Servoca Nursing & Care
Happiness score is 71 out of 100

Servoca Nursing & Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom104 reviews

Okay

Over all okay but management don't want to listen but good for flexible work and unpaid break even when breaks are not given and don't really matter what homes your sent too.

Communication with staff zero

No communication with staff with clear expectations that you would pick up shifts in areas of liverpool that you were unfamilar during covid work ceased but as an employee you were told nothing .

Insights into Servoca Nursing & Care

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

Good management makes a big difference

Great management makes working here a pleasure.Although I am moving to a different company I don't regret working here.Easy to pick up shifts when you want and easy to balance life.

Pros

Work when you want

Cons

Not always guaranteed shifts on the days you want

Best place

Been with the company over a year they are the best company I have been with very flexible with hours and shifts. You get to choose your own hours and work your own hours.

Not very good shifts are not promised

If you had to pay for house, car etc you shouldn't work here you’re most definitely not promised shifts. Mangers don’t really care and you’d be lucky to get shifts sorted to earn money. 1 day you could be working in Barnsley next you’d be up in Batley. They send you all over place.

Stay well away

Poor pay, shifts constantly getting cancelled, very basic training which you don't get paid for but if you want a certificate for said training they want you to pay £50 for it, last minute phone calls needing shifts covering. Most of the staff are very young and haven't got a clue what they are doing.

Relaxed, flexible work place

you work when you want to work, if you want full time or part time hours you choose. Great for students they don’t pressure you to work, they dont bombard you with calls to work

Good place

Very good management. Shifts when you want. Only bad thing you have no breaks most of the time. Just keep something in your pocket if you want to eat. Get to watch games and get paid

Pros

Get to watch games

Cons

No breaks

Very rewarding

Worked for them for three nearly four years, never had an issueOffered more money at other agencies but stay with Servocca as manager ale x is very good, easy going and supportive. Would definitely recommend. I work 3x 12hour shifts a week and have 4 days off, I find it’s brilliant and works well for me.

Pros

Holiday pay Easy to use app for shifts booked Friendly office staff

Cons

None that would be the fault of the agency, only individual nursing homes.

Terrible support network, awful place to work

Working here seemed like a fantastic opportunity when I joined but as time progressed I realised that I was simply a way for them to be paid and I as a person did not matter. Suffering bereavements, ill health inclusive of respiratory infections during a pandemic do not matter as all they care about is money. The staff in the office have no idea what it is to work a care floor and how demanding and draining it is, they make things up about their staff when they aren't putting their lives in the hands of the agency, they are rude abrupt, manipulative and overall a disgusting place to work. If you're prepared to give up your entire life after being told you can have flexibility to work then this place will treat you like a Saint, but if you have commitments, family issues, health problems or anything else that will prevent you working 24/7? You'll be treated like the scum of the earth. Word to the wise, even though the salary looks appealing it isn't worth it.

Pros

Decent wage

Cons

Bad work life balance, unsympathetic employer

Very little work in North Wales if you don't drive

Working for Servoca is good when you have lots of shifts which isn't often. But they expect you to go all over the place to get work. I was even asked to get in a car with a stranger alone and travel over an hour away to get to one place which is ridiculous especially being a young women - I feel unsafe. Agency work has it's benefits but only if you actually get work and in more than one place.Office staff are nice and pleasant over the phone. They don't put a lot of pressure on you if you turn down a job which is good. I recommend Servoca but only if you live in a city area and can drive.

Pros

Double pay on bank holiday, paid weekly, training provided

Cons

Little work offered, requires a lot of travel for work

Productive and fun work place

Servoca is great to work with competitive and works around your times available .Invite friends to join and enjoy a bonus with them so come join servoca

Pros

Works round your availablity

Cons

Pays less than other agencies

A young support worker

I started at Servoca at age 18! The team are very supportive and will look after you. You are supported throughout and always have a team to talk to! The skills I have developed are amazing. Being able to work in a company like Servoca is very rewarding and I would recommend anyone who wants to work in care to register with Servoca for the best experience. All the services you attend have warm and welcoming staff who will guide you whilst working so you will never feel out of place. As a full time university student I am able to balance my time effectively as the hours are so flexible and can suit whatever your needs are.

Pros

Flexible hours

Flexible working and holiday pay!

One of the only agencies I've worked for that contribute to holiday pay!You don't get penalised for declining a shift, lots of hours available which is good. You can choose your own availability/shifts you work which is really helpful, especially with family life!From working here i had the chance to get a temp to perm position, and now work fully for the care home i love!!!

Pros

Flexible, holiday pay, constant support

Cons

care home work was draining through pandemic

Good place to to work for part time

Yeah it’s a straightforward job, I’ve had no problems whatsoever Servoca’s probably the best company out there when it comes to events. If you do as your are told you’ll have no problems whatsoever, Staff treat each other with the good respect.

Low pay, very rude staff, work oppertunities, paid on time always

I think servoco was a nice experience they had opportunities and shifts available however their staff very rude and disrespectful. They always paid on time and with no issues, their places of work very nice and friendly. Their pay was very low considering the places working staff would receive alot more than the agency staff

Pros

Shifts, paid on time and good places to work

Cons

Bad pay, very rude and disrespectful staff

Lack of communication within teams.

My experience with this agency was very bad. But all in all, it paid the bills for a while. Lied to me on many occasions about availability of shifts and location desired. Eventually left because they were not providing shift for my location. Driving very far and not offering millage allowance or extra pay. Had to drive 45mins to 1hr if i want the shift. Since i dont get shift regularly, i dont have a choice than to accept the onces provided

Cons

No consistent and regular with shifts, Also didnt provide shift close by, Had to drive 45mins to 1hr

enjoyable experience

not stuck in one work place. visiting different homes all the time means it's always something new and challenging. constantly meeting new people and learning new skills. with an added extra of new courses through the year

Pros

free uniform pick own availability and hours

Cons

travel distances at times

Servoca

Nice company to work for, though unfortunately because I personally wasn't driving to work but being driven to & from work places I was not given fuel expenses which became an issue for me, however they did all they could to try and get me placed as close to where I lived as possible. Helpful when I needed help, interview was more of a informal chat made me feel very comfortable & was hired same day.

Pros

Lovely company

Cons

Do not get travel money unless you're driving personally

Great people to work for

I have done many roles for servoca They are caring fair helpful and pay well they give you unlimited work and they are always available to help . Over all excellent company and will definitely work there again .

Pros

Free food accommodation good pay lots of work and plenty overtime

Cons

Regular and consistent shifts.. fair and friendly office staff/management

Worked at servoca over year now Have good experiences with company...had regular and consistent shifts..fair and friendly staff in office always helpful and pleasant 😊

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Servoca Nursing & Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement