Shropshire Council logo
Shropshire Council

Shropshire Council Employee Reviews for Assistant

3.0Job security & advancement

Promised so much

Started off great but after the Council merged with Shrewsbury and Atcham Borough Council, If your face didn't fit or you didn't bend over backwards, that was it.

Pros

Flexi-time

Cons

Bad Management

Don't expect to hear back anytime soon

I have never been treated with such ignorance and unprofessionalism from an employer before working here. Took months to begin my job with no clear instruction on when I would start (In the end it took over 6 months from accepting the contract). This wouldn't have bothered me so much, if my management had actually been honest from the beginning and that I didn't need to make a living for myself. Later after the waiting and now officially working, I discovered that my induction wasn't paid for because apparently I failed to hand in a starter pack which I hadn't even received. This was eventually paid for after various enquiries, but months after my payslip was due. Finally to top it all off, despite handing my notice months ago I am still waiting for word off my higher ups that they have even received it, resulting in me having to contact head office and speak to them directly. As for the role itself, management barely spoke to me and were hardly supportive within my job role. Training that was promised in the interview was never provided and shifts left me feeling unfulfilled especially whilst having to deal with the situations as stated above. Hours were typically long with little to do unless it hit peak times. Only work here if you like 0 hours, not getting paid your rightful hours worked and not being spoken to like an actual human being.

Cons

No communication at all

Diverse and fun workplace

Management was a bit disjointed, but otherwise friendly and welcoming. Work day was lenient but challenging, providing a variety of challenges if you needed something different to do.

Jobs at Shropshire Council