Serco Group

Serco Group Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 111 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,971 reviews

productive, good workplace

Exellent manager, good team work.Helpfull staff, great training and learning programm. Helpdesk always answer your questions, resolve issues. Good if you work from home.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Stressful and not helpful

The company is quite poor as there are fair to many tech issues while working. Very stressful and a lot to do for the job for how little pay is. Very bad communication to us. Training wasn't the best it was okay but didn't get enough time to learn everything and didn't get shown how everything worked

Pros

Nice colleagues you train with

Cons

Long hours, rude management, terrible tech issues

Long hours!!

Very long hours!!!. Stressful , dealing with very difficult situations. The management I feel showed favouritism, people getting promoted who didn't deserve it. Training was rushed!!, Expecting you to learn a lot in a short space of time. I didn't get on with my team manager he was young and over bearing!!!!. I met some nice people there but the job was complicated and the hourly pay didn't reflect that!!.

Pros

Finishing at 2pm in the week.

Cons

Grossly underpaid and stressful and disorganised

charmless and disorganised from the outset - lack of transparency in job advert about what we would actually be expected to do in the job. Minimum wage pay for what is actually a highly skilled role. Ruthless worker pruning, if you don't tow the line you will be sacked immediately. Ridiculously inadequate 4 days training and just thrown in at the deep end with a sink or swim attitude from management. Double standards applied by managers with hypocrisy being the order of the day. Lack of response from Adecco when being required to respond to staff enquiries and emails - in other words they ignore you in the hope that you will go away.

Pros

convenience of working from home

Cons

poor pay, stressful job, disorganised management

Very low paid and little opportunities for BAME Highly Skilled workers

higher archy and management, training very poorly developed as an organisation. Not heard, listened to or supported by Agency or management within the organisation and the DWP campaign I worked on.

Pros

Mon- Fr - Weekday working

Cons

Lack of training, Lack of support- Poorly managed

Embarrassing

Worked on a project via an agency. Was thrown into the job, training was okay but didnt prepare anyone involved. Higher managers and mid managers bad.

Pros

Remote working

Cons

Bad organisation

Nice place to work

Working for Serco was a great experience. Staff were friendly and training for the roles I undertook was on the whole very good. In this employment I felt listened to and appreciated. Management was variable however I was lucky to have several extremely competent line managers and I felt that most of the senior management team were competent and approachable. Concerns were listened to and action taken to improve the working environment. I also received paid compassionate leave on two occasions following deaths in the family and this was handled sensitively. I felt “ looked after” and appreciated and valued working here which is why I stayed here until the contact came towards its end and I had secured another permanent post. Despite the not great salary the positive working environment created here made me stay and I did not actually ever look for other jobs until I knew the contract was ending. I would happily have continued in my job here if the contract had not ended.

Pros

Good training, listened to and appreciated

Cons

Low salary

Bullying + Untrained

Awful company to work for - bullying in the workplace , lack of training for both management + colleagues. Management don't deal with conflict resolution and instead sweep it under a carpet.

Pros

Nothing.

Only care about themselves

Horrible company to work for, expect you to work like a dog and when you can’t keep up with their ridiculous demands they’ll sack you with out warning. Make you go home with out pay when on the rare occasion things do go quiet

Pros

Cons

Long hours, rubbish pay, horrible management, treated and spoken to like dirt

Place is good to work yoy make alot of friends

If I could give minus to serco I would the company is an international company as a whole company is good but management is in it all for themselves they treat the staff as slaves as they are not humans they treat u like dirt which is wrong management is just all for them selves .. ..

Cons

Long hours shift work

Terrible place to work for.

I worked in the customer service centre for 6 months. The training was poor. Most of the time you would be thrown in the deep end. No help was given when needed. The manager of the office did not say one word to me or the people I started with at all during our 6 months. Nothing was ever clear and the management team were one big group who separated themselves from the rest. Without a doubt the worse job I've ever worked.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, not enough training, stressful place to work.

Horrendous

Favouritism on its peak. They pick and choose. There’s no merit base progression. If you just want a job to earn money and go home this will be the prefect job for you.

Restrictive environment and incompetent management

Working within this office in Newcastle has positives and negatives, however the negatives largely outweigh the positives. The company has an unusual practice of a high turnover hiring process in which all employees are first recruited as careers advisers. There is opportunity to move within the contract office, however this almost never represents progression as you can find yourself being moved onto a much more complicated project with no additional renumeration. The best thing about the job is the people and that is a disappointing minimum for any company to reach. In an office with up to a hundred staff there are two inadequate cloakroom areas, with pegs for something like 15-20 coats. Lockers are largely broken or are occupied by staff members who take their keys home with them. The canteen space is similarly inadequate for the number of staff, even with shifted lunches. There are missing chairs which were not replaced in the 9 months I worked there. There are two fridges which are just about adequate for the number of staff. Managers themselves mostly have a positive and encouraging attitude, however they are competency issues. There are concerning management structures in place within Serco's public contract at Newcastle Upon Tyne. Inexperienced and poorly trained managers who are handed more responsibilites than they can manage, inadequate equipment and poor human resources management has led to a culture of extremely high turnover. Further concerns include a lack of prayer space which has repeatedly been fed back and ignored by management.

Not Great.

It was okay. Not the best place to be fair. Management never really knew whether they were coming or going. You never knew how secure your job was....

Stressful job

It was a ok place to work some of the employees are nice people but my manager was a bully and had favourites and treats everyone different and always asked about people's personal life

Vile company

Serco are an appalling company to work for, the management at head office are either related or in relationships with each other, thats how people progress, its certainly not because of their abilities. The place and culture drips with nepotism, they talk about Serco code of conduct, which basically means do as I say, not as I do, they speak to their minions how they wish to and because of their relationships up top it is always swept under the carpet

Not a nice place to work

This is one of the worse jobs. It is very high pace job and the management or not very helpful. The work pattern is very unfair and you are not heard when you approach this subject. Not a recommended place to work.

Very Good

I enjoy working for Serco , it’s a great work environment with great management and friendly staff. All my needs are well cared for and it has benefited with new skills of dealing with customer over the phone.

Good company but watch out for Nepotisim

I worked for the Santander Cycles contract. I enjoyed my time there and the work life balance was decent enough, but unless you drive you cannot really progress. Sadly there was a lot of nepotism and favoritism going on and seemed the more of a pain in the bum you were, the more scope you'd have in company. Management and team leaders needed to grow backbone and sort the wheat from the chaff. Overall would recommend but if anyone gets out of their pram don't be afraid to bring them back down to earth, as the management and team leaders like it when you are assertive and saves them a job.

Customer services assistant at Peterborough City Council

Typical day within the contract centre involves dealing with inbound contact from members of public regarding anything to do with the city council. The role involves logging reports onto the relevant systems and liaising with the relevant departments in order to provide the correct and relevant information to the customer. It’s a fast and quick pace environment. I enjoy working here, have met some great colleagues and feel well supported by the management team. There is also opportunity to develop yourself in this role.

Enjoyed working there

Great team and managers Made to feel welcome from day one , training given for all contracts were good overall. Would of been happy staying employed there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1K
1.2K

3.1Job security/advancement
  • Serco Group
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?