Sharps Bedrooms Ltd
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Sharps Bedrooms Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom81 reviews

bedroomdesignappointmentofficecustomercustomweekstaff

Shocking company to work for

I really don't know where to begin. I enjoyed the job itself, I take a lot of pride in my work, but I've learnt over the years you cant be a perfectionist. Especially when its not appreciated.

Productive, friendly and fun workplace

Sharps is a great company to work for due to productive, friendly and fun work environment. At times, there will be busy stressful moments but overall, enjoyed working.

Insights into Sharps Bedrooms Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Good earning potential

If you are self motivated and don’t mind working odd hours there is great potential to earn. You have to use your own transport which can be costly, and be ready to cover a lot of mileage.

Pros

Free time

Cons

Late night appointments

A great company

Sharps is a great company to work for. It cares about its customers and delivers excellent service and a quality product. It genuinely is a company you can feel proud to work for.

Good salary, high standard of working enviroment, good access to other departments. Good product and training.

Good place to work, friendly, great products and services offered .The hours suited my needs. Worked together as a team, and was a happy place to work.

Easy ish work

Sharps bedrooms aren't bad the work is ok driving and unloading bedroom furniture to customers homes all over the country, its a two man job as beds are in sections but easy enough

Pros

Salary, out and about, easy work

Cons

Long hours, bad management, salary could be better

Incredibly unethical practices

Recruiting happens over the phone. The promised benefits during the recruitment process of working for the company doesn't at all reflect reality. Extremely confined and difficult work environment. The promised payment for training not honoured at all if you decide that the company is not for you and leave. The recruiter will not mention this. It is fine print in one of the dozens of documents they make you sign prior to taking the training/assessment. I strongly advise anyone thinking working for them not to do it.

Pros

Cons

Unethical conduct

Wouldn't advise working here

Lack of training, when asked for more was told they wouldn't give it to me as they didn't have the staff to train me. So expected to do a job without training.Do not support office staff and lack of communication between people.Deduct wages without telling you and without a reason.If your face doesn't fit then you have no chance here.Also pressure you into leaving when poorly.

Pros

None.

Cons

All of the above.

Sharps company

Traveling is ridiculous 60-100miles a dayWork is constant Lose time when customers don't move anythingMoney is average for the amount of time your at the house

Pros

Petrol money

Cons

Distance for work. Fitters percentage. Time on the job

Fun and enjoyable woekplace

Sharps is an enjoyable and fun place to work due to the style of work they undertake, there is a constant flow of work all year round. All the staff /management aswell as the head office are easy to communicate with and are always on hand to assist.They supply all fixings and other bits needed to construct furniture for them via a clever postal service to your home address. All material is delivered to site in the exact bedroom in which the furniture will be built. I would recommend sharps bedrooms to anyone looking to pursue a career in carpentry or in bedroom / office furniture in general.

Pros

All fixings and materials supplied, all material delivered to site, most importantly solid weeks work all year round.

Good job 👏

Its very great for experience, working with people and grow your own skill. Great and understanding office stuff. And helpfull management.Over all the job is exciting as a fitter where you can see your own end result

Loved working here, everyone is lovely.

Lovely people, great management, good salary. Amazing product. Would definetly recommend applying here you don't realise until you leave how much much it really is a great place to work.

Pros

Commission, lovely showrooms, great salary

Cons

Cant really say there are any

Good for experience but not money earning.

I am currently working for sharps. The staff are very friendly in the office and my current manager is very helpful when needed with great communication. Hovewer, I wouldn't advice to work here unless you don't have other opportunities. They will provide you with work, but be ready to work for less than a £100 a day most of the time.

Pros

Good communication, friendly staff

Cons

Long hours, low income

Skilled labour for minimum wage

This is a company that'll keep you as busy as you want most of the time, so long as your prepared to...... #1,travel wherever they send you within your region, (your not paid for the time spent in your vehicle, which could be 2-3 hours a day), #2, be prepared to work for an average £150 a day before tax, often lower, as you'll receive a percentage of the customer order value after VAT. Jobs are often underpriced, (suiting the customer) leading to fitters having to work very long hours just to make a decent income. You will also spend a fair proportion of your time getting over poor quality manufacturing issues, survey issues & design issues, as the mentality amongst various departments is "oh the fitter will get over it", or "the fitter will sort it out", therefore wasting time. You'll need to learn the product inside out, (there is alot to learn). Training is given, albeit basic & not very thorough. A head for problem solving, getting over issues & damaged materials etc. is essential as you'll not get paid until the job is complete, no matter how long it takes. To sum up, you'll ideally need experience in this line of work. If you like working 12-13 hour days, being paid a pittance for the skill & care you put into the job, & receiving no thanks for 'going the extra mile' when needed, this job will suit very few people.

Pros

Screws etc.supplied, materials delivered to room.

Cons

Long hours, travel, unhelpful staff, low pay.

Decent place to work

Decent place to work at. All colleagues were approachable. The work/life balance was ok depending on the shift pattern you were undertaking at the time

The company doesn't look after their people

I work for sharp's bedrooms for a year as a carpenter . I do not think that they look after their people very well at all .The job is inconsistent and pay is very low for the job you have to do ....

A good company to work for

To get results you have to dedicate yourself to work to get the leads needed for the appointments. Sharps give the tools to achieve that. It is a nice company to work for I would certainly recomend it. Minimum salary but with commission and incentives you can get a reasonable salary

Terrible place to work

Don’t even think about it good job advertising plot promise of good earnings yeah ask your self why they have a training camp on the go all the time when they find good quality trades men why can’t they keep them simple they won’t pay them what worth so they keep on wasting unsuspecting people’s money time and lives with their company policies steer clear

Pros

Cons

U will be out of pocket

Sales Consultant

I enjoyed working for Sharps Bedrooms I was sorry to leave. Management where supportive, and I got on well with everyone I met, in a friendly and professional maner. I liked the responseabilty of opening and closing the shop. There where targets set which I reached. I would work for them again.

Pros

A great company to work for. Supportive management

Cons

Basic wage plus commission Sometimes not many customers

do not go

Treat you like poo Use n abuse you till no longer needed Promises of a full job but never happerns Worked there 3 years on agency put my all in to it, to get a full time job there as and when i did eventually receive a job app of them, they then got rid of me saying had no work, but was at there busiest time of year!?

Productive and fun work place

Over all good challenging job, very nice team, good management team who care about all staff, unfortunately the payment and the hours are not that great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharps Bedrooms Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement