Shepherds Bush Housing Group

Shepherds Bush Housing Group Employee Reviews

B Worked at SBHG for about a year at which point I had to leave. In the 20 something years of me working in housing I have never come across such a disorganised organisation. No-one seemed to know what they were doing and everyone was doing their own thing. There was NO P&P in place that was being followed, they were still using paper files and, they made their staff eat their lunch in a dank mouldy basement that barely had running water, perfect conditions for scurvy.
Cons
I loved working there but people are always trying to get your job seems friendly but same friendly people will be after your job and no matter how good you are the littlest thing can get you fired, so has you can see my experience was not good
Pros
8 hr
Cons
hostile environment
In short, the CEO should be the one making the decisions, not the Governance dept. Too much oneupmanship and jockeying for position at Director level - not a pleasant atmosphere. As a consequence, there is no clear leadership pathway. Working here proved it doesn't matter how well you're paid if being at work is a miserable experience. Was glad to finally leave. Although most people below SMT level were very nice, I would never go back.
Work culture is fabulous and the people are great to work with. Whatever your role or position whether temporary or permanent staff you are made to feel welcomed and valued.
Pros
Easy access - Great location. Nice offices
Cons
My time with SBHG was rewarding to see the good working relationships between departments and the quick resolve to issues and putting the resident first.
Can be a good place for career development however I do not rate the leadership (directors). I do not feel valued as an individual. My manager is awesome nonetheless.
Pros
Some good benefits and flexible working
Good work/life balance - plenty of colleagues to learn from and great social life. Some management not very supportive and limited training opportunities.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Political
A typical day at work mainly consist of invoicing, arranging collections and deliveries, assisting customers with enquirers and data inputting . I felt i have had the chance to brush up and expanded my IT skills, and as the company is a reuse charity i have learnt a lot about working in a charity sector. I do not have any issues with management although at times i felt that where not as organised as they should have been, upon saying this, it has allowed me to use my organisational skill to the best of my advantage. I don't feel there had been a hard or difficult part to the job but the most stressful part has to be making sure everyone has filled in there time sheets, as it not easy chasing all the staff as they work upon the delivery vans. Overall i do enjoy the work i do, but i feel i am not using all of my skills to there full potential and unfortunately there is not much of a career advancement.