Setsquare Recruitment

Setsquare Recruitment Employee Reviews

If you take on agency work with Set square be sure to ask if your holiday pay is included in your hourly rate a practice common with employment agencies even though a ruling at the ECJ found the practice to be unlawful in 2006. I was not informed that my holiday pay would be included in my hourly rate, I later found out that I was on minimum wage with an extra ÂŁ1 per hour for holiday pay. Other than this office staff were helpful and quick to respond.
Pros
Got some work
Cons
Inflated hourly rate due to rolled up holiday pay.
To begin with rates were uncompetitive considering highly skilled high quality candidates with perfect safety record that were required by the high profile client on what was already a very media sensitive project.Setsquare not only provided the skilled personal to deliver the project but the management too. No background checks were done, so they had members of the team in charge on site who were clearly out of their depth, performing incompetently to the detriment of safety of ourselves and others. I understand it wasn’t setsquare direct fault of the health and safety violations happening on site but they do have some responsibility firstly to only put forward candidates who have been checked out and proven to be competent. Sure sometimes the wrong people slip through the net who shouldn’t do, but then action should be taken to remove and replace the problematic candidates once the issue has been identified. Risks were being taken and control measures compromised contributing to an incredible high stress high pressure situation. The whole project was getting out of hand and escalating towards a potential serious incident. No ones job is worth taking life threatening risks. Ended up walking away from job, not worth putting self in danger or doing prison time for man slaughter if something were to happen, and everyday it felt like it could at any moment. In my opinion they were a significant part of the problem I suspect because they overlooked background checks and criminal records so that they could keep some in a position who was attractively cheap. And like usual, - more...
Pros
Cons
Dishonest and deceitful. Can’t trust what they say.
Poor management with no proven site experience they personally have , hence the poor pay rates they advertise stay well away from theses cowboys better agencies are around with qualified personnel in the construction field giving better rates of pay.
Pros
Inexperienced agency
Cons
Full of false promises about jobs
Told me I was on 1270 an hour self employed as a skilled labourer. Then next day rang back and said job role had changed to being a cleaner on-site for the same money. Next day rang back said client doesn't accept self employed and that I can work for setsquare buts it's now 11.20 an hour with holidays included!! Hhhh Soreally
Pros
Cons
Con artists
They don't care about their agency workers, don't pay on time, liars, when you phone them it is like a bunch of kids in the background, very unprofessional. My advise stay well clear of Setsquare recruitment altogether. I wish they just fold and disappear, never to trade again.
I worked for this Agency for roughly a month and was never paid on time. Always dramas with my wages being wrong/late and me chasing them and then the excuses. I guess it depends who you deal with and what are you work in but my experience was a very bad one. I can only strongly advise to avoid the South East / London region advisers as thats who i dealt with. Not a place to work if you need to rely being paid on time at all.
dealing with Setsquare agent was always good experience help and support and guides at all time when i need them happy to work with Setsquare again
Ok company to work for, managed to get some decent experience here and learn to always cover yourself as you tend to be used as a scape goat but managers
Setsquare Recruitment a good agency they keep me in work for eight month the management at Simon construction were professionals I can be recommend by them.