Sensée ltd
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Sensée ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom112 reviews

booksuitcolleaguecommutetrainingchoosecontractsupport

Work life balance - not so good!

Currently employed by this business and not very happy. Consistently working over my contracted 40 hours per week. Sometime having to work 60 hours, so I am never able to achieve a work life balance, which is not aligned to their pillars nor their promotional advertising. You need a degree in human resources, consistently being asked to train others in the role making working week even longer. No appreciation for this in the form of salary, for which I haven't earned since the early 2000's, I appreciate that there are no commute costs but given cost of living crisis the small amount of tax you can claim back no longer covers the additional expenses especially since working double contracted hours does not cover. It is with sadness that I will be moving on because the company genuinely has some wonderful people working within it and they do try to make things better. There is a real lack of support for team leaders dealing with others problems and just being referred to the eap portal is frankly not good enough. Currently undertaking at my own cost private therapy to help me with these issues, feeling like my personality is not good enough and it needs to change, not protecting my characteristics at all! Good things. Lots of great people working for the business. Lots of effort put into ensuring processes are right and correct and changed where they can be improved. Some great workshops to attend to help and go through changes. Never sitting still and always looking at different ways to improve and change. Bad things. System issues can be appalling our main system for HR reporting -

Work life balance for me is great and have lots of friends that ill never meet

I love working for Sensee but then I work part-time and get the hours that suit me, however, if I worked full time I might need to spread my 8 hours over an 18-hour period or 7 days, Considering I don't see my workmate's faces feel I have lots of company, everyone is helpful and I work in an environment I love (My home)

Pros

Going to work in a onsie and slippers

Cons

You have to log in in your own time which can be up-to half hour & securing your hours

Insights into Sensée ltd

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Excellent, compassionate company

Great company ethos.Rally great and rewarding roles and opportunities to promote from within for those that are genuinely keen on progression and for those with great work ethic. Even better the work is brought to you!Work with some excellent clients with lots of good working relationships and friendships made along the way.

It’s bitter sweet

Some of the trainers I had on my time in training were lovely others had no awareness of the different learning styles and clearly loved the sense of authority they had over the group. The flexible working motto is a lie beware you will not be able to get the hours you want. If you don’t work every day when the extra hours are released they will be filled in for you whether or not you can do them. If you can’t do them you will be asked to use your holiday allowance to do these shifts. Some lovely people that work for this company and some managers. There are some managers that are very rude and belittling and treat you with no dignity as if you are a robot and not a human and talk down to you. If there’s anything else you are doing with your life such as studying or looking after a child don’t think you are going to be able to just pop and get them. You get stuck on calls and can’t get off even if it is your break time which you have scheduled in. You cannot go for your lunch break until you have completed all your outstanding tasks even if they run in to your lunch break. It’s awful, because as I have said not every person who works for this company is bad it’s just the selected few who make it dreadful. Although this is a home working role there is no work- life balance there. Be reminded that even if you are in a 20 hour contract you will be most likely doing 5-6 days min 4 days a week as you just can’t get shifts for more than a few hours a day due to the lack of availability. For the sake of your mental health do not do it.

Superb

Love working here, great opportunities and fantastic clients.Upper management really care, well, actually all management really care which makes it a great place to work.

16 November 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave your review and very glad to hear that you are enjoying your work-from-home role with Sensée. It is absolutely our aim to provide rich and fulfilling careers with the company and to support everyone to the best of our abilities. Paul Whymark, Chief Operating Officer, Sensée

Breath of fresh air to work from home and be supported. 7 weeks training where trainers go back and beyond to make sure we understand our role. They continue to support us once in our roles so we are never alone

16 November 2022
Really good to hear that you are enjoying your work-from-home role at Sensée and feel well supported.Paul Whymark, Chief Operating Officer, Sensée

Collaborative

A typical day at work would be fast paced yet not stressful which allows you to work at your best. The flexibility with the work hours is fantastic with how they allow you to decide what hours you would want to work which allows a great balance between your work and life.

7 November 2022
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Sensée and found a good work-life-balance by being able to self-select your own workday schedules. Paul Whymark, Chief Operating Officer, Sensée

Fully remote careers for people with creative flare and a passion to make a difference. Fast moving, energetic and collaborative remote working environment, which offers flexibility and career growth. With significant growth & change plans it is important you are suited to a changing environment. As with every good business, Sensee do not sit still and are actively enhancing all areas of the business with feedback from colleagues. Great place to work with superb helpful colleagues.

Pros

Collaboration and fun at work

Cons

Can be busy at times

26 October 2022
Thanks for the feedback. It’s great to hear you're enjoying your role in our Recruitment team. Very much agree and would reiterate all the points you raise, especially those that relate to the togetherness and joint sense of purpose that exists within the Sensée family. Paul Whymark, Chief Operating Officer, Sensée

Worst place I have ever worked by far

Definitely the worst place I have ever worked. So glad I found another job and left. Numerous colleagues complained about management, the work life balance, shift booking (you book your 30,40 hrs in 30 mins blocks) good luck getting the days you want. Worst systems I have ever worked with, again by far. The list goes on and on and on. Just get another job, I wish I never wasted my time. If you want some short term money do the 6 weeks induction, while looking for alternative work and leave as soon as you can :)

26 October 2022
It’s very disappointing to read your review. While the role was clearly not for you, many colleagues have been with the business for many years and enjoy both the challenge of the day-to-day work and the flexibility that working-from-home (WFH) can deliver. This site has many reviews that echo those sentiments. While other reviews point to problems that people have experienced in working-from-home, it’s important to stress our strongly held belief that WFH is not for everyone. However, for those that are suited to WFH, the last few years have proven that it can deliver a rewarding work experience, give the flexibility to work around other daily commitments, and remove the time-wasted and cost of the daily commute. Paul Whymark, Chief Operating Officer, Sensée

Felt like part of a team, very good management

I enjoyed my time with Sensee, and felt supported. The management, Team Leaders were excellent. The hours were good mainly, pay could have been more. The job was quite stressful.

Pros

Good company treats everyone well and fair

Cons

Was more stressful than I though, calls were always back to back

17 October 2022
Great to hear that you enjoyed your work-from-home role at Sensée and felt well supported. We'll be delighted to pass on your comments to our Managers, Team Leaders and other support personnel.

Terrible

1) pay for your own equipment, new monitor, phone, headset, webcam. They offer bundles now for a ‘ competitive’ price of £500!! 2) Monday mornings consist of racing against your colleagues to book shifts in for the week, there’s not enough hours to book so you’ll be left short and have gaps in your day so it’s not productive. You’re then expected to drop everything once your manager books shifts in for you which you can’t work. ( usually find out that Monday morning for the week ) 3) no commission, no incentives, well they say they do but you can get up to a whopping 20£ a month. 4) Make sure you can use the toilet under 3 minutes or you won’t get paid after the 3:00 timer is up. 5) you can’t talk to your colleagues, only on live desk in a social chat, but can only talk about food and cats. 6) they told a load of colleagues off for having a WhatsApp chat. So colleagues can’t even have a work chat? ( probably because they know they’d complain about how poorly the company is run ) 7) control you and don’t care about employees. Just a number.

Pros

Given the world in interview

Cons

Lies and false promises

26 October 2022
Sorry to read that you were unhappy at the company but feel that I need to respond to some of the points you make. First, yes, we operate a Bring Your Own Device (BYPD) model but we are far from being the only homeworking company to operate this model. We do so because we believe it is the most sensible system for us and for our employees. Sensée employees benefit from working from home with no commuting costs, no time lost travelling to and from work, flexible working patterns and great career opportunities. However it would be virtually impossible for us to maintain equipment in over a thousand homes that cover the length and breadth of the country. To facilitate colleagues purchasing their own equipment we provide access to a cost-effective source of appropriate hardware and extensive IT support. If the suggested £500 IT bundle is selected, £250 of this is reimbursed after 6 months service with Sensée and full £500 repaid after 12 months service with Sensée.Second, we are very clear about remuneration in all our recruitment adverts. Sensée is committed to paying the Real Living Wage (RLW) and, on 22nd September 2022, the RLW Foundation announced that the Real Living Wage will be £10.90 for the UK and £11.95 for colleagues within London - with Sensée committed to implementing this increase within the guidelines provided. In addition, for employees outside London, we pay an incentive of up to £1.05 an hour dependant on performance, length of service and client account. And thirdly, there are absolutely no restrictions placed on what can be discussed within the Social -

Easy to progress

I’ve been working at Sensee for around 6 months and already have been able to progress to Deputy Team Leader. Team Leaders are very supportive and arrange one to one’s to go over any issues you have.

Pros

Pick your own shifts

26 October 2022
Glad to hear that you have settled in well and congratulations on your promotion. Also glad to hear that you are enjoying the work life balance benefits that come with picking your own shifts. If there is any further support you require in your new role, don’t be afraid to ask. We’re more than happy to help. Paul Whymark, Chief Operating Officer, Sensée

Fantastic from top to bottom

I started with Sensée in December 2021, I had an in depth induction process and was introduced to many different departments and this gave me a great understanding of how the Sensée business model works and how our great people are the heart of this business. My work / life balance has not ever been this good, as a father, partner & dog owner. I work in the Business Development team, and my skills have only been developed in this role. Every member of the C-Suite offer support and advise on anything I am working on. And I feel truly respected and supported by my manager. I have worked in this industry for 10 years in November 2022, and the last 9 months has been so refreshing, Sensée care for their people, and you feel it.

26 October 2022
Great to hear that you have felt well supported during your time at Sensée, and are enjoying the better work-life-balance that homeworking can bring. We wish you every success as you progress your career with us.

Robotic unhealthy working environment

Given no included breaks only lunch which you are not paid for. So no paid break at all. You have to buy all your own equipment, paid minimum wage and they expect you to work like a dog. Like the matrix but in a bad way - do not enter.

Pros

£5 Amazon voucher incentives

Cons

£5 Amazon voucher incentives

26 October 2022
Sorry to hear that you have experienced issues at work. If you continue to struggle with your particular work environment, and don’t think it is for you, please speak to your Team Leader and ask whether there are any modifications we can make to your workload or working hours, or speak to our Recruitment team about opportunities on other accounts that may suit you better. Also, just to clarify three points: 1. We pay for all the hours that our employees work plus enable colleagues to self-select many of their own work hours - right down to 1-2 hour shifts where requested. Within a shift, short breaks (including comfort breaks) are absolutely allowed and encouraged. 2. With regards salary levels, Sensée is a Real Living Wage employer which means that currently UK adviser colleagues living outside London receive £9.90 per hour plus an incentive of up to £1.05 an hour dependant on performance length of service and client account. Employees living in London receive remuneration of £11.05 per hour. 3. The company operates a Bring Your Own Device (BYPD) model but we are far from being the only homeworking company to operate this model. We do so because we believe it is the most sensible system for us and for our employees. Sensée employees benefit from working from home with no commuting costs, no time lost travelling to and from work, flexible working patterns, and great career opportunities. However it would be virtually impossible for us to maintain equipment in over a thousand homes that cover the length and breadth of the country. To facilitate colleagues purchasing -

Most stressful and least rewarding job

This job is not like any other customer service role . You are required to learn a whole lot . There’s two steps to the training . 4 weeks of classroom style learning which is basically the trainer reading a hundred slides a day . It was very intense and extremely boring. Then there’s Gradbay which lasts 7 weeks . You are going to take live calls by then , it’s classed as training but it’s really not . The only thing is you will get support during those 7 weeks where you can ask the SME’s questions on the live desk or ask them to support you in teams. They said gradbay is part of training but a few weeks in they expect us to get on with it ourselves and they decreased the support we are getting . The systems are slow and outdated . No matter how many times we complain they do nothing to sort it out and just want you to get on with it . They download all these apps on your PC which will slow it down quite a bit .The pay is not matching to the workload we have to do . You might think the salary is quite good for a customer service role until you actually start doing the work and you realise we are actually not getting paid for the level of work we are doing . This role made me stressed and depressed. Even when my shift ended I couldn’t help but stress about the job . I couldn’t stay in this job any longer and I ended up leaving. This is the worst job I have ever experienced . It’s not worth it at all & they should pay us far more for the work we are doing .

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

Extremely stressful, long hours & workload

23 June 2022
Very sorry to hear that you found your role stressful and unrewarding. We have a lot of roles within the company - from front line advisor positions for leading brands, to support and management roles - and hope that within that broad scope we could have found another work-from-home role that would have suited you better. Our current job vacancies board can be accessed here https://bit.ly/3tJCWu5 With regards your point about training, it’s vital that our home-based advisors are well prepared for when they start to take live customer contacts - which is why we ensure everyone spends adequate time in training. The type and length of training associated with each role is not just our decision, they are decisions taken hand-in-hand with each client - and the length of training will often vary. We’re sorry that on this occasion you felt that period was excessive. However, we hope you feel that it's prepared you well for a variety of situations, and put you in the best possible position to deliver great service. Re: the IT used by Sensée front line advisors, these are generally the same systems used by our clients’ advisors and will vary in type and complexity depending on the job in hand. We are always looking to create as positive an IT experience as possible and recently introduced an IT Bundle Scheme to give employees access to a cost-effective source of up-to-date hardware that makes it as quick and simple as possible to access the client apps they need. On a more general note, we encourage colleagues to approach their Trainer, Team Manager or Service Delivery Manager -

Avoid.

Left within 6 days, outdated programs for training, was given instructions on how to navigate systems but unable to provide actual log in details to use for yourself to get used to them.

Pros

I left

Cons

I worked there

26 May 2022
Sorry to hear that you found your first few days with the company unsatisfactory. Just to be clear, new employees are given logins and access to Sensée systems on day one of their training/induction programme and then access to client systems a few days later. We can only assume that there was an issue with some aspect of your IT set up because what you describe is very unusual. If that’s not the case, please let us know via feedback@sensee.co.uk. We will respond promptly and ensure it doesn’t happen again. Paul Whymark, Chief Operating Officer, Sensée

Inclusive workplace

I have been here about 16 months. I have felt part of the bigger team since day 1. I am always asked about progression and what do I need or want out of my weekly 1-2-1 with my manager. The coaching and training is really good and interesting. I can approach anyone for help, it doesn't seem to matter who they are they will always help you out. I have had the opportunity to push my comfort zone but I was fully supported to do it. We have had a couple of social nights which are alwas fun to meet other people. We have had awards nights

Pros

Picking your own rota

17 May 2022
Great to hear that you’ve settled in well and are enjoying your time at Sensée. It’s often said that being part of a work-from-home community can feel like being part of a supportive remote family and this certainly seems to be borne out by your comments. We hope you continue to enjoy the business as well as the social side of being part of the Sensée community, and carry on building your career with us.

Good

Good home working company to work forHome working cultureGood rates of pay with incentives for performancePlenty of accounts from well established companies.

Pros

Home working

2 May 2022
Thank you very much for your helpful feedback. It's good to hear that you enjoyed your time at the company

Very slow process

The training was supposed to be 4 weeks, took 3 months. Have to book your own hours so hard to plan life outside work. Also quite an inconsistency with training, one trainer told you one thing and another was telling you that it was wrong.

Pros

Cons

Hours

27 April 2022
Thank you for your feedback. While we're not aware of exactly which training group you were involved with, we did recently have one where training considerably ran over as you describe. We understand the negative impact that extended training can have on work/life balance and if you were a member of this group we can only apologise. The delay was caused by operational challenges and we have been worked closely with our client to remedy the situation and ensure greater consistency for all future training groups. Processes have been improved to ensure expectations are properly set and agreed hours will now only commence after all agreed training has ended - even if training overruns. We know that being able to maintain a good work life balance is a key reason lots of people choose to work at Sensée and we are very sorry that your recent experience didn’t meet your - or our - expectations.

Rewarding Role and opportunities if you want them

Love my job! Opportunities to progress if you want to and everything advertised internally first. If you want to be busy then ideal, if you want to be sat waiting for calls then you need to change your career. Yes, there are times when you can’t always get the shifts you want but plenty of times when you can, that’s what flexibility is, works both ways!! I thought I would never work again I am so grateful for finding this company.

25 April 2022
Thanks very much for your review. It's great to hear that you are loving your job and finding the work flexible and rewarding.

Poor

Their "client" security is over the top.Recruitment requirements will make you think you're applying for the military special operations. Despite them demanding to know more about your life than any of your family, they will put no trust in you. They install an Anti-Virus that restricts your out-of-work time usage of your personal PC, it also tracks your usage.Their agent software is more restricted than your average high-school PC. You will also be closely tracked and watched. You need to provide all the equipmentCommunication in the workplace is almost non-existent Calls are non-stop, any deviation and you'll be flagged + spoken to They advertise "Work-life balance", what you'll get is no balance:A normal full-time contract has you working 6full days, with patchy hoursBooking hours is a race, if you're slow your schedule will look like a zebraWorking weekends is a must, they are not negotiable Getting holidays is a nightmareThe contract you sign is worth nothing. They will remove and add things as they please. You'll be "forced" to follow non-existent clauses in the contract.You are simply a number in this companyYou'll be milked like factory cattle.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

- Low Pay - No flexibility - For a company that specializes in "working from home", they have done a poor job of it.

19 April 2022
We’re sorry that you are struggling with certain aspects of working at the company. We’d never say that the nature of the work we offer, and the way we work, is going to suit everybody but if it is a case of correcting a few errors, or clarifying a few misunderstandings, then we’re more than happy to work with you to address your concerns.You mention about the detail we go into during the recruitment process. We’re aware that it is a comprehensive and often long process but this is necessary as we need to make sure not only that candidates are going to be suitable for the type of work we are offering but also that homeworking is going to work for them - and that they have a suitable work-from-home environment. That is not easy. But we’re sorry that you feel that process has been overly intrusive as that’s certainly not our intention.You also talk about our IT policies. Sensée operates a ‘Bring Your Own Device’, ‘Bring Your Own Broadband’ model which is made clear on all our online job adverts. Sensée has been operating this model for well over a decade and it is one commonly used right across the globe by experienced work-from-home operators.With regards our homeworking IT environment, that’s designed to ensure that all equipment used is suitable for the job, is compliant and secure, and can integrate successfully to in house and client systems.... especially when people are undertaking Financial Services work. Tight security is essential, not just to ensure that our client’s information is safeguarded but also that employees' PCs are free from viruses and malware. It’s -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sensée ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Sensée ltd with

Learn about Sensée ltd in popular locations

• Sensée ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?