Sequence

Sequence Employee Reviews

Great company. Work too many hours and pay is low. The job itself is great fun, higher management is excellent and there are many opportunities within the business.
I left this job with depression and severe stress causing me to feel physically sick and emotionally drained everyday. Very poor communication within the offices, and an immense pressure to hit your targets, leaving you feeling inadequate and degraded if not achieved even when not in your control. No lunch break ever given, seems frowned upon if you do take a lunch break. High staff turnover- always hiring as staff leave due to poor employee treatment. Poor ethics too, they also seem very happy to bend rules for their favourite members of staff or customers they know personally. Also a lot of scandalous acts within the company, shockingly with the higher members of staff. Pros: can’t think of any. Cons: too many to count but you probably will gather from the above. Good luck if you get a job here.
Pros
Often meeting nice clients or other office employees
Cons
No lunch break, long hours, poor pay, sexist
Low pay Bonus scheme a joke Salary they advertise is not achievableTargets they set are not achievableYou work 6 days every other week Expect you to start 30 minutes earlier everyday and not get paid for itThe extra saturday you work every other week you don't get paid any extra for.High turnover of staff I got the experience I needed then left
Pros
Cons
Pay, 6 day week, bonus not acheivable
Make a lot of false promises, no pay review, no bonus, targets are high and if you fail to hit them then you will feel under immense pressure from management Pros - you get to see a lot of different houses which is interesting Sometimes meet some nice people and it is satisfying to make the let / sale Promotion is available but you need to be one of the favorites Cons - Very long hours, very poor basic pay, yes you get commissions but these do not make up a decent wage, you just get told to sell / let more houses if you want more money Mileage allowance is an absolute joke, they do not tell you that you can claim back difference from the government although this is not straightforward to do Targets are very high and there is a lot of pressure to hit them Constant rejection from prospective clients Had 3 different managers within 1 year, that should tell you all you need to know Cold calling is part of the job - bit outdated approach in my opinion I now earn more money for less hours and a lot less stress, whole industry is the same am afraid so unless you want to work 42-48 hrs plus for very average money would seek elsewhere
Pros
Expenses paid although way under gov guidelines
Cons
Long hours, very target based, cold calling
Unfair salary to specific individuals, they lied on the application about pay then reduced it when signing the contract. Theres a lot favouritism And a lot of fraud in the business. Fun meeting new people .
The company itself is horrendous to work for. Zero benefits and they expect you to fit a weeks worth of work into every day. Training is poor throughout every job role. Management is a joke.
I can’t put into words how I feel about them. It’s more like a scream. There is no support to new starters other than a quick car ride around a brand new area at bolt neck speed with information flying at you faster than the coked up area manager is talking.
The whole company as a whole is very poor to work for. Low basic salary you have to use your own car which they pay you £50 a month and you be using your car more then that and you have to pay out of your own pocket. (They say they give you a company car but they don’t) high turn over off staff long hours. Not rewarded for hitting targets. Really bad poor management not a lot of training.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Pay, long hours, not rewarding
Management in office can sometimes be a bit all over the place which needed everyone to step up (not necessarily a bad thing) Since leaving to take a career break, I regularly look to see what vacancies are available and would 100% return if given the opportunity. As estate agents go, it’s one of the better ones to go for!
Overworked and underpaid, really poor management..appointments would be stollen from you so that you wouldn’t get paid commission and others would...this place of work talked the talk but never walked the walk, which is just how you are taught to treat the customers!! Some good people but they are all tied down to this big corporate company rubbish where employees and customers simply do not matter
Competitive sales environment. Can either chew you up and spit you out, or give you the foundations for success. Training and support given - up to you how much you get from it
I definitely wouldn’t recommend this company if you have a family or children. No compassion for time off with children or any reason at all. Salary is absolutely ridiculous for the amount of work you have to do and the stuff you have to deal with. Management is shocking, thrive for gossip and drama and then act professional when it suits and throw you under the bus when they’re in the wrong. Very high turn over of staff!
No chance of promotion, no training provided, very low basic salary. One stands better chance in less corporate environment. Maybe OK if you want CV entry...............
No work life balance. Long hours and hours/contracts changed with no sign off from you. Expected to go above and beyond remit of your job spec and get no thanks or recognition. Visible “favourites” in offices with management. Usually those who are appalling at their job and don’t pull any weight, yet they’re kept and treat like royalty because they’re pally with the managers. Unprofessionally ran in branches. No proper check ups or ability to feed back on poor management to higher up the chain. Pay is shocking in comparison to competitors and little to no interest in negotiating pay rises with you. Commission is poor for the target level and work load.
The team I work for are friendly,easy to get on with and always willing to help with advice.My working day is filled with meeting people of all cultures and from Builders to Managing Directors,all of which I have had a good working rapport.I enjoy meeting people and working in a team but also am self motivated to work alone. I am continuing to learn about the business and always will and my management team are always there to help. The hardest part of the job is getting use to the quiet periods without customers and the most enjoyable part is meeting the customers and getting to know them.
Wow was there one week....took 3 days to get a desk and computer Nontraining given. Renewals team are rude and think they are above the floor. Branch managers calling team managers slapped by email. NOT normal unprofessional place avoid avoid avoid.
A large corporate company who are unwilling to compromise in way shape or form. You are a number on a long list who will not be looked after. Salary poor.
Very professional company, progression is keys throughout the company, very welcoming environment, always opportunity to progress and learn new skills
After being at Sequence for 6 months I feel safe to say that I really enjoy my job and working environment. Colleagues have always been very inclusive and this made the first few weeks there very enjoyable and comfortable for me. I have received a promotion within my first few months here and this has really boosted my confidence in and out of work. Bonuses are good and rewards such as trips etc are always a plus!! My manager has always pushed me to reach my targets and always believed in me, meaning my targets have always been reached and recognition has always been given for my hard work!
Pros
Happy working enviorment and good commission!
The company off loaded so much work to the employees that if every one didn’t leave the loyal ones who did stay were treated so badly by our boss she was moved on from our department. I went on maternity leave and tried to return a new manager had taken over and basically made it so difficult for me telling me I wd need to come back full time or nothing at all
The worst place to work....ever. No proper training given at all! The management is terrible Matt is especially unhelpful and patronising there is no help given if you’re not sure on anything, silly targets for new people! And put under so much pressure. AVOID AVOID AVOID absolutely horrendous place to work
  1. Employee reviews