Sharps Bedrooms Ltd

Sharps Bedrooms Ltd Employee Reviews

This is a company that'll keep you as busy as you want most of the time, so long as your prepared to...... #1,travel wherever they send you within your region, (your not paid for the time spent in your vehicle, which could be 2-3 hours a day), #2, be prepared to work for an average £150 a day before tax, often lower, as you'll receive a percentage of the customer order value after VAT. Jobs are often underpriced, (suiting the customer) leading to fitters having to work very long hours just to make a decent income. You will also spend a fair proportion of your time getting over poor quality manufacturing issues, survey issues & design issues, as the mentality amongst various departments is "oh the fitter will get over it", or "the fitter will sort it out", therefore wasting time. You'll need to learn the product inside out, (there is alot to learn). Training is given, albeit basic & not very thorough. A head for problem solving, getting over issues & damaged materials etc. is essential as you'll not get paid until the job is complete, no matter how long it takes. To sum up, you'll ideally need experience in this line of work. If you like working 12-13 hour days, being paid a pittance for the skill & care you put into the job, & receiving no thanks for 'going the extra mile' when needed, this job will suit very few people.
Pros
Screws etc.supplied, materials delivered to room.
Cons
Long hours, travel, unhelpful staff, low pay.
Sharps is an enjoyable and fun place to work due to the style of work they undertake, there is a constant flow of work all year round. All the staff /management aswell as the head office are easy to communicate with and are always on hand to assist.They supply all fixings and other bits needed to construct furniture for them via a clever postal service to your home address. All material is delivered to site in the exact bedroom in which the furniture will be built. I would recommend sharps bedrooms to anyone looking to pursue a career in carpentry or in bedroom / office furniture in general.
Pros
All fixings and materials supplied, all material delivered to site, most importantly solid weeks work all year round.
Its very great for experience, working with people and grow your own skill. Great and understanding office stuff. And helpfull management.Over all the job is exciting as a fitter where you can see your own end result
Lovely people, great management, good salary. Amazing product. Would definetly recommend applying here you don't realise until you leave how much much it really is a great place to work.
Pros
Commission, lovely showrooms, great salary
Cons
Cant really say there are any
I am currently working for sharps. The staff are very friendly in the office and my current manager is very helpful when needed with great communication. Hovewer, I wouldn't advice to work here unless you don't have other opportunities. They will provide you with work, but be ready to work for less than a £100 a day most of the time.
Pros
Good communication, friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, low income
Decent place to work at. All colleagues were approachable. The work/life balance was ok depending on the shift pattern you were undertaking at the time
I work for sharp's bedrooms for a year as a carpenter . I do not think that they look after their people very well at all .The job is inconsistent and pay is very low for the job you have to do ....
To get results you have to dedicate yourself to work to get the leads needed for the appointments. Sharps give the tools to achieve that. It is a nice company to work for I would certainly recomend it. Minimum salary but with commission and incentives you can get a reasonable salary
Don’t even think about it good job advertising plot promise of good earnings yeah ask your self why they have a training camp on the go all the time when they find good quality trades men why can’t they keep them simple they won’t pay them what worth so they keep on wasting unsuspecting people’s money time and lives with their company policies steer clear
Pros
Cons
U will be out of pocket
I enjoyed working for Sharps Bedrooms I was sorry to leave. Management where supportive, and I got on well with everyone I met, in a friendly and professional maner. I liked the responseabilty of opening and closing the shop. There where targets set which I reached. I would work for them again.
Pros
A great company to work for. Supportive management
Cons
Basic wage plus commission Sometimes not many customers
Treat you like poo Use n abuse you till no longer needed Promises of a full job but never happerns Worked there 3 years on agency put my all in to it, to get a full time job there as and when i did eventually receive a job app of them, they then got rid of me saying had no work, but was at there busiest time of year!?
Over all good challenging job, very nice team, good management team who care about all staff, unfortunately the payment and the hours are not that great
The money is not fare for the skills. The percentage its not good for the good skilled carpenter.The good thing are,they try to keep the workers minimum 4 days a week occupied.
The work's ok once you get used to overcoming their frequent mistakes and wrongly supplied or damaged materials, but be prepared for accepting jobs that pay less than or around 100 pounds a day if you complete in the time they arbitrarily allocate for installation. You will have your good weeks, but then there's also the weeks where you'll earn less than half a good weeks pay. 3 and 4 day weeks are common if you're not prepared or unwilling to work 7 days a week. Be prepared to spend half a working day driving to and from jobs that are 130+ miles from your house with a pittance paid for fuel. No subsistence pay for staying away from family and no money for food while you do. You do get to claim back for a hotel or digs (Upto 45 pounds a night- good luck finding a hotel for that) which is repaid to you as gross salary so you pay income tax on it again before it gets back to you. Your Field manager will most likely be good to you and will make lots of promises and give you assurances to keep you going and make sure you finish that job but then come back and let you know that sorry unfortunately as it works out his hands are tied by the head office... The work is relentless, they're certainly a busy company but don't turn down any of the work they push at you or you'll soon find yourself not receiving other jobs, certainly not any well paid jobs. Incompetent office staff with arrogant and ignorant senior management add to your problems and will cheerfully leave you out of pocket whilst telling you it's just a 'rough with the smooth' situation and that it's going to improve, - more...
The Company is well organized with the designers and the show room appointment system whereby the sales then take place when the customers are satisfied with the design and the price quotation.
Pros
Use own initiative and support from Head Office
Cons
Need more customers on a daily basis to be more challenging and productive
Great place to work ppl great to get on with.work is sound loads to do ...but unfortunately had to leave because of poor wages.....but miss the place ...good holidays and good break Christmas time..
I worked for Sharps for three years in the Manchester Office as a field sales rep. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a sales role where they can be part of a dynamic team
Initially started out well, team members were supportive of my role. Unfortunately, the role was to cover a few showrooms and due to business demand the locations became too far for me to travel.
if you face fits its great if you feel you can sell double glazing at any price you will do well but of you sell in a consultative way don't bother applying its also commision only but at less than they tell you ant the interview
First of all, I enjoy working for Sharps enormously, they have been a constant source of appointments which keep me busy 7 days a week. They are 100% reliable when paying wages. On the downside, some appointments can be less than helpful and when put together with my biggest gripe, the job becomes very hard to finance. My biggest problem is the huge amount of mileage you need to do (over 1000 miles per week), the company pays nothing towards this.
When I was employed i didn't get much training as this was a new role to the company, sometimes I would be doing accounts work and then another time i would be doing payroll which i didn't want to do.