Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

On the whole I cannot fault the department I worked in or the people I met through work. Great programme with excellent job opportunities after training. I started during Covid-19 lockdown so incoming work was extremely limited. I had the opportunity to work across two sites which was great and I found it interesting. All levels of colleagues were kind, respectful and offered support and training. Unfortunately it only takes one bad apple to upset the cart and I left as it was impossible to assign me a new mentor due to covid. Otherwise a great place to work.
Pros
Supportive colleagues
Cons
Lack of work, moody mentor.
I love my job but it is a very stressful and fast paced place to work where you can deal with upsetting and emotional times and challenging patients who can pose a threat to staff safety
Good trust to work for as there is great advantages, great incentives to challenge yourself within your career. Also oppotunities to progress and can always count on management
13 hour shifts hard work long hours stressful demanding work dealing with very ill patients care of the elderly and end of life care maintaining all paper work up to date and constant care of your patients
Lovely job, really enjoyed it! Only downside is all the interviews and having to ring every week when you are off sick with a sick note! But other than that I really enjoyed working at the trust! Fabulous training opportunities also.
If your face fits great, if not forget it. No work life balance, always short staffed. Management don't adhere to their own policies but will blame staff regardless.
My first impression of this hospital was how clean it was it was. The safety of the place is one of the best I’ve seen anywhere. Very friendly place.
Good place to work. Secure job and good pension to get in to. The trust offers lots of training opportunities for staff with room for development. Very patient focused
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Sometimes boring
Overall lovely place to work. Lovely staff and teams throughout the hospital, would highly recommend to work here or to be treated here! Fantastic all round.
Within my current position I complete observations on patients prior to their consultation ensuring it is documented correctly. I also ensure doctors have the necessary equipment and paperwork prior to the consultation assisting them if necessary throughout. This can include passing equipment and aiding them with their examinations either in a physical manor or by documentation necessary information. During this time, I ensure the patient is relaxed and understands the information that is discussed through the consultation, providing comfort and reassurance to patients.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver safe, quality and person centred care. Optimising patients experience every day. Good family support.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
All staff are fun, welcoming, polite and extremely hard-working; fast thinking. Giving new opportunities to develop and better yourself along the way. Very passionate about staff and patients.
Pros
Opportunites to develop/Salary Benifits
Cons
Food expences
Good NHS hospital. Most enjoyable part of the job is caring for patients and there individual needs Worst part is paperwork amounts To many managers not enough ward based staff
Cons
Only worked on placement for a week so cannot say much. Friendly and helpful staff. Good dedication to the service provided
An ever improving trust, that has worked hard to be moved out of special measures. Caring and friendly staff. A supportive environment to work within.
Pros
Friendly
day to day the role is very stressful and is full of pressure and deadlines, i work alongside the nurses and higher management meeting deadlines and dealing with outstide agencies. I enjoy my job and the people I work with are excellent with team work though independant work is very regular as i work out of hours and this enables me to use my own initiative 60% of the time.
Poor management long walking distances **** pay when the **** hits the fan youre in the firiing line poor leadership always beeing looked down either by management or nhs staff you do more work than most
Pros
Cons
management
All employers works for are reliable and good teams of people from all walks of life. All aspects of my job roles are quite interesting because they are all supportive and dedicated people who carries me along.
In the many years I have worked here I have had the opportunity to advance my knowledge through many training opportunities which were readily available. I am currently enrolled on a supervisor training course which is very interesting and helpful. My management team have always supported me with flexible working hours as my child was going through nursery and then full time school. My co-workers and I work very hard to achieve the high standards that are expected of us. The most enjoyable part of the job is customer satisfaction knowing that everyone is part of the team.
Pros
large, modern site, nice environment
Cons
unpredictable workload.