Shell
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Shell Employee Reviews

The company is ok to work for but be prepared to graft, the management is poor and you are expected to do EVERYTHING and plus you have to work alone all shift
Pros
On site Costa machine
Cons
No staff discount
Worked there for 4 years until a new manager swept in and turned a dislike to me instantly. Loved my job in the beginning right up until October'20 but the management has become horrendous over the course of the last 7 months or so. Seen 3 managers come and go since being there, all of which were lovely until very recently.
Pros
Free subway per shift
Cons
Management speak down to you, always trying to put you down, one rule for you and a different rule for others
Always working on your own , no Fs given about you always stock up and do delivery by yourself no help what so ever anything ever goes wrong no help what so ever
Pros
Cons
Low pay, awful management
Always enjoyed working here. Lots of training and support. Clear career progression. Very keen on health and safety. Nice colleagues. Good lunches! Able to work hours that suited.
Always something to do. The team you work with is always there for you, and always ready to have a laugh, apart from that there's always someone to stab you in the back.
Pros
Cons
Well, I cant name those.
I worked at stechford shell in Birmingham. I was there for about 2 months. In that 2 months I was charged for 2 drive off which both came out of my wage. It's so wrong how the manager just take drive off out of my wage. Also we used to get people come in nicking a bottle of wine. Nothing I can do as I work alone in the late evening. No manager around. Customer took the wine and it came out of my wage.
Pros
Cons
Long hours drive off come out of your wage as well as stolen goods
One of the best jobs i have had. You get your busy periods and the quiet ones. Management was decent. Friendly but can be fair when need to. Rate of pay could be better. 8.72 (what ever your age is) for days and £9 for nights. Not worth it.
Pros
Cons
Un fair share of shifts
Wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Money pinching owners. Took money out of my wages when customers drove off and didn't pay for fuel. Awful pay. No structure and both support. Because I messaged the owner asking why I have had money taken from my wages I had to clean all the tile sin the toilet top to bottom.
Pros
Discount on foods.
Cons
Managers
While the staff are great to work with, the true issue is the balance of work and rest. When you are the only person working, it can be highly stressful.
Pros
Great staff, managers are okay.
Cons
No breaks, awful customers and highly stressful.
I worked at shell for 3.5 years in total and it was okay, the customers make the job a lot better and bearable. The pay isn't bad considering it it a very easy job to do. You don’t get breaks or time to use the loo as you are alone 95% of the time. The staff turnover is ridiculously high as the manager isn’t qualified enough to manage staff, her communication skills are lacking and she can be extremely rude, she came to work late and hungover multiple times while I worked there and was not pleasant to be around. I finally left to pursue a different career and my mental health is a whole lot better for it. When it gets to a point you dread going to work you know it’s time to leave.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
No break, manager, no incentives.
I am a Muslim woman wearing hijab and I love the fact that both my manager and team ,that comes from different backgrounds, are considered caring and supportive .I enjoy working with customers and cheering them up and they show nothing but respect and appreciation. If you are single the salary is good depends on how many shifts you do .
Pros
good work atmosphere, teamwork, multicultural
Cons
Not a nice place to work. Shifts get watched constantly on cctv! The two facedness is ridiculous. Not supportive management, manager barely speaks. Only good thing about the job is a small handful of nice staff. High staff turnover due to rubbish management. Also staff who are jobs worth when they aren’t even paid for superior role.
Pros
Lovely regular customers.
Cons
Bad management and two facedness
I used the Job as a way to save up money for university. And for that it served its purpose very well. The work hours were tough (which I asked for ) and i felt secure for work every week.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Stressful
My morning starts by cleaning the 3 coffee machines we I replace the coffee beans , then make sure the coffee cups are replemished then the lids for the cups then make sure the sugars are replemished to and to fill up the milk . After I've done that I go out to the forecourt to clean the pumps to replace the bin bags with new one's .
Cons
Out of the fourteen staff members. Nine were the manager intermediate family. Three couldn't speak any English. Expected to work double shifts. No safety measures
Pros
Cons
Total disrgard for welbeing
Honestly, I worked here for almost a year as a customer service assistant and despite liking my job at first I quickly learnt to hate it, the pay isn't too bad but if you had a drive off it was coming out of your wage, you're actually meant to be sent a letter for this but I never did ... it always came out my payslip written down as a "shortage". I worked part-time so I was asked a lot to cover shifts I agreed to do a lot of them but If I ever told my manager that I wasn't available I would have nasty comments and questions such as "Is looking after your nephew more important than your job?" If I was offered to work here again I wouldn't because I was sacked due to another member of staff stealing. The only good thing about the place is free hot food but if you didn't write it down they'd say you were stealing so even that ruins it, oh a lot of the customers like to give you verbal abuse and threaten you too.
Pros
Free food, nice co warkers, free uniform
Cons
Your paying for a drive off, your days off are only if they dont need you to cover, dont book a holiday likely to not get it, sacked because of other people
Good experience with customers etc and working well as a team! The hours are very flexible, if an emergency comes up if you are reasonable to let the boss know He will be understanding and help by getting someone to fill in
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay
interesting work and creative people with a good social and warm atmosphere - amazing views and work floors and meeting room - very impressive but v friendly
I do a part time cleaning job in the morning,I learned a lot and one of the most enjoyable part of the job is that I’ve made lots of friends, they are all so kind and friendly.
Cons
O meu tempo com Shell me ajudou a ficar um pessoa muito profissional e hábil. Eles cuidam pelos trabalhadores e ajuda-lhes em ganhar muito conhecimento de trabalho de marítimo e gestão, e dê os oportunidades para tudo mundo de ganhar experiência e promoção
Pros
Experiência e conhecimento
You're in contact with customers most of the time and if you like working with customers this is the job for you . You can spent some time working for Shell go somewhere else after you gain the experience.
Pros
Communicate with customers helps and prepare you for a next job
Cons
No bonus on Christmas you're nit getting paid more on bank holiday. You have to work Sunday's, Saturday's and youre holiday us not paid either .
  1. Employee reviews