, try to sell products.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Management too strict at times
If you love to work 24/7, it's the place for you. if you have other things going on in your life, it is very difficult to balance out your work and social life.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Over worked at times.
The most enjoyable aspect was direct interraction with clients and working in a vast paced environment. There is s lots of sales targets and KPIs pressure related to clients service and product knowledge. Management creates different levels of expectations and there is lack In consistency within sales styles and training thru out .
A busy day is usually jam packed with things to do but be wary that when it's quiet you'll be standing around for hours being bored. Pay is very fair for the job that you're doing and the benefits are excellent. If you're lucky you'll have a good team to work alongside with but management don't really show much empathy. They do praise you if you do well, though. Can be a bit overwhelming at times especially during peak periods but what retail job isn't.
Pros
Great staff discount
Cons
Unsupportive management
  1. Employee reviews