Siemens

Siemens Employee Reviews

United Kingdom476 reviews

Found 476 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,410 reviews
redundancycanteenorganisationmeterprogressioncolleagueroleengineer

Good company to work for.

Traction Drives Dept in Leeds (moving to Goole) Great management, relaxed atmosphere as long as you do what your paid to do. Great set of guys to work and get along with.Communication within the company is very wishy washy. No one seems to know definitive answers until last minute. Salary I feel is under par leaving so most people are working overtime each week to pull a half decent wage. Salary progression has no deffinitive structure to work towards. Certain training (fork lifts gantry cranes) is very slow leaving you struggling sometimes and always having to bother someone else.The work is repetitive, can become monotonous, not really any diagnostic work.Overall I enjoy working here, the people and management make the job.

Pros

Easy work, relaxed and great management style they try look after the workers.

Cons

Easy to de-skill, work is repetitive

Poor management

Management of people mostly non existent. Not a good company to work for. Projects are not managed well on a day to day basis with very little inclusivity of the whole project team.

Insights into Siemens

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

If your face fits

The people you work with are fine just the managers have there favourites and you will got no chance to progress if your not one of the favourites It’s a shame there is loads of good quality people that will do wonders but as not like or not the favourites, got no change of progressing

Pros

Shifts are good

Excellent

Great team, great projects, great training, great opportunities for progression, managers are supportive, work is both interesting and challenging. Can't fault it

Avoid

I worked for Siemens Healthineers for a very long period of time. The way management treat staff is unacceptable. The organisation really effected my mental health to the point where I needed Time off work and required help from a doctor.This organisation is none stars from me. The senior management team do not like to hear the truth, due to this people do not feel they can speak up in a safe environment. The environment is not safe.The culture is toxic the leadership team talk about win together and lose together, however don't practice what the preach. The organisation is a 'if your face fits culture'. People who where less time then me with less experience got push forward for training before me.One of the senior leadership team made false claims against me without physical evidence (as these claims where not true) that took a extreme effect on my mental. My department supervisor has no control over their team, too many want to be chiefs and tell others what to do.I wish I never took this job. Siemens Healthineers is the worst organisation I have ever worked for

Such a big company you are treated like just a number

Toxic office with poor management. The logistics manager got promoted and ended up working more in the production side and the logistics team were very much neglected. I was forced to do overtime with the threat of losing my job and when I stood up to my manager he sacked me on the spot.

Load of rubbish to work for

A load of rubbish to work for dangel a carrot for a contract that never happened good job but the hours are shocking and poor management. Across-the-board hated working there it turnd me in to a shell of my self they don't value good deeds and good people just treat you like something they stood in aspects of the job was good .

Pros

Free lunch no

Cons

Lovely people on my team

Fast paced, good place if u are willing to work hard lovely people. Sort you with uniform etc quickly. When it’s busy it’s very busy and your expected to work hard. A lot of areas are standing full shift but break every 2 hours

Pros

Fab overtime pay

Cons

Overtime is expected

Standard

Perks - Siemens is a suitable place to work for job security and salary. Cons - Long hours with mandatory flex-it policy. - Management can be seen to displace blame by an us and them culture.

Siemens mobility cpm,bhm,man,yrk

I never saw so many people disappointed, can't bear to work for a company. Everybody around you is disheartened, burned out, lacking on energy, and just hating their job. They don’t care about you. Nothing is reasonable and you are never treated fair. Poorly managed resources, some are heavily overloaded. Don't ever try to waste your life here. Management put everything under a stack of emails. No work-life balance. They think you are available 24/7.

Only a virtual work experience but I learnt a lot

Due to covid 19, I could not do a physical work experience at the company so I opted to do a virtual one. Initially, I thought that virtual work experiences were not immersive and fairly dull, However, I found this one quite interesting. It taught me more about the possible opportunities for me and for others after college. Nevertheless, some of the tasks they asked us to do were sometimes completely unrelated to the company or were dull.

Busy workplace

Lots to do and everything is urgent so can be stressful. Chance for progression if you work hard. Management are supportive and the team working is pretty good. Chance to work in cross functional teams and training is supported.

Good workplace

It was a very good adventure where I learned a lot. Not a lot of consideration was given to a different ideas or not a lot of honest talk and you feel a bit separated from the rest of the project.

Incompetent management

Incompetent management. No sense of reality. No promotion prospects. Processes for everything. Corporate mindset. Too many chiefs, not enough indians

Pros

Pension

Cons

Badly managed

Safe job.

Very secure job with chance of progression if in the right area. Salary needs reviewed to bring into line with similar positions in the industry but other than that a good place to work.

Average

Siemens was fun to work at but a bit too stressful at times, didn’t pay too well and they expected a lot of work even if you push yourself they ask for more

Un excellent lieu de travail

Je me suis toujours senti apprécié et j'ai toujours appris de nouvelles choses en travaillant pour Siemens au Royaume-Uni.

Brilliant company

Enjoyed every day whilst I was working there.People are amazing, everyone is willing to help. You work your usual hours, there is good life work balance.

Pros

Free commute

Cons

N/a

Good benefits. Usual big company mentality.

Been a good company but has a habit of selling large parts of the business when the managing board has a new idea. No one is safe. Worked for Siemens 17 years and seen them buy up and sell off various businesses.

Good money for what I did

Good colleaguesGood money Easy enough workRelaxed environmentNice officePaid lunch and breaksOnsite canteen with decent foodHard to progress though

Bad Management Health and Safety Issue

household equipment Technician 12 years experience I work for Siemens for 4y Bad Managements They affraid much experienced people like they are No chance for grow No Benefits No Contracts no performance Bonuses only work through agency for even 8 years. Familly members relations 90%. Stay away !!!

Pros

They cheating people on lunch rate. Overcharged sometimes and poor food quality

Cons

n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Siemens with

Learn about Siemens in popular locations

• Siemens
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?