Siemens AG

Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Best company I’ve ever worked for,great perks and company vehicle of choice , excellent pay structure.Good training.Great job satisfaction when you’ve fixed a problem for a customer and they’re happy with the work and fix you’ve carried out
Pros
Many
Cons
Away location training
Early start for 12 hour days, both day and night shiftsArduous workRewarding workGood learning opportunities but low job progression chanceLow work-life balanceGood company at higher level, not so good lower down the chain
Cons
Long hours, favouritism
Potentially good job let down by weak and ineffective management, unnecessary stress when we're already hitting targets. Too much talk and too many fad campaigns that have nothing to do with the job. Lack of support, tools, equipment.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Long hours, short breaks.
Poor management structure and capability forcing high turn over of staff and lack of support where bad practices are taking place. Causing long lasting issues for individuals.
I did my apprenticeship here. The majority of employees seemed ok tbf however I found management very difficult. It was very difficult to progress despite the sheer amount of extra hours and commitment I would put in to show my worth whilst maintaining quality. Just a number at the end of the day, shame really as I enjoyed certain parts of the job. I felt trapped and unable to progress.The quality of training was faultless however moving forward was difficult. You get placed and thats where you stay. Not my way of working and something I wouldnt expect a business to promote. Hopefully things will change in the future.I have had more success and earned twice as much money leaving Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery.
Pros
Training
Cons
Very difficult to progress
Great team and environment to work in, always went in looking forward to start the day. The team I was a part off were really supportive and easy to work with, everyone knew what they were doing and the day just flowed well
Pros
Great teams, great benefits, good pay
Cons
Every day was full and varied. You were recognised as a subject matter expert in your field and would be actively engaged to draw on your experience. And in turn you were able to learn and better understand how to support the business. Training was continual and every opportunity was afforded to those who wanted to further themselves. I felt fully supported to take on challenges and resolve issues, and to then report back the issue and the resolution. Everyone was empowered and supported to achieve the best result possible. The safety of all concerned was always the primary consideration, and no excuses were accepted for risks being taken. If you couldn't follow the plan, for what ever reason, you stopped the task and reported up the management chain for a suitable and acceptable alternative plan.
Pros
Really supportive environment with people who wanted to engage
Cons
Lots of miles driving
There is lots to learn and lots of extremely knowledgable people. However, sometimes there is a clear lack of motivation for employees who will not be incentivised.
Pros
Flexible
I learnt that you are just another number they were not interested in the person. The senior managers were just number crunchers with no real feeling
Nothing like working for a company where everybody earns vastly different sums of money for doing the same work to create that special type of animosity. Don't want to work overtime and every weekend? Prepare to not progress. Want to plan to do something one evening next week? Nah, next week's plan just came out (it's Thursday) and it turns out you're going to London for the week. Sort your own hotel out as well while you're at it. It's not all bad, the trainings ok, even if it isn't always what you need for the job, some of the many levels of management are ok, and the actual core role was enjoyable at times, some of the non cliquey people were ok.
Pros
Can be good for the CV or if you want to stay in the same industry.
Cons
Work life can end up being all work.
Weak management structure, all afraid of the MD. The company talks of improvement but the manufacturing equipment is obsolete and falling apart. No investment in modern equipment. Changes to shift pattern from normal days with no pay rise. Staff taken advantage of due to current pandemic.
Pros
Cons
Don't care about staff, no investment, terrible management
Don’t work here!!!! never ever manages don’t care about you only the bonus they can get to boost there salary, you will get too many jobs to do as an engineer and safety goes out the window if pushed to do a job by the manager and done wrong then any come backs your fault. I left like many other engineers coz safety comes first it’s like a recycling place for engineers (new engineers in then 6months later if that to 1yr they go one of the worst smart meter industries jobs I have worked never again
Pros
Leaving!!( And the engineers I left behind 99% are looking to leave aswell)
Cons
Working there is ONE BIG con don’t do it
good company to work with and look after you also opps for progression, ever changing and growing environment and always a challenge each day. Contracts awarded due to reputation of work.
good solid company, very stressful as an engineer and you get a lot dumped on you, pay is good and the job security is good. good if your team are good, but you do get put on.
Pros
good pay, paid lunch
Cons
long hours and no work life balance
Love working for siemens its full of opportunity and plenty of room for development. Every healthineers lives siemens principles. The day goes by very quickly and everyone is so friendly.
In my interview i was given my contracted hours, which seemed to change on my first day to allow others to leave early due to childcare reasons. Mixture of promises that were never fulfilled.
Pros
sick pay, good holiday entitlement and benefits.
Cons
lack of management
The company is well set up and the staff are obliging and amicable to work with. They strive for perfection in delivery of their projects. They are a very thorough organisation who take health and safety seriously. Their sites are well set up and their management hierarchy works well.
Very knowledgeable management structure with a wealth of knowledge and drive. Very good hours of work, very good as far as health and safety and employee welfare is concerned
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
Red tape
To be fair, I was told to avoid the place like the plague as it had a largely ineffectual HR, IT support and project management. It was actually far worse than they described. Projects were badly underestimated from the get-go so you were constantly on the back foot. The quality of the TPWs was patchy to say the least. Many were more interested in socialising and moaning about IR35 rather than doing any actual work. Many would struggle to hold a job elsewhere due to their abrupt manner and limited skill sets so you could see why they chose to be transient workers. On the plus side, the long timers were very friendly, patient and willing to share their knowledge and help out with issues. Apprentices and grads are treated very well and there is a very active EDI group. The work itself is interesting and varied but unfortunately, the many issues gradually drained my morale until I dreaded going in to work.
Inconsistent work badly organised constantly being laid off work only look after full time contract workforce poor communication and zero perks for temps.
Siemens Healthcare are leaders in providing quality medical scanners and providing high quality service support. The promote collaboration, diversity and inclusion.
  1. Employee reviews