Signature Senior Lifestyle

lovelyresidentsupportivecarestaffsupportmanagerteam

Supportive

Featured review

Signature Senior Lifestyle selected this as a representative review
Supportive management, collaborative work culture. Good team work and regular handovers. Uplifting staff for self development.Encouragement on self assessment.

Pros

Vouchers

Cons

Short staff

6 January 2022
Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are always delighted to hear from our colleagues! I couldn't agree with you more, career progression and development are very important to us here at Signature. I am glad you have seen this first hand. Thank you for your hard work. We wish you all the very best for your future endeavors.

Awful place to work. Overworked and underpaid

Almost full capacity with skeleton staff. Over run with agency. Not worth the money. Management are poorly run and they don’t care about the staff or the residents

Insights into Signature Senior Lifestyle

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Stressful, low staff, no time for proper care

Working for signature is not for the faint hearted. I have worked in a number of care homes but have never encountered a workload like the one imposed in this home. All staff employed on the dementia unit are overworked and stressed. Expectations of staff are unrealistic. Staffing levels are too low to provide SAFE care for residents and this includes a lack of staff to watch residents who’s care needs are not being met to ensure that they are safe. Staff rarely have time to take breaks but are deducted breaks regardless of if they have been taken. Staff are frequently running over shifts in order to do their notes which they don’t have time for and which they are not paid to do either. Exhausted staff at the end of a busy shift neither have the time or inclination to do this as a result handovers are poor. As employers signature need to take a good long hard look at how they treat their staff on a day to day basis. If staff continue to be overworked and stressed they will not be able to provide the level of care the residents pay so much for. This is a beautiful home and could provide so much more with just one or two extra staff on a shift. I handed in my notice with all of my concerns. Staff turnover is a huge indicator of the poor working conditions. It honestly made me physically ill to work here.

Pros

Free food(if you have the time)

Cons

Long hours, literally running from one person to another.

Must be amazing to live there but working is another story

Constant changes in management. Don't seem to have time to speak to the residents and everything is rushed and regimented. I felt like I was in a prison when I worked here.

Pros

Rewarding work

Cons

At the expense of your whole life

Good workplace overall

It’s a good workplace but can be very stressful sometimes but it’s equally very rewarding. Only issue is that you don’t get paid any extra for working unsociable hours

Pros

Free food

Cons

Night staff don’t get paid any extra for working unsociable hours

Terrible Management and Coordination

The management was terrible, they struggled to communicate with eachother, struggled with the amount of staff yet refused when people wanted extra shifts. A co-worker got fired for no reason and with absolutely no email or meeting and left in the dark. A completely unprofessional and pathetic management team. On top of this, they were severely understaffed for the amount of people they had to care for and caused extreme levels of stress among the employees, especially the managers.

lovely colleagues.. the few left

Working at Signature has taught me a lot, lovely residents, Dementia Coordinator knows a lot and she is always there for you.Unfortunately the industry has a lack of carers which results in doing double of the work, and it is very tiring since it’s really physical. I barely have the time to spend with the residents and do activities and most of the days I just end up doing assisting in toileting and dining for 12 hours. Breaks are really short, half hour in 12h shift but food is provided and it’s tasty. The pay is just above the minimum wage with every 4th shift paid 3pounds extra per hour. Would I recommend it? Yes as it’s one of the best care homes in The city, but unfortunately, as we are ALWAYS short or the bare minimum staff it’s really hard and takes a toll on your mental health too. If it’s your first care job go for it as it teaches you a lot, otherwise go from an agency as it’s better pay, sadly. You could do more than 4 shifts and get more money, but your back will be screwed.The dementia department seemed to be taken aside as last wheel which is really sad as the coordinator works really hard.

Pros

Free lunch, lovely residents, every other weekend off

Cons

Long hours, short staffed, some of the managers seem to think only about the money

20 July 2022
Thank you for your honest feedback, we are always delighted to hear from our colleagues!We totally agree that there is a shortage of care colleagues in the industry as a whole and the impact this can have on the team. Here at Signature, we continue to appreciate our team, and monitor our benefits package to drive applications to help alleviate the pressures our front line colleagues face. We wish you all the very best for your future endeavors.

productive fun, workplace

Deffo apply for a job here. Working alongside the residents is good, the activities asistants are very excited to do activities. Most of the day is made of meeting resident's needs, which is a good thing.

Pros

working with fun people

15 July 2022
Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are always delighted to hear from our colleagues! We totally agree spending time with our residents is the most important and rewarding aspect of a role here with us at Signature. Thank you for volunteering your time to us. We wish to work with you again soon.

I got support and guidance from my seniors

I was happy with my job and caring the residents, I got excellent support and guidance from my managers and seniors unfortunately my family moved to other place so I left my job I think the management and all team members seemed happy with me, thanks for all team members and management team.

15 July 2022
Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are always delighted to hear from our colleagues! We are delighted to hear that you felt supported during your time with us. Thank you for your hard work. We wish you all the very best for your future endeavors.

Don't work for this company

They just want to know that you won't miss work because for that they would have to hire people from agencies that cost them twice as much they don't care your just a number underpaid

20 June 2022
Thank you for leaving a review, we would be very keen to speak to you to understand more about your experience at Signature with regard to your comments. We are always interested to listen to feedback from our team members so that we can review with the home to ensure that our staff are happy and that our policies and processes within the home are up to our standards.Please email our Recruitment Team (recruitment@signaturesl.co.uk ) if you are happy for us to contact you to discuss your review, we would really like the opportunity to learn more about this.

Short staff, a lot of problems with pay and pay slips.

Management very disorganized. Very poor communication between staff and management. Some staff members have no access to payslips. Handover not paid.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Lack of request book. Handovers not paid.

20 May 2022

Residents are amazing when allowed to interact with them some management members need to remember confidentiality is essential for all team members

Team members stressed and over worked, line manager expects way too much in time scales and not enough management skills, if you need confidentiality forget it go above team manager and speak to G.M or Assistant to them.

Pros

Access to discounts Blue light

Cons

No inclusion

20 May 2022

Nepotism and poor work culture

I have had very poor experience working for signature. Very poor work culture, unsupportive management, disrespectful staff and generally not a great home to work in.

Overworked.

Many staff overworked and a toxic environment, management are not the best and felt very unwanted most of the time. Needs alot of changes for people to stay.

Friendly environment

Staff and management team are incredibly friendly and always make you feel welcomed. Great benefits and support from all. Good training opportunities.

20 May 2022
Thank you so much for your positive comments in regards to your time with us so far! Its great to hear our colleagues are having such a great expereince. Keep up the great work!

Do not work here!!!

Met some lovely people and the residential manager was absolutely amazing and did help where he could but wasn't enough for me to stay there, the cons definitely outweighed the pros. Hours can be extremely long (7am-9:30pm) Main management does not care at all, never saw them interact with any residents in the short time I was there. Initial training I had before I started was very good but was informed they used an outside company for this, training after starting was absolutely appalling and did not learn anything. Resident to staff ratio is EXTREMELY off, be prepared to work with alot of agency (some were amazing) but alot were unsure of what to do. Most lead carers were also very unhelpful, some were rude and felt like a burden when asking for help. Residents can be quite rude, you'll be running around like a headless chicken but because you didn't take them for lunch at the right time its your fault. I can 100% say to anyone thinking of working here, please don't do it!

Pros

Going home

Cons

Long hour, bad training, bad management

20 May 2022

Good place to work. Friendly staff and residents

Signature Beaconsfield is a good place to work. As part of activities team I spend a lot of time with residents, ensuring that they have an enjoyable day. Management has been supportive.

Pros

Free lunches, good team spirit.

Cons

Nothing in particular

17 February 2022
Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are always delighted to hear from our amazing colleagues! I am so glad you enjoy your role at Beaconsfield alongside the supportive management team. Thank you for your hard work. We wish you all the very best in your career with us!

Supportive

The General Manager at Beaconsfield is extremely supportive and has an open door policy. The most enjoyable part of working for Signature at Beaconsfield is interacting with the residents, it's very rewarding.

17 February 2022
Thank you for your positive feedback, we are always delighted to hear from our amazing colleagues! Thank you for your hard work. We wish you all the very best in your career with us!

Great company to work for

I have worked for a few care companies but Signature is one of the best. The management operate an 'open door' policy and are very supportive. The teamwork is excellent between staff. The residents are a joy. The company is very understanding and listen to the staff. The benefits and holidays are good.

Pros

Great teamwork Good worklife balance Recognised by management for a job well done

1 March 2022
Thank you for your positive review! We wish you all the best in your career with us!

I really enjoy working with Signature, great provider showing excellence in Care and it's People

Brentwood is an excellent home with a hard working and amazing team. The residents definitely make sure it is their home and are well cared for in every aspect of daily life. It has been my privilege to Manage the home for the last 3 yrs and 3 months, and I will miss the home, residents and Staff. However because of Signature's investment in its people, I have now been given the opportunity to commission and manage their new Home in Barnet , opening in May 2022. Very exciting times ahead for myself and Signature

Pros

Good Regional and Head office Support, Good Career development, Great Benefits for ALL staff, Caring Company

Cons

Can be stressful, however this is mainly due to COVID and all that, that entails when running a Care Home

17 February 2022
Thank you so much for your positive feedback and congratulations on your new role within the business!

A great place to work

I have worked for this company for a number of years and thoroughly enjoy my job. The company/management are very supportive in relation to worklife balance and are always on hand to listen. I am able to progress my career if I wish to and I am always kept up to date with necessary training and company news. The Reminiscence team (Dementia) are a great team to work with and we all support each other. The Management team area always on hand to help out if needed. My direct line Manager operates an open door policy to all staff, residents and families.

Pros

Great team Supportive management Good benefits/holidays Training courses available for all staff

17 February 2022
Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are always delighted to hear from our amazing colleagues! I am so glad you enjoy your role at Beaconsfield alongside the supportive management team and progression opportunities! Thank you for your hard work. We wish you all the very best in your career with us!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signature Senior Lifestyle. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement