Serco

Serco Employee Reviews

I'm working with Serco for 12 years I enjoyed my work specially working in hospital as a housekeeping where patients r there you need to take more care specially health n safety is. Concern
Cons
What an incredibly disjointed company to work for. They haven’t heard of the word logic. The current contract means you will earn £3,000 per year less than your workmates doing exactly the same job. You will also be expected to work over 50 hours every week on a 35 hour contract. There is no home/ work balance and the culture is toxic. Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere.
Serco it's the last place where you want to work unless your profile fits that of a white supremacist or you become part of a clique. There is nothing that keeps you working for Serco unless you are in need of money.
Pros
Cons
Bullying culture
Working for Serco was a great experience. Staff were friendly and training for the roles I undertook was on the whole very good. In this employment I felt listened to and appreciated. Management was variable however I was lucky to have several extremely competent line managers and I felt that most of the senior management team were competent and approachable. Concerns were listened to and action taken to improve the working environment. I also received paid compassionate leave on two occasions following deaths in the family and this was handled sensitively. I felt “ looked after” and appreciated and valued working here which is why I stayed here until the contact came towards its end and I had secured another permanent post. Despite the not great salary the positive working environment created here made me stay and I did not actually ever look for other jobs until I knew the contract was ending. I would happily have continued in my job here if the contract had not ended.
Pros
Good training, listened to and appreciated
Cons
Low salary
Uncaring arrogant management unprofessional in every sense. Little training and they never listen. Long hours low pay, no job satisfaction and no appreciation from managers. You are treated like a skivvy. Highlight of the day is breaks if you get any and hometime. Would never recommend working for them would rather walk bare foot over hot coals and broken glass while balancing a chainsaw on my chin
Cons
firstly grow eyes in the back of your head due to the shear amount of two faced snakes and do not believe anything that they promise you. Keep your head down say nothing and get another job
Pros
regular wage
Cons
back stabbers
Boring repetative work. Young workforce. Not really my cup of tea. Fine for a temporary position. I was only there for 3 months then they found a young person for the role.
Pros
Nice manager
Cons
Boring work
Interesting job and alot of nice people.My advice for new comers, keep ye head down, interact when needed and there is a zero policy from day one, play the rules and you'll be fine. Good place to gain more confidence, fast paced, lots of people environment. You will be in the deep end at first but get past that stage and you will be up skilled and lots of opportunities. Only downside I experienced, can be very clicky at times, management will watch you alot. Call centre staff deserve a better wage too it's only £8.72 per hour and the job is demanding at times, keeping to call quality standards and metric standards.
Pros
Mon to Friday no weekends
Cons
Wage
Awful company to work for - bullying in the workplace , lack of training for both management + colleagues. Management don't deal with conflict resolution and instead sweep it under a carpet.
Pros
Nothing.
Colleagues seemed very likeable, but they all seemed to stab you in the back, rather than telling you that you had made a mistake, they would tell the manager
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Under paid, work place was 150 miles from home
In the job as a PCO. Training was in depth. Well worth most of it. The physical demands during training is huge but worth it. I love it as I never kno
Pros
Good camaradie, interesting, sometimes exciting.
Cons
Like any job you have the occasional bad day and it is dangerous.
Management look after themselves if your not serco expect nothing including promotion.Bully culture from most managers.You get talked to like your something stuck on there shoe.Don't volunteer to help as you will be stuck with the job you helped out with.No support from senior management. You can get the sack at the drop of a hat if you face don't fit.
Pros
Some good people to work with.
Cons
Long hours no respect from management.
There is is poor management in this company especially if you're a new PCO. Work life balance is atrocious and definitely underpaid for the risks you're taking. I would do more research into this company before joining or else it might be one of the biggest mistake you make expect a facade at first for senior staff and then once you start the job itself that's when the real difficulties will arise don't expect support all the time.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Long hours, bullying, lack of support
Don't work for serco, as soon as you go live you are left to sink or swim. Some staff are lovely but majority of staff are god awful to new staff. It is a stressful job to go into anyways but when you receive no help or understanding from managers who don't really seem to be bothered about you it really is frustrating. You are left on wings by yourself because of lack of staff. The reason you leave the job isn't because of the job itself its because of the staff who are ment to be supporting you. The company breeches general data protection laws as they don't set you up on the system to input intelligence reports either. Your just a number and the only thing that's important is money and a tick of a box. No rehabilitation or help for prisoners either.
Horrible company to work for, expect you to work like a dog and when you can’t keep up with their ridiculous demands they’ll sack you with out warning. Make you go home with out pay when on the rare occasion things do go quiet
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay, horrible management, treated and spoken to like dirt
The 8 weeks training,good experience.But when you are in reality,bad management,bad support,poor salary.You are in first line,but don’t recognise .
Pros
Training
Cons
Don’t work for serco only false promise and very bad support.
We arrive at work prior to 8am to start and work till 4 pm doing a 37 hr week. Using a state of the art MIS system to check on the workloads for the day, check our emails then get started setting up our print work for the day. We will liaise with client should we need to or the graphics dept.It it a fairly relaxed atmosphere as you are left to your own devices unless you have problems.It can be longer hours during busy periods but you earn TOIL. To take at a later date.The best part would be exceeding the clients delivery expectations although the demand can be very short turnaround. Most are thankful.
Pros
Cheap meals, free parking and supplied uniform.
Cons
Some long hrs and short turnaround pressure.
If I could go back in time I'd stop myself applying for here.Working here has crippled my mental-health and ruined my love for my career path. It took higher-management nearly 14 days to assign me a team-manager during that time I got zero support and even got told the wrong hours because they failed to rota me in so I looked non-compliant for my first 3-days at least when I was actually working!The training we did get was so rushed, mostly useless too and on-top of it all the level of talking-down you'll experience and belittling is unreal, you get treated with no respect or appreciation even if you work the insane forever shifting-hours they give you because one day it'll be 9-5 the other 10-6, other times 8-4, you just never really know and when you do they change the rota mid-week sometimes.You'll get a lot of attitude from them (management) and I was also threatened with per-1 minute lateness and you'll get 5 minutes docked of pay, which is against contract but when I and others bought this up we was told to keep quiet about it and when I'd asked others in my area they told them all its a myth and that I was lying when I had proof. It's a very toxic work-environment.
Pros
Non
Cons
The money not enough you get paid ever two weeks and they tax on you taking alot of money of you where you work hard for 14 days of the month once you pay your Bill's and living expenses you left wirn nothing, unfair company likes to use you but dont like paying you well enough
Pros
Cons
Only if spmeone sick or wantinf cover someone
Fantastic company to work for, made to feel part of the team from day 1 and continuous training given throughout with everything explained in detail with support of your manager
Was a prison custody officer for many years. The company itself are great. But the management at the prison are laughable. Not all, but most are overpaid and useless. Better off running a softplay. There is no regard for staff safety or mental wellbeing. No adequate training. No support. Wage is ridiculous compared to what you have to deal with daily. Stay clear of here.
Pros
Cons
Wage, safety, wellbeing, work life balance
  1. Employee reviews