SHC Group

SHC Group Employee Reviews

A fun but demanding workplace.

You have to maintain a good consistent level of accurate work. maintain good communication with your superviser and other work colleagues. Hardest part is to keep going all week on what might seem a boring job. Most enjoyable part of work is helping our residents who were always friendly and appreciative of what we were doing.

Pros

lunches were subsidised. staff Room. Pleasant well lit environment.

Cons

Work place could be quite stressful, And we may not know who we will be working with from day to day.

People promoted without the necessary skills

Lack of respect for staff they are just st bodies.Poor induction and trainingLine managers lack People management experience and skillsMake a mistake and your outThink very carefully before joining this company

Pros

Work life balance

Positive Change

I have now worked for SHC for about 18 months, the company has seen lots of positive change in that time and is continuing to improve. You can tell that the SLT want the homes to succeed and work closely with the home manager to achieve this. Like any place you work there is still room for improvement and sometimes these improvements come slowly. However all ideas are taken on board and feedback is given if they cant be actioned currently.

Pros

Fair pay, Amazing grounds, Staff transport and Staff accommodation

Cons

Can be stressful at times, communication needs to be improved

Avoid this company

If you are serious about being person centred, enabling service users to live their best lives do not work here. They are soul destroying. They’ve got too big and they aren’t willing to change. CQC state in virtually every report that their services do not conform to building and registering the right support guidance and would not be registered today if they applied. Avoid this place.

Pros

Cons

Everything. Avoid it.

An organisation trying very hard to improve

I knew what I was walking into when I was interviewed and joined SHC. I knew about the poor press and negative feeling toward the company but the people I worked with tried very hard to make it succeed and to me, that is really important. There were clearly systemic problems but these were at least being addressed and the two leaders that I worked under (I reported directly to the Chief Executive) were strong, determined and focused. I think I achieved a great deal while working there and was only swayed by a better opportunity elsewhere. I wish them all (genuinely) all the success for the future - they deserve it.

Pros

Challenges

Cons

Distance to work every day.

productive fun place

good place ,good people ,good atmosphere,nice place,chance for development,they have good fasilities,good equipment,but managment is not very good because they changing very often managers and put very yang managers without any expirience

Pros

free uniforms

Avoid !!

Poor management ! Too many people in leading jobs. Too many agencies working for the company. They don't care about good employees. If you want to work in a risky and stressful environment , go ahead.

Pros

Cons

Stress

good place

Good place to work, has its ups and downs especially with the recent press however is generally a nice place to work in, working alongside people willing to help and the people we support

Very poor pay

Very poor pay, I thought sussex healthcare may of learnt from past mistakes of losing good workers due to low wages. The company needs to pay better to recruit better.

A company stuck in the 1980s

SHC has failed to move on from the 1980s in its culture, environment and remuneration/benefits. No recognition of hard work, loyalty and ‘going the extra mile.’ Good staff do not stay and the regulators continually grade the organisation poorly. Lessons are not learnt. No canteen, 20 days holiday - a very high turnover of staff.

Pros

Free parking, some nice staff

Cons

Pay, holiday, benefits, culture

Great team and fun place

I loved getting to work to be greeted by one of my residence with special needs who needed lots of patience and understanding. I learned to be a lot more understanding of people with any special needs. The management only saw what worked on paper. The hardest part was not being able to give the time and support needed due to staff and cost cutting.

Pros

Their smiles

deputy manager

Do not work for this company. No support, very poor pay No value on employees at all. Training is good but that's about it. You are expected to be manager, deputy and nurse on the floor all on the same day.

Great company

Don't judge the company by some of the poor reviews on here! SHC is a great company to work for and is currently going through a number of changes for the better. . When joining I was surprised by the number of training opportunities that are offered. The staff are very friendly and approachable. I would recommend Sussex Health Care.

A poor poor career choice... please try harder & look elsewhere, there are thousands of better jobs out there.

Owners/management/HQ an unsupportive, exploitative shambles. e.g. When I got a parking fine the company didn't pay it in time & charged me the excess!

Not the best company to work for. Avoid.

Most of the head office newly employed staff is disgusting!!! Never support you and don't care anything, but their own comfort. The wages are below the average, but the expectations from you - SO HIGH!!!

Excellent administration and employees are valued

I was happy with the way employees are valued and treated well .the team Spirit is brilliant and work environment is full of fun and yet very productive.The management and administration staff are very organised.

Accounts office was not an enjoyable place to work.

There was a clique in the office. Job training did not exist. Boring work. My predecessor lasted 6 months. Definitely the most unfriendliest office I had ever worked in but I was determined not to be pushed out. My only involvement with the homes themselves was via the paperwork they produced and therefore cannot comment on the staff within the homes or indeed how they were run.

Awful, lots of bullying and atrocious safeguarding incidents that are not reported.

There is no communication between management and carers. HR do not listen to their employees when they express concerns. Staff do their own thing and do not follow the protocol and guidelines. Management do not know how to deal with negative behaviour within their staff. Bullying is rife with staff. Safeguarding? what safeguarding. Employees are trained in safeguarding but do not put it into practise. Only 1 set of uniform for a full time employee.

– 26 July 2019
We are sorry to learn that your experience at SHC was not great. The organisation is going through a time of change in terms of the way in which we support the people who live in the Homes, and how we work with them.Times of change and improvement can sometimes cause staff to become concerned or unsure about what lies ahead. SHC is determined to succeed and would like to take as many staff as possible on the journey ahead of us so that we are providing outstanding care and support.We are sorry that you are no longer working for SHC and should you feel able please contact Human Resources on 01403 217338 to discuss your concerns in more detail. This will give us the opportunity to investigate and continue on our journey of improvement.Human Resources Team

Poor pay and no benefits

Support Workers seriously underpaid; they deserve a lot more than the minimum wage for the work they do. Nurses hourly rate also extremely poor so company has difficulty recruiting. They do offer nice, modern and subsidised accommodation for the staff at the homes, so minimum wage is probably fine in that case but not everyone wants or needs the accommodation. Management appear to be paid quite well but office staff below management are also poorly paid with no incentives or company benefits. The people were nice and the support workers very committed to the people they supported, despite being paid a pittance.

Pros

The staff generally very nice, hardworking and committed. The Training Academy, free parking

Cons

Poor pay, no incentives/benefits for office workers, no where to go at lunchtimes so had to sit at desk or in car to eat lunch

Stay away! Don’t apply!!

This company is going down the drain, stay well away they don’t give a toss about you as an employee! Pay is terrible you can find better at other companies! The job is mainly just filling out paperwork as that’s all they care about!

Pros

People you work with most of the time

Cons

Bad pay, bad management

– 28 July 2019
We are sorry to learn that your experiences at SHC are not great. The organisation is going through a time of change in terms of the way in which we support the people who live in the Homes, and how we work with them.Times of change and improvement can sometimes cause staff to become concerned or unsure about what lies ahead. SHC is determined to succeed and would like to take as many staff as possible on the journey ahead of us so that we are providing outstanding care and support.Should you feel able please contact Human Resources on 01403 217338 to discuss your concerns in more detail. This will give us the opportunity to investigate and continue on our journey of improvement.Human Resources Team

Rubbish

Worst place I've ever worked. The pay is awful, treated unfairly, no one listens to you. Service users are at risk all the time! Lots of bullying going on. Do not work here. Avoid all Sussex healthcare homes, all money grabbing!

Pros

The service users

Cons

Hours, staff, management.

– 28 July 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SHC Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9