Shaw healthcare logo
Shaw healthcare

Shaw healthcare Employee Reviews

2.7
Work-life balance

Great place to work i loved it there. Just be nice if people work as team

No team work and lack of support from management . Seniors and team leaders need to support each other at a critical time. Food is great and the care that is given. More activities for service users and being able to spend some time with them

Pros

Free uniform

Cons

I have worked for Shaw Healthcare, Figbury Lodge , from 2019 when they opened. I have seen the building filling up with our lovely residents and becoming a wonderful home for many. The staff are dedicated to making sure residents are happy and well looked after. Relatives also become part of the Figbury family.The home is well managed and there is an open door policy for anyone who wishes to talk to management. Staff are well supported.Figbury has also been awarded a Good rating from CQC. This was achieved with hard work and dedication from all the staff. My job is hard work, varied, but very rewarding. The salary is good and I believe above average. I feel supported by my colleagues and by the management. I have also been encouraged to further my learning and enrolled on a Business Admin Course through the company. Overall I would recommend working at Figbury Lodge.

Pros

Colleagues, residents, free parking, discounted meals, salary enhancements for bank holidays/xmas, free teas/coffee, modern building, beautiful gardens.

Cons

Fantastic place to work friendly teams

I have worked at figbury for just over a year now and I can honestly say it is the best place I have ever worked for. Everyone is super friendly and supportive. The days are 12.5 hours long (as a support worker) however working 3 days a week is a bonus. There is always opportunities to learn new things and progress with courses and training constantly on offer to all staff, also opportunities to work in other departments so things are never boring! There is a excellent team of activities and everyone works hard to keep morale high.

Pros

Cons

N/a

Friendly workplace

Ever since joining Figbury Lodge I have felt welcomed and part of a team. Management are supportive and approachable at all times, they constantly work hard to keep the morale high and I couldn’t be any more happier than I am right now. Thank you to all the wonderful staff at Figbury lodge.

Pros

Constant support

Cons

N/a

Fun workplace

The staff are all fun, outgoing and hard workers.There are always challenges working in a care home but we all work hard to overcome any challenge.Management work hard to keep staff boosted and respected..

Don’t be tempted...

You may find yourself curious about joining Shaw Healthcare, seeing a new challenge ahead of you as an opportunity to develop your skills and join the team.Don’t be tempted. The reality is an expectation of you volunteering endless hours of your free time into a cesspit of mismanagement and vague enforcements of their ideals. Colleagues won’t hesitate to “throw you under the bus”.Best of luck to anyone who ignores the reviews

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Unpaid overtime, foul attitude toward staff and overall garbage management

Challenging job but worth it great team (nightshift)

I worked at shaw healthcare for a year on night shift and loved it ! I had to look for a day job due to home life and my kids only being young but I would defo recommend a nightshift job 8-8 there

Pros

Good support network

Cons

Pay isint great for night shift

Awful place to work

I worked at Market Lodge in Ledbury. The management is awful and most of the staff is very clicky. If you don't fall in line you can be subjected to bullying and if you complain you are ignored. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone

Pros

The residents

Cons

Fab team but awful management

Long hours without sufficient breaks. Management didn’t care about staff and lied on numerous occasions about various things. It was awful having to wake residents to get them up because of being told off if not enough residents were up for the day shift.

Pros

Lovely carers who support each other

Cons

Manager lies, On my days off I was harassed to work and when I couldn’t I was treated badly on my next shift

Do not work for this company.

If you want to maintain any ounce of happiness in your life then avoid this place. Toxic work staff, rubbish benefits. Nothing but a number. Avoid avoid avoid!!!!

Pros

The residents

Cons

Click with 'older' colleagues

Jobs at Shaw healthcare

See more jobs

Reminded me of an earlier employer's set up

Worked somewhere before where there were too many people telling you different ways to do the same job. That time different employer l I left after a year with full blown stress induced depression for which I needed medication for some years.. This time I felt compelled to leave for my own peace of mind after 3 weeks.

Pros

Some helpful non management colleagues

Cons

Too many tasks, too little time.

Dont touch with a bargepole.

Was recommended by a friend of mine who was already working here. Took the job on. Worst mistake I ever made next to working in childcare. Too many backstabbers. Co workers deliberately setting you up to fail. Not enough support. My advice: STAY AWAY!

Pros

Cons

Backstabbing and people who knock confidence.

No person centred care with residents massive staff turn over

As a support worker you have to work with other staff who don’t care and when you complain to management you just get shouted at to get on with it . Constantly feel residents are neglected and nurse and agency nurse don’t care just stay in office . Unsafe I feel for residents as nurses don’t wear PPE when dealing with residents or monitor residents whom are assisted feeds so often they don’t get to eat there meal . Treated like a child by manager and concerns are ignored. Always told in handover if you don’t like it go Tesco . Not a nice place to work . The main nurse there is vile and toxic and gets away with doing what she wants

Pros

Lunch for 1.50

Cons

Long hours 30 unpaid break Treated appallingly but management

Loved to work there

I lived working there. But my wife got sick and died. And I had to have a disciplinary over my time off. To take care of her. So I left. But for 8 years. Until then. It was great. So only bad thing I can say. Is that they were not to supportive.

Pros

Staff. Flexable working hours. Meals.

Cons

Wonderful culture, very supportive.

I worked here as my first home manager job and could not have had a better introduction to Home Management. At every level from CEO down they knew my name and genuinely seemed to care about how I was finding the job and what they could do to support me. I only left because of the commute. I have yet to find another role that is so supportive.

Pros

Supportive management. Great culture.

Cons

Long hours, relatively low pay, but compensated by the wonderful support.

Average company , good pay

Shaw is an average/ good company to work. Pay is good for Team leaders. Time spent completing elearning is not paid for and you are expected to complete it in your own time. The residents are great and a pleasure to care for. Some staff can be difficult and there is internal politics going on. This is a shame, as it's a good place to work for a mental health professional

Pros

Residents and good pay.

Cons

Long hours some difficult staff.

Lovely place to work

Please dont go by all these bad reviews. Not all shaw homes are the same. I have worked at hillside lodge in pulborough for some years now and I love it. The staff are friendly like a family and the managers are lovely and I've always found them very supportive. It's very rewarding though sometimes stressful. But what job isnt? I cant imagine working anywhere else.

Pros

Supportive Management

Stressful dont work here

Awful place to work the old manager had favourites and the new one does too. If your face does not fit you get no respect. Understaffed and underpaid. Do not work here

Pros

Cons

Understaffed long hours

Don't work there

A poor place to work.Institutional care., no person centered care. Poor management structure. Staff are favoured if they suck up to the management.Blame culture.Divides between day staff and night staff... No team work.

Support worker

The management at this company is a joke, they don't listen to you and talk about you being your back.You feel under appreciated and worthless. There is a clear divide between the day staff and the night staff. Don't bother applying for this job. Apply elsewhere.

Pros

Residents

Cons

Management.

Stunning home supportive manager and deputy now the old manager has gone the home has become a fantastic place to work. Manager and deputy care enormously for residents and staff. Confidentiality is now restored in this home and is a happy home once again. It’s a great relief to have good supportive management back in the home. The only thing most staff wish for is when endless complaints are lodged about a past manager,that shaw healthcare act on their finding and get rid of them instead of moving them so enabling them to drag down another home and make another group of staff utterly miserable. Thorndale is now rebuilding its reputation after it has been run down over the past 3 years. Keep going thorndale !

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8