Shoe Zone

Shoe Zone Employee Reviews

I love my work and give 100% everyday however over the last year including our time coping with the parademic I feel that we are not valued enough I know how hard times are but there has not been a lot from the management team at h. O. To help us ,we are a team and should be treated as so . The most enjoyable part of the job would be the satisfaction of looking at my store at the end of the day knowing I have done my best and am happy my team have achieved the standards that we keep. . We are shoezone help us guys ! We are doing this for us all , we must pull together xx
Pros
Free lunches!!!! A lunch hour would be good to have now and again!
Cons
Not being considered
Management and other staff are very welcoming. They helped me find my feet there and really encouraged me to progress within the business after a short period of time which I was extremely grateful for. Good pay rates and great work / life balance.
Pros
Good salary, great management, nice place to work, lunch breaks.
Cons
Can be repetitive
Terrible place with terrible management. Only interested in how much money is in the till and how many shoe laces you can persuade a customer to buy as an extra.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the business
Fun and great workplaceGreat management Care about staff respects all cultures and no discrimination Amazing staff members and decent pay Good hours
I’ve been worked for Shoe Zone for coming up 4 years now and I think it’s a really good company to work for. They promote from within, I started as an apprentice and now I’m a supervisor. Sometimes it’s stressful but it’s all part of the fun! Lovely colleagues, have definitely made friends for life!
Pros
Friendly staff and overtime.
Cons
Terrible pay for the required work, headoffice are also clueless and have no idea what they are doing. Massively understaffed as the company won't spend a penny in training or safety.
The best manager and team leaders. Great work atmosphere, friendly colleagues. 90% of the time there is always something to do. Great pay and overtime availability.
Pros
Cons
Working till 8pm
When I started I rather enjoyed my time working here but once I had settled in I realised I was being mugged about a bit, I was promised more hours and progression but none of which came instead I found my hours being reduced and reduced until where I’m currently working the least amount I have since starting when I was promised more hours back in June. And when it comes to management they prefer to hire people from the outside meaning no chance to progress
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Terrible pay, rubbish management and overworked
I worked in shoezone in Barnstaple and I have to say I absolutely loved working there. They were the most lovely people and they were very accepting and supportive. The wage isn’t very high but the tasks weren’t massive or tiring so that wasn't ever an issue especially for someone living at home. All in all couldn’t fault it!
Pros
Friendly and supportive staff
Cons
Wages not enough for bills and rent ect if on low hours
It was fun and I enjoyed working alongside staff that would help me out. Moving stock around and checking to see if they were in correct places was long but fun.
Very slow paced at times but also can be stressful. Hours differ and do not suit my living and lifestyle as I’m in educating. The hardest part of the job is working when there is slow custom and all jobs have been completed. Easiest part of the job is serving customers and giving them a pleasant experience.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Slow custom
No wonder the store I was in closed down not long after I left. Manager regularly showed up hungover, left for 2 hour lunches leaving just me on the shop floor. I wasn’t allowed to process refunds or exchanges which meant customers would often get annoyed at me during the times the manager wasnt there
Pros
Easy work
Cons
everything else
Rude staff. Unprofessional manager, main reason why I left! “Shut your mouth while it still works” is apparently how you address staff and saying that I really “annoyed” her is also acceptable apparently! No patience or training because they were “busy”. Would not recommend.
Pros
Good pay and hours
Cons
Staff, no training.
The regional manager was severely lacking in people skills and appeared to not understand emergencies, the staff in store were generally nice but there were a few who didn't like the younger staff and made a point to show it.
Pros
Cons
No support, lack of training, lack of understanding
Working at Shoezone was one of the best times of my life. The interview was rather casual and it made me relax. After the interview I started to work there at the end of the week. There was a three month trial period at the time, during which my manager taught me the trade. There were only four other members of staff and they were all very welcoming.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
The branch I worked at was shut down.
You get treated like a goffer or a arend boy as well the manager doesn't care they favor women more then guys so not a good place to be at your face has to fit
Cons
Shoezone was my first job when I was 17, everyone was so lovely to me and I had good training and guidance off them. I really reccomend working here it's made me feel a lot more confident in myself
Pros
Loverly staff, nice environment to work in
Cons
I've worked for Shoezone as a Branch Manager and it was a great learning experience, the management was always very helpfull and the company provides support when needed. It's is a fast paced job where you can't just relax a bit, always on the movement, good for energetic people.
Pros
Goo working environment; great support from management
Cons
Low wage; Always busy; Fast paced
my work experience at shoe zone was calm and relaxed as the shop did not seem to be to busy during business days. the workers were very friendly and taught me all I had to know
Pros
kind workers
Cons
short lunch
Not concerned about health & safety of staff. Profit comes before all. People just roll over and do what they’re told. Not enough staff for all the work. Pay rubbish. Don’t supply masks during Covid. Staff had to set shop up for re opening. Including Social distancing measures.
Pros
Some nice customers
Cons
Treated like slaves
My immediate colleagues were lovely and taught me everything at a perfect pace which allowed me to settle in well. The office atmosphere is relaxed, you're able to make hot drinks throughout the day and get a 45 minute lunch. The workload was manageable and I never felt stressed at work. I had a performance review a week before lockdown and was told I was doing great and that there were no issues with my work whatsoever. However, as COVID-19 spread in the UK and the lockdown started, we got an announcement by the company boss that the majority of employees will be put on furlough. The same day my probation was ended due to 'my performance' and I was essentially fired on the spot. I even asked to be put on furlough and fired after quarantine instead but it was highlighted to me that I was fired and only people made redundant could ask for that under government guidelines. Shoe Zone left me high and dry in the worst possible situation and now they're looking to fill my position again. I hope saving those two paychecks (which would've been funded by the gov) was worth it. Work here to gain experience but don't think about staying long term. They do not value you as a human being. During the spread of corona, even if you could complete 90% of your work from home they wouldn't allow it regardless of whether you lived with vulnerable people or not. Most of the management are people who have been with the company for 7+ years and do not like change.
Pros
Work atmosphere, Young workforce, Friendly people
Cons
No flexibility in working hours, Conservative bosses, Large coorporation so you don't really matter to the company
  1. Employee reviews