SEMICHEM

SEMICHEM Employee Reviews

It’s a decent company to work for as a driver do long hours and don’t spend much time at home due to being on the road a lot but that’s part of the job, pay could be better also
Good overall, relaxed working environment , easy going , 8 to 4 per day Monday to Friday , learned first aid , learned some new skills ie forklift and counter balance
Pros
Good working hours
Customer's are what made the job worth getting out of bed for but the senior management were a joke didn't encourage you to better yourself and gave you no support , I felt as if I were just a number glad to be out of it
Typically stacking shelves and organizing the store everyday. I learned a lot about retail work and how to operate in a retail environment. The store manager was an amazing person to work with she is really kind and hard working. Typically relaxed however on a Thursday every week it would get quite stressful at times. the hardest part was learning everything then forgetting it the next day. The most enjoyable part was just being a part of the staff there as they are all really amazing people.
I had this job as a Saturday job when I was still at school and continued it when I was at college a couple days a week. Really enjoyed it, friendly staff, good money.
Enjoyed working at Semichem. The Store Manager was very helpful. Enjoyed working with the team. My daily tasks included cash management and handling. We provided excellent customer service.
Friendly work colleagues and a strong team to work with. Nice environment to work within, can pick up extra shifts when available but would like more contracted hours
Pros
staff discount
Cons
saturday job (would like more regular hours)
working here is one of the best places, everyone gets on and we are always polite to customers. the hardest part of the job is getting stock out and serving customers at Christmas time
My job was very fun, I dealt with lovely customers and picked up what to do very quickly, and I had an amazing experience working with new people and memebers of the community.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long hours, short breaks
Was a good Saturday job to have when at school - good for some more money and get me in to working life and earning a living. Lovely staff and a good work ethic.
great time working for this company,great staff everyday different always kept on your toes.staff all fantastic,loved meating new people everyday and i loved being part of a team
Pros
staff discount
Cons
nil
Stock replenishment and ordering, till checks staff training Most enjoyable part, reaching targets set by head office Hardest part dealing with shop lifters
Different everyday and I get to meet new people. The team I work with are fantastic and work very hard. We are a family within kin the workplace and help each other when needed. we just don't like the stairs we have to walk up and down with delivery every week
Pros
Good team
Cons
stairs
Fun place toeork, great staff atmosphere. Good opportunities to progress. Looked after by company in time I worked there. Good holiday entitlement. Enjoyed my time there.
Great company to work for, they offer continuous support and are keen to listen to new ideas and any grievances. The staff there were a friendly bunch who helped each other and worked as a team.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
On the job training, no actual training scheme
This job was none stop. Which I really didn't mind! But, you did not know your shifts from one day to the next and they would change them very quickly too. you never really knew where you stood.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
not knowing shifts from one minute to the next
A busy atmosphere, constantly go go go. Always happy to see new customers everyday, especially those who were recommended to visit by previous customers.
Brilliant to work for, have no negative things to say about the staff and workplace enviroment, Good hours and local shops in the available area for easy access.
Pros
Various shops and location near by
Cons
Good place to work, friendly staff. Breaks are paid if under an hour. Managers are flexible and try to give you the time off you need. Never have to work beyond your finishing time.
Pros
Free breaks
Cons
A lot of customer service required as well as operating tills, deliveries working out the back loading and unloading as well as obtaining the ability to work flexible hours.
Men are not employed by this company. Only gossipy, nasty women get in. Don't bother with this one, unless you are middle-aged, female, and enjoy spreading lies about people.
Pros
It's nearby
Cons
Cramped store, poorly managed
  1. Employee reviews