Serco

Serco Employee Reviews

Well. Serco is a very large employer both in the uk and overseas. I know from what I see that Serco CAN be a great employer to work for. But it depends of course on local management. In my experience this isn't always brilliant or even good. There are a lot of cases of over promotion, with managers often having little knowledge or experience of the roles their staff are expected to perform. It's very demoralising when you have a decent amount of service under your belt being constantly talked to as though you know nothing.Personally the company have trapped me - I can't move within the organisation or get a job easily elsewhere due to mental health issues caused at work.On the plus side redundancies are rare and you can progress.
Pros
Job Security.
Cons
Local management not always the best
You don't feel part of a team,no communication the pay is low for the work you do,they have no management skills and they make you feel worthless and unappreciated.
Cons
Serco only thinks of one thing profit before people, you are undervalued, treated with suspicion and are only a number, treated with suspicion when the management are worse.
Pros
Cons
Indifferent management
Productive. Working from home has been a new and very interesting experience for me. I have realised that I could work much better without a distraction, but missed the beauty of a physical team work. Most of their jobs are temporary and part time, as a result of which most employees will have to depend on financially subsidy from the state to survive.
Pros
Payment is made on schedule
Cons
Poor pay rate. Mainly Temp and P/T jobs.
I am a covid 19 test centre manager and the support from senior management and training was excellent I was proud to serve my country in need once more against the pandemic, serco supported me when I needed help and it was a pleasure to go to work everyday.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Shifts are long
Worked on a project via an agency. Was thrown into the job, training was okay but didnt prepare anyone involved. Higher managers and mid managers bad.
Pros
Remote working
Cons
Bad organisation
Worst agency ever don’t ever work for this company management lie through there teeth and make any excuse up to sack you if your face doesn’t fit you will get builled by management awful
Uniform, equipment & Ppe provided. Constantly training or having refresher courses, good health and safety/occupational health. Job Satisfaction, tasks always achievable in allocated time. Laid back and relaxed atmosphere. Some unsociable hours. Some lazy employees. Mild nepotism. Management full of bull (promises always unfulfilled). Pay not as good as it could be for shift work. Located in restricted area, requiring id passes.
Pros
Easiest job ever had...
Cons
Poor pay, shift work, some nepotism. Managed by knobs.
I worked for Serco as a custody officer and also a control room operative for over seven years. The work was interesting and the different levels of challenges made it enjoyable. Often one week was quite different to the next. Their were chances to improve and to show your iniative. I enjoyed my time with the company.
Pros
Variety in the workplace. Chances to improve.
Cons
Some long days.
Can be stressful but no later than a 3pm finish. Alot of walking but it's an easy job for the money you get. Management try to be your friends rather than manage or supervise. Therefore not a place to gain or recieve respect.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Staff Members are excellent team workers, however the management are atrocious.... They love to bully staff and even go as far as constructing dismissals....... Approach with caution!
Pros
Friendly teammates
Cons
Awful Management team
What an incredibly disjointed company to work for. They haven’t heard of the word logic. The current contract means you will earn £3,000 per year less than your workmates doing exactly the same job. You will also be expected to work over 50 hours every week on a 35 hour contract. There is no home/ work balance and the culture is toxic. Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere.
I'm working with Serco for 12 years I enjoyed my work specially working in hospital as a housekeeping where patients r there you need to take more care specially health n safety is. Concern
Cons
Serco it's the last place where you want to work unless your profile fits that of a white supremacist or you become part of a clique. There is nothing that keeps you working for Serco unless you are in need of money.
Pros
Cons
Bullying culture
Working for Serco was a great experience. Staff were friendly and training for the roles I undertook was on the whole very good. In this employment I felt listened to and appreciated. Management was variable however I was lucky to have several extremely competent line managers and I felt that most of the senior management team were competent and approachable. Concerns were listened to and action taken to improve the working environment. I also received paid compassionate leave on two occasions following deaths in the family and this was handled sensitively. I felt “ looked after” and appreciated and valued working here which is why I stayed here until the contact came towards its end and I had secured another permanent post. Despite the not great salary the positive working environment created here made me stay and I did not actually ever look for other jobs until I knew the contract was ending. I would happily have continued in my job here if the contract had not ended.
Pros
Good training, listened to and appreciated
Cons
Low salary
Uncaring arrogant management unprofessional in every sense. Little training and they never listen. Long hours low pay, no job satisfaction and no appreciation from managers. You are treated like a skivvy. Highlight of the day is breaks if you get any and hometime. Would never recommend working for them would rather walk bare foot over hot coals and broken glass while balancing a chainsaw on my chin
Cons
firstly grow eyes in the back of your head due to the shear amount of two faced snakes and do not believe anything that they promise you. Keep your head down say nothing and get another job
Pros
regular wage
Cons
back stabbers
Boring repetative work. Young workforce. Not really my cup of tea. Fine for a temporary position. I was only there for 3 months then they found a young person for the role.
Pros
Nice manager
Cons
Boring work
Interesting job and alot of nice people.My advice for new comers, keep ye head down, interact when needed and there is a zero policy from day one, play the rules and you'll be fine. Good place to gain more confidence, fast paced, lots of people environment. You will be in the deep end at first but get past that stage and you will be up skilled and lots of opportunities. Only downside I experienced, can be very clicky at times, management will watch you alot. Call centre staff deserve a better wage too it's only £8.72 per hour and the job is demanding at times, keeping to call quality standards and metric standards.
Pros
Mon to Friday no weekends
Cons
Wage
Awful company to work for - bullying in the workplace , lack of training for both management + colleagues. Management don't deal with conflict resolution and instead sweep it under a carpet.
Pros
Nothing.
Colleagues seemed very likeable, but they all seemed to stab you in the back, rather than telling you that you had made a mistake, they would tell the manager
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Under paid, work place was 150 miles from home
  1. Employee reviews