Selfridges
Happiness score is 65 out of 100

Selfridges Employee Reviews

Long hours on your feet all day, i was a agency worker and you get treated badly or like a less of a person because you are a agency worker. And the pay is low
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours, boring work, stuck up colleagues
Absolutely chaotic Poor pay especially for store that takes millions every dayNo incentive You will have to pay for own uniform and no dry cleaning allowance No staff food, everything overpriced in staff canteen just to pump more money out of workers Took years to have a normal safe locker roomEveryone getting frisked daily Most people work there sad and stressed for years just to make 25k They should do drug and alcohol test daily Dirty store rooms, saw mice poo and even rats around You have to scan your hand to clock in but they had no sanitizer prior to covid Rude management Everyone with hangover daily they should have alcohol tests
Pros
You'll learn to leave retail
Cons
Chaotic rotas, hard to get time off, no overtime pay
Selfridges is an excellent company to work for. Everyone gets along with eachother and works as a team. We have a lot of benefits such as staff discount, long breaks and also company parties for christmas. All the managers are lovely and very understanding. Even during the COVID-19 situation we have been furloughed and selfridges has topped up the remaining 20% of our wage.
Pros
Very friendly environment
Cons
None.
The atmosphere is very stresfull and there is a lot of pressure on stuff especially frkm management whi desperately want to hit the target . Stuff isn't promoted through theirs experience but the fact if they are liked by managers.
Pros
comission
Cons
stress
I really enjoyed working at Selfridges as a Christmas Temp on the contemporary accessories team in Birmingham. Management were fair and the accessories manager at the time was one of the best managers I’ve had, he was supportive and really lead by doing and helping. I’d work there again happily! Lots of staff bonuses, commission if you achieved your sales, and a glamorous atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Employee schemes, staff cantine, friendly workplace
working with Selfridges so far was an amazing experience in comparison with the other jobs ive had. the balance in everything we do is amazing . hope to stay here in the years to come if not grateful ive managed to experience the Selfridges way of working:)
Pros
cool people, great teams, amazing management, surrounded by amazing fashion and designs' pleasure to go to work everyday
Cons
no cons at all
Not worth the hassle. Management doesn’t value employees. Sales associates are treated as insignificant. Colleagues were friendly but that’s about it.
Working as a customer service advisor, money isnt great but the hours are really good and the people are friendly, dress code is relaxed i hope my position goes permanent lots of overtime available to bump your money upTraining is good lots of practical exercises to do while learning a lot of information overload but its good.
Pros
Free tea/coffee/fruit
Cons
Minimum wage
The management favoured looks over work ethic A lot of micro-management and unfair treatment among staff.Employed really young inexperienced staff so sometimes it feels like babysitting when the store was busy. With the right team, it can be a fun place to work. Great staff areas.
Pros
Great Commission
Cons
Poor Management
I was a concession manager for 2 years, at first i thoroughly enjoyed it. However, you get treated a lot different to own bought team members. Because i was part of a concession i was excluded from a lot of thingsz in particular our brand never got any recognition for our hard work, we always had good customer feedback but this was never shouted about. Own bought team members think they're more superior than concession team members, they are rude and arrogant. The only thing that kept me going was my own small team, we just stuck together and ignored the rest. Management was okay, sales managers have split personalities one minute they love you the next they are shouting down your neck. Nothing pleases them. You can only make friends on your own floor/department, every other floor turns their nose at you especially 4th floor luxury designer. It was quite draining during peak times although we smashed our company targets, it simply wasnt enough for selfridges. We also didnt get staff discount but expected to give own bought team members discount off our concession!! Theres only perks to the job if you work directly for Selfridges, otherwise theres none. Security guards are more concerned about chatting up staff than doing their own job and vice versa. I would avoid.
Pros
Cons
Treated different to selfridges staff, security guards are weird and staff un-friendly
When I first started there as full time, it seemed to be dandy and I was excited. But, the cracks started to appear. I was in a department selling jackets, so they would freeze our room in order to sell jackets, probably below legal limit, RIGHT in winter which led to a lot of illnesses, then being penalised for actually being ill. Management have no consideration for your personal life or what you're going through unless you are their own personal lap dogs, and there is a very weird superiority complex. Genuinely a horrible place to work.
Pros
Good pay, good discount
Cons
No work life balance, horrible managment, don't care about. employees
start with clocking in, brief with other concessions located next to. your concession, opening. up and cleaning/ organising in order to open up and start the day
Managed well workplace, strict and smart casual wear.A typical day at work will be signing in, then attending the workplace, get started, try to make contact with customers, try to sell products.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Management too strict at times
If you love to work 24/7, it's the place for you. if you have other things going on in your life, it is very difficult to balance out your work and social life.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Over worked at times.
The most enjoyable aspect was direct interraction with clients and working in a vast paced environment. There is s lots of sales targets and KPIs pressure related to clients service and product knowledge. Management creates different levels of expectations and there is lack In consistency within sales styles and training thru out .
A busy day is usually jam packed with things to do but be wary that when it's quiet you'll be standing around for hours being bored. Pay is very fair for the job that you're doing and the benefits are excellent. If you're lucky you'll have a good team to work alongside with but management don't really show much empathy. They do praise you if you do well, though. Can be a bit overwhelming at times especially during peak periods but what retail job isn't.
Pros
Great staff discount
Cons
Unsupportive management
Great, fun place to work. Its a fast pace environment and can some times get stressful during peak periods. Working in the perfumery hall is the busiest area of the store so got to meet lots of interesting clients, the hours are long as store closes 10pm
Pros
lots of staff benefits, fun instore events
Cons
very busy, stressful at times
Very stresfull environment to work, managers bully, treating stuff unfairly and with no respect. I wouldnt recommend if you are not ready to face difficulties and stress level in the shop.
Staff are bum lickers to management. Fake smiles too much makeup. No buddy scheme. Rubbish locker system. No bonus no payrise. The only good thing is the people I work with.
fun place to work with no pressure if you work for the own bought team: good salary and commission scheme; opportunity to progress if you are patience, resilient and a can do attitude; management could be better; process and procedures are inconsistent and unclear;
Really enjoyed my time hear, some really positive staff, definitely the best place to work in the retail industry. Management were very supportive and friendly
  1. Employee reviews