Siemens
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Siemens Employee Reviews

United Kingdom454 reviews

Found 454 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,986 reviews

it is a very good company if you are rich and have no ambition otherwise fruitless job

people are best not management you can learn so much but workers are not proteted from toxic employees company have no swine against it. job is secure but subjected to management requirement constantly. but place to nwork just the kind of work happens there and people work around are amazing, management and pay are really need to improve

Pros

good company policies

Cons

Bad management and undercurrent racism in recognising the talent in coloured. very unreasonable pay

No support

Not bad to get trained upSupport lackingPoor structure means managers don’t give engineers help they needDweebs in offices making silly rules for the sake of it to give themselves a purpose

Pros

Pay not bad Trained up

Cons

Awful workload for no extra reward unless working out of hours Some managers bad at job

Process operator

Good place to work, High tech for the most parts, easy location, canteen, work cells, I was on surface mount which is probably the best department for freedom not tied to a desk cell. High pressure as the drivers are expensive . Heavy self inspection. Money was good thou do a couple of days of overtime and your looking at over 600 fot that week NET!

Pros

Money, canteen, parking, weekly pay

Cons

Some outdated computer systems with alarms on that cant be muted

Very good manager but not all of them are good

Nice environment supportive colleagues I had a very helpful manager very easy to work with and communicate with.Good team members all very helpful.

Pros

Nice offices

Cons

No advancement

Very stressful from the first day going live

They ask you to do alot stuff on the van in your own time and is not for everyone. It's a real roller coaster and you have to be on the ball from day one.

Pros

Van and tools all given to you

Cons

Too much non stop work and managers have no empathy

Great people

The project is a great place to work with fantastic multi cultural people. It's great to work for Siemens as there is always good people around you for support and guidance

Pros

Training

Cons

Short term contracts, good jobs.

I was at Siemens on a short term contract, the work was simple and the factory itself clean and state of the art. Good overtime rates available as well. The only thing is that, its hard to get in on a long term basis and if you are offered an extension to your contract, dont count on it. These tend to fall through, so dont plan ahead, you could end up falling flat on your face.

Pros

Facilities

Cons

Contracts

Health, Safety and Environment always a priority and first

My work was a EHS Advisor working in an Oil and Gas Fabrication Yard and on the Triton Knoll Wind Farm electrical substation (mainly civil engineering).Siemens have their own HSE procedures you have to adhere to and are all set out in the "Red Book" They are mainly proactive procedures but there are procedures for reactive situations and time periods for reporting by.The workplace will always have their difficulties where some will promise the earth but their actions aren't adequate. You also get individuals with large egos who will use situations to their personal advantage rather than the good of the job. They mainly are within the client organisation rather than with Siemens themselves. I was committed and dedicated to the safety and the environment on behalf of Siemens the organisation and when this is appreciated by senior management its very much appreciated them and work colleagues.

Pros

Good pay, flexible in start and finish times

Cons

Continuity of work, I also had to deal with my own training being a contractor

Very good company to work for. Nice people andGood working conditions. I used to control customs duties and vat payable on imports intothe three locations at Sudbury Suffolk.

Pros

Good annual bonus

Cons

None really

Good people

Fantastic time at Siemens GY, pay was low after gaining certification, but has since improved. Being out at sea and on the Offshore turbines was very soothing and job satisfaction was there.

Good employer

Lots of training, competency checks and regular briefings to keep employees informed and involved. One of the cleanest depots i have seen, however electric trains are generally cleaner than diesel trains. Ckeaning goes on 24 hours a day.

Pros

Free lunches during Covid. Clean and tidy working environment

Cons

Planned maintenance can be repetitive

Best company I’ve worked for,

Best company I’ve ever worked for,great perks and company vehicle of choice , excellent pay structure.Good training.Great job satisfaction when you’ve fixed a problem for a customer and they’re happy with the work and fix you’ve carried out

Pros

Many

Cons

Away location training

Poor management team

Early start for 12 hour days, both day and night shiftsArduous workRewarding workGood learning opportunities but low job progression chanceLow work-life balanceGood company at higher level, not so good lower down the chain

Cons

Long hours, favouritism

Too much stress

Potentially good job let down by weak and ineffective management, unnecessary stress when we're already hitting targets. Too much talk and too many fad campaigns that have nothing to do with the job. Lack of support, tools, equipment.

Pros

Days off

Cons

Long hours, short breaks.

Poor management

Poor management structure and capability forcing high turn over of staff and lack of support where bad practices are taking place. Causing long lasting issues for individuals.

Ok Company

I did my apprenticeship here. The majority of employees seemed ok tbf however I found management very difficult. It was very difficult to progress despite the sheer amount of extra hours and commitment I would put in to show my worth whilst maintaining quality. Just a number at the end of the day, shame really as I enjoyed certain parts of the job. I felt trapped and unable to progress.The quality of training was faultless however moving forward was difficult. You get placed and thats where you stay. Not my way of working and something I wouldnt expect a business to promote. Hopefully things will change in the future.I have had more success and earned twice as much money leaving Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery.

Pros

Training

Cons

Very difficult to progress

Excellent

Great team and environment to work in, always went in looking forward to start the day. The team I was a part off were really supportive and easy to work with, everyone knew what they were doing and the day just flowed well

Pros

Great teams, great benefits, good pay

Cons

All round positive experience at all levels, with challenges people wanted to fix

Every day was full and varied. You were recognised as a subject matter expert in your field and would be actively engaged to draw on your experience. And in turn you were able to learn and better understand how to support the business. Training was continual and every opportunity was afforded to those who wanted to further themselves. I felt fully supported to take on challenges and resolve issues, and to then report back the issue and the resolution. Everyone was empowered and supported to achieve the best result possible. The safety of all concerned was always the primary consideration, and no excuses were accepted for risks being taken. If you couldn't follow the plan, for what ever reason, you stopped the task and reported up the management chain for a suitable and acceptable alternative plan.

Pros

Really supportive environment with people who wanted to engage

Cons

Lots of miles driving

Professional

There is lots to learn and lots of extremely knowledgable people. However, sometimes there is a clear lack of motivation for employees who will not be incentivised.

Pros

Flexible

Stressful

I learnt that you are just another number they were not interested in the person. The senior managers were just number crunchers with no real feeling

Your soul for a pension cheque

Nothing like working for a company where everybody earns vastly different sums of money for doing the same work to create that special type of animosity. Don't want to work overtime and every weekend? Prepare to not progress. Want to plan to do something one evening next week? Nah, next week's plan just came out (it's Thursday) and it turns out you're going to London for the week. Sort your own hotel out as well while you're at it. It's not all bad, the trainings ok, even if it isn't always what you need for the job, some of the many levels of management are ok, and the actual core role was enjoyable at times, some of the non cliquey people were ok.

Pros

Can be good for the CV or if you want to stay in the same industry.

Cons

Work life can end up being all work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9K