SEVERN TRENT

SEVERN TRENT Employee Reviews

United Kingdom212 reviews

trentprogressionwaterrolesharecolleaguetargetprogress

Productive environment

Worked for Severn trent for over three years and it's a challenging but rewarding place to be. Work life balance is better than any other place I've worked in the last 15 years, many benefits too. Mangers are approachable and down to earth and will support you when needed. Liv Garfield is a credit to the company and is definitely steering Severn trent in the right direction.

Great culture, supportive management and feeling valued

Since joining just over a year ago, I have grown so much as a person and Severn Trent is to thank for that.They push me daily to be better and give me the reconigition to keep me motivated.I come to work every day with a purpose, which to me is a beneft in itself.

Pros

Great culture, good location, overall great benefits, variety of jobs, a career

Cons

No free parking

Insights into SEVERN TRENT

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great place to work with fantastic benefits

I have worked at Severn Trent for a few years and no two days are the same. The working environment is amazing, there is always a great buzz and atmosphere. I would highly recommend working for a Severn Trent.

Stressful dont value mental health

Very stressful little support if your face dosent for not good loads of stats to hit homeserve not great place being honest rude customers stressful at times

Great entry level job

Great entry level job, faced passed with opportunities for advancement. Working day is typically extended to ensure all samples are processed before close of play.

Pros

Effective management

Cons

Compulsory overtime

Great people and great culture

I loved working for Severn trent water, I worked in a great team, I unfortunately had a few issues in regards to ptsd which they truly tried to help me, I created an app while with them and is now used throughout the business, i was supported by some great people and nothing was to much for them, I would recommend working for them, money could have been better for what you were doing, but had a great bonus scheme each year, and plus a great share save scheme

Just Awful

Used to be a decent place to work, but has been run into the ground by the current senior management and directors. Lots of the great progress and positive change has been stripped out and banned E.g. hybrid working. The company prefers to pay staff low wages and spend more outsourcing work to a local company who pay more to do the same job and employ people we’ve rejected / fired.

Supporting staff, lots of training available. Cons are lots of different shifts which impact life balance. Overall great company. Staff very friendly, free parking available and cafe on site.

Good company overall

Collaborative culture and management are very positive and enthusiastic. Good benefits package for staff, but company can be inflexible and internal progression sometimes difficult.

Pros

Good benefits package

Cons

Internal progression difficult

Alright

The staff are nice. Chilled place, however, calls can be stressful and a lot when customers get angry. Would recommend if you don’t mind the context of the job.

Depends how well connected you are

You will progess greatly if you have a family member or senior member of staff, you are acquainted with on a higher level. Its a case of who you know, as opposed to what you know. Interview feedback is not provided as the interviewers, do not want to be called out for their lack of experience and note taking as they already have a face in mind.... The managers are decent and the work life balance is good. Never had an issue with work and my family life. If your looking to work your socks off and progress and be merited for your hard work, then don't!! Not unless as I stated earlier, you have someone senior to back your case. Most of the progression depends on your friend being in a higher position to hire you!! Progression is NOT based on hard work or commitment!! It's based on whether your face fits!! 11 years at the company and numerous attempts at progression, to see others less qualified, lesser IQ and less commitments, exceed and excel past you, as the so called hiring manager is a relative, drinking partner, or colleague!!! The grass is not always greener on the other side!! Please beware before applying! You have been warned!!!

a good experience to have

a typical work day is easy going and nothing stressful, the management are easy to talk to and get an understanding of, very friendly people to be around and nothing that can be complained about

Worst Place to work

The worst place i have ever worked. Your face has to fit, progression is there but only if your managers favourite and even then you work hard to get somewhere and don't get anything back, everything they say is a lie. Management are horrible people not supportive at all. They claim to be big on mental health and they claim to care but it is a massive lie, If you respect your mental health DONT work there. Job is easy to do but it is draining. Management are lazy and horrible people. Not a place I would recommend anyone to work.

Pros

Canteen

Cons

Too stressful and clueluess management.

I worked at severn trent Derby call center for 6 years and have seen the company change alot in that timeTo start with it was a good, caring and compassionate company, especially after leaving retail.But quickly after a year it changed. New management that did not know how to run a call center, recruiting their friends in to high positions which they had no clue what to do. Decisions that make no sense from a customer or business standpointThese decisions would lead to increase calls which would then get blamed on staff for being too slow which was not the case. Constantly there was at least 80-150 people in the queue and the stats to manage these stressed and demotivated staffAnd if you spoke up about it or went against the grain you were singled out and taken to disciplinaries for basically having an opinionThey claim to be all big on mental health which is laughable at best. If you go off for a week or more they will call you every other day to see when you're coming back - even if you are off with a doctors note or very sick in hospital.Progression is only there if you are managers favourites. Currently they have said anyone that gets a new internal job can't move for 3-5 months as they are too understaffed and busy in the call center. This is just demoralising staff and forcing them to leave, there are only a handful of staff that have been there more than 12 months, this leads to confusion about what to do for new agents. The 10 week rotation they have is set but you always get asked to move your shift. Sometimes they do it without asking you and less than -

Pros

Pay is decent for a call center job, bonus yearly.

Cons

Pretty much everything else, Work culture is awful, Lasy management, Upper brass have no clue and don't care, No support for mental health other than asking you to cut your sick note short to come back

Fast-paced when reacting to emergencies, but inept at planning to avoid them.

The average day at Severn Trent is a slow to change and very bureaucratic, but the entire place changes when there's an emergency. Teams pull together in a pinch, but those seeking to be heroes get the rewards.Staff are stretched thin so there is actually very little tolerance for fluctuation which makes crisis scenarios happen more often than necessary.Top brass talk a good game, but are lacking in substance.

Good colleagues but draining

it was a great place to work at first but then you are hit with all the unrealistic stats and not paid enough for the work load and stress you get through your day

Cons

unrealistic expectations

Excellent place to work. (I work in operations). The teams are close nit but not clicky, the amount of work expected is realistic and the equipment and conditions are great. Furthermore the benefits package is huge. I expect to stay here for a long time, with so much opportunity to move within the organisation if I want.

Pros

Sharesave, pension, staff benefits, workplace culture.

Cons

The shift pattern isn’t for everyone.

above average for the most part

domestic hours so 10 hours per day, 48 per week. learned how to avoid getting covered in sludge, (treated sewage), management tick box managers and not people managers, culture is 80% of drivers work harder avoiding work than doing it, hardest part is to tolerate the nonsense, most enjoyable you can leave the job at the gate.

Pros

good job, regular pay. better than most.

Cons

the bull kills the job stone dead.

It was good and friendly work place

Itvwas very good to work here. Good jo opportunities.people were nice. Had to sell homeserve, this could ve difficult. Job was not advertised as a sales

Great people

The job it self was great, good pay, great management and people. The role it self was not for me as the hours were long due to traveling into the office.

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

Good money, but not worth the hours and customers shouting at you

The 8 weeks training is really good and enjoyed it, but once you hit the call floor it’s completely different. Lots of stats to hit. Expected to wrap up calls within 2 mins (not always possible depending on the type of call you get) Management not as supportive as they portray. Can be on 12-8 one week and 8-4 the next which can really mess up your sleeping pattern. The pay is nowhere near enough when you consider how much hate you get from customers. Very mentally draining. They also want you to try and sell come insurance on behalf of a different company which is a joke. And their HR department is useless

Pros

Yearly bonus, paid training

Cons

Bad shift patterns, very little support, customers screaming at you everyday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SEVERN TRENT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement