Serco Group

Serco Group Employee Reviews for Case Worker

Found 28 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,971 reviews

Productive focused place to work

Learning the multiple systems for updating and pulling information.Management supportive.Work place culture, friendly co-operative, supportive.Target reaching and maintaining.Best part of the job colleagues, team spirit and support. Camaraderie.

Pros

Team spirit, support from colleagues.

Cons

Escalation process often delayed at management level.

Absolute nightmare to work for

Virtually impossible to progress unless you know the right people. Extremely stressful - call centre type work Management were incompetent Wage not good considering the level of stress

Productive and Fun workplace

Loved all the fast paced work, every day was different and a challenge, Used email and telephone to liase with clients/service users in helping to provide the best possible customer service

child support agency

Good interesting and challenging job but the contract has been taken over now and the company has shut down. Good if you like a challenging phone call with people who think they are right all the time.

Pros

challenging

Cons

shifts

Excellent

Serco have been an excellent company to work for. They appreciate work - life balance. The job was difficult but very interesting as worked on a government contract making decisions.

Productive, good friendly working environment

During my 6.5 years at Serco I developed many skills which increased my potential from displaying merchandise, photoshop/IT to... Customer Service / Telephone / Time Management and Team work. I particularly excelled and enjoyed my time on the telephone dealing with customers, ensuring their queries were resolved in a quick and efficient manner. This also involved taking outstanding maintenance payments to prevent enforcement action.

Pros

Incentives for highest payment collections

Good to work

Day consisted of carrying out data protection checks, making escalated phone calls and carrying out finance settlements based on how much a candidate earns

Pros

Lots of friendly people

Cons

Poor money

Great work life balance

Fun, productive and family like office environment. Can do attitude applied to all staff members. Teamwork was promoted in this office. Would recommend working there to a friend.

Pros

Staff members, working hours and location

Cons

Low Wages

good

very friendly atmosphere enjoyed working as a team and on my own using my initiative managers a re approachable I felt like home working with serco im going to miss the place

Happy place to work

Multi tasking and change of work feed every few months. Great colleagues Mostly great managers I have learned to accommodate change I have learned how to transfer to new teams and to be able to interact quickly.

Caseworker Administrator

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Serco A typical day consists of working cases and establishing if there are any outstanding arrears still outstanding. Phone calls required to all members of the existing cases.

Pros

Excellent organisational skills and a great happy place to work

colleagues made working here a pleasure

A great company to work for, they constantly sent out surveys to see how we felt as employees and tried to find ways to improve any scores that were low. eg do you feel part of the Serco family? the scores came back low the first time so they decorated the office with serco logos (that was just one of the ideas).

Pros

Great company

Good Place to work

Handle caseload Keep up with deadlines targets Good place to work people friendly and nice place to work Helping CSA clients and achieving my targets

I have worked for this company for many years. Fantastic place to work and staff are always friendly. Very good rates of pay and opportunity to excel forward in your career at Serco

Pros

Flexible

ok

Serco is a very good company to work for and I have enjoyed working for them, however the only reason I'm leaving is because the contract is ending I have worked there for 9 years.

not the best

I worked for this company with the child support agency the work done there is all bodge job nothing done properly and the training is brief and then told to get on with it by managers who don't know what they are doing id suggest everyone avoid them.

Pros

very relaxed

Cons

no training

A good place to work with some excellent staff and some good managers

Having worked for Serco for over 7 years and was overall happy with working there. There are some talented people there and the work itself was challenging but interesting.

Pros

Good people.

Cons

Middle management was sometimes problematic and bureaucratic

always thinking of the customer

The role I complete is customer based and we always keep them in mind when completed cases. The staff who work there are all customer driven.

Productive and Challenging

A typical day for a caseworker is to be able to manage and prioritise large work loads. We have to Liase with other organisations such as the DWP and HMRC. Our job can be very challenging and the rules and regulations can change from day to day. The hardest part of my job is to hear people who are distressed and who are struggling. The best part of my job is that every day is different and my work colleagues are amazing and very supportive. I have learnt how to research the web to locate and trace individuals and to find out how much disposable income they may have to pay towards their child support.

Pros

Great working shift patterns

Cons

stressful at times

good work ethics

Plenty of oppurtunity to progress and succeed in the business and learn more about the company using the internal internet Site in the companies Computer Systems.

Pros

Excellent Benefits

Cons

Complexed Cases often frustrated due to guidelines set by our contracts

sub contracted work

On a whole a good place to work due to the nature of this contract it is a rewarding job, it provides children with maintenance payments from non resident parents which may not have been provided otherwise. On occasions we were extremely busy and there was pressure to answer calls quickly and efficiently to provide accurate information and updates all the time showing empathy where needed. I learned to be calm and empathise with the clients when they were very upset at either not receiving payments or having to pay a large amount due to them not being noncompliant. The hardest part of the job was listening to the abuse some times received on calls. The most enjoyable part was advising a parent with care of the child/children we have secured payments for them, especially if they have not been receiving them in the past. It was very rewarding knowing that the work completed either by chasing the debt or providing the information was making a difference to so many children's and their parents life as a whole.

Pros

making a difference to childrens lifes

Cons

occaisional abuse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1K