Serendipity Healthcare

Serendipity Healthcare Pay & benefits reviews: Care Assistant

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

Better than average care companies

I have worked for Serendipity for roughly 6 months. I find that I get enough hours (roughly 35) & that the pay is good, there's also always the opportunity to pick up more if you need them. So far the majority of my clients have been very friendly & the work tends to be pretty easy. I would like to be paid more for travel, 20p a mile does not nearly cover the amount I spend on fuel to work for them. Id also like managers to speak nicely & a favour once in a while would be appreciated.

Pros

Good wage. Easy work. Plenty of hours.

Cons

Selfish. Rude managers. Low mileage.

Demanding and poor hours

The training is excellent,it's a shame it's not followed through. You are promised full time hours but the reality is unless you want to work six days a week from 6am until 11pm this is not achievable. Also you will most likely not get a contracted hours. It's a zero hours based contract. Most of the calls are around fifteen minutes and it's impossible at times to do all the required tasks without cutting corners. Travelling time is non existent and a lot of calls overlap as they are always short staffed so just keep giving you extra work to fit clients in. I was travelling all over the place despite the fact that I asked to work in my local area. Mileage is very poor.. Expect a change in rota on a regular basis. It's impossible to keep up at times.The office staff will text and ring you,even on your day off asking you to work. If you say no don't expect many hours,if any the next week. A big negative for me was the amount of time waiting in between calls. I like to do all my hours at once not two hours in a morning, an hour at lunch ,two hours at tea time and then two hours at bed time. Most days I ended up sitting in my car waiting to start lunch calls as it wasn't worth going home. Very boring and tiring . Not enough hours and always dreading getting my rota as hours would always be poor .

Brilliant company

I have never worked for a company that are so thoughtful towards their employees. I have been offered multiple qualifications, variety of training and progression routes within the company. Although the hours can be demanding, that is the nature of the job. The managers are always polite when I cannot accept extra work for personal reasons. Lots of perks of being with this company like birthday and Christmas gifts.

Pros

Good progression, offer qualifications, friendly staff

Cons

Long days

Good place to work if you want to get somewhere

Care work attracts all sorts of people. If you want to develop into something more then this is the best one to work for. Care work is the sort of job where you get out what you put in. If you're unreliable and let people down you'll not go far. But if you want to work hard, be reliable and prove yourself you'll get more opportunities and a set rota. They have to trust you before you get the benefits advertised which is how it should be. So many people that work in care expect to get away with calling in sick every other day then wonder why they don't get a set run! I have worked here now for 4 years and I have a set run, set days, have done loads of extra training and am now looking to move into the complex care team which pays £13 an hour.

Pros

Good progression. Good pay. Set hours

Cons

Other staff that let the clients down

Jobs at Serendipity Healthcare